Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 20-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Master
Thanks for all that info SupernaturalSlueth. I'm just now reading it. Good to know.

Laura, I've never been a fan of FB that's all. I know too many people that are addicted to it, threw their lives away for the computer, I just never had an interest. I hate that now days you have to "like" a product or a person on FB. I suppose it has its advantages, but in many ways, I see it not such a good thing, but that's just my opinion. No, I don't care who knows I wrote the book. If I did, I wouldn't bother.
Old 20-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Occultist

first thing you need is a good query letter and junket.
Manager and PR person <- someone who is both helps. Then they will help you get an Agent then the agent will market you to publishing companys.
I know alot about the industry if you have any personal questions feel free to PM me.
Old 21-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Master
Thank you so much, Occultist. I rather would like to get it out by way of an agent...seems I would have better success in getting the book out better. I will no doubt be seeking your advise if you don't mind when I get closer to the book being finished. Again, thank you so much!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Master
All good advice but don't worry about what's goin to happen when the books finished just concentrate on doin the book.

All works of Art are predestined to live the life they need to live and givin' them the freedom to do so, without your own expectations of how they should travel their life, is hampering the artworks freedom to be itself.

I'm overly emphasising the artwork as a lifeform, which it is, but what really gives them "umph" is there interactions with the people who will love and enjoy them, that is the real lifeforce in artworks and your job is to be the parent who sets them up for that life... then lets them go out and do it!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Master
Mr. I...what did you do with your thread in the art area? Didn't you have a thread there with the things you created? I always found it fascinating. I just looked yesterday at the jackets you made. Today I notice the thread's not there, that or I'm blind or it was somewhere else and i'm losing my mind, which could be possible.

Well, duh, never mind, it's 'downstairs' in another forum...
Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Dilchannan

I am in the process of writing a book, for about the last 2-3 yrs now lol...When I hear the story play out in my mind, I will pull out my folder and begin to write..So far I have found it is not the most productive method, but it is coming along... :+)
Old 04-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Master
Sorry Sarian, I'm not so good at keeping stuff linear... a little too lateral most times to even keep track of myself...

What I do is get the drop down menu from my name at the top of the posts and hit "find all posts by Mr Interesting" and then go find out what I've been up to!

Someone said ages ago I got a whole tribe of elementals hanging with me and with that the emphasis tends to be on mischievous....

Where I live the population of lizards has just gone haywire... I love those little skinks!

In the last few months they've developed this game where it's about get where I can see them then dash off like I'm goin' try and catch them... They live for fun and games!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Master
Hey Sean, I can't keep track of anything. I can't remember places I posted at, or threads I was interested in. I suppose you can get email notifications, but Ive never bothered to look. sigh... Thanks for the tip regarding what you to. I'm terrible regarding following directions, obviously I don't, or I'd had done what you do ...lol...then I would know what I've been up to as well.

What a cool looking lizard! We dont' have many around here, salamanders that's about it. that one above looks like a snake until you see the little legs. :-)
Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 AM
Master
Dilchannon, lol, well my sil started writing a book about 20 years ago...Never heard much more about it, I think she gave it up finally, but five years ago, she said she was still writing. I would think it would be bigger than War & Peace by now.

What's your book about? If you are still enjoying it and in no rush, then I'm sure it will get done eventually. :