Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-06-2012, 07:36 PM
NetSeeker

Blinding Tools

Hello

I just thought I'd write a bit about something that's been on my mind for a while: Tools.

By 'tools' I'm referring to the thought forms/patterns, actual physical objects or rituals people use to experience their spirituality. To each their own, I just find I can't use them anymore.

In a sense it seems to me like it's a good thing I don't need tools to experience energies, but on the other hand I do feel a bit of sadness in not being able to enjoy going on spiritual journeys in search of, say for instance, animal/totem spirits as teachers.

This realm is very much focused on forms and the 'differences' between said forms. It's a distraction. I once had a dream where I was allowed into a 'fair ground' where everything was brightly colored and very distracting. After a while I was 'pulled out' again by people who were close to me and whom had remained outside of the fair grounds because it had all proven to be a little bit too much. The point being that even though it seemed very real and spectacular; it was all a show.

It would do me no good to go looking for my animal spirit guides or citing incantations, etc. I have a sort of aversion to deception no matter how well intentioned it may be. I can't do any of the things mentioned above without getting that creeping feeling like I'm fooling myself.

That reminds me; at the 'fair ground' the politicians of the world were represented by a babbling cardboard cut-out. I just thought that was worth mentioning
Old 08-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Malthoruk

I know what you mean about using tools to have spiritual experiences. I myself have never delved into using them, but allow me to offer my view on doing incantations or rituals. Usually enough I think they're a waste of time depending on what the ritual or incantation is used for. However I do believe there are some rituals or incantations used that prove useful and help further the spiritual experience. I have heard from a friend about somethings that happened during a ritual performed, very interesting stuff. Although the most I have experienced myself is someone speaking in Tongue that caused my energy to go wild, in a good way. So in a way tools are necessary things when the time is right and that they are used properly.

Also, very funny about the babbling cardboard cut-out politicians.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Enya

The spiritual path is always changing... and our need for certain tools changes also. If we don't let them go and move on in our development, we risk stagnation.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Master
Yes... there's a time for using tools for healing and opening the mind and heart, and a time to let go of them... either for new tools to take you further on, or for none at all.

Xan