Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Ryzaack

Clarification on AP/OBE (?)

Ok. It seems like a lot of people on these forums and on the internet in general (including myself) do not understand what Astral Projection exactly is.

Lets talk about the term "Astral Projection" - the word projection itself means projecting something, this could very well mean it doesn't have anything to do with reality. Projecting = Imagination? Are people who experience the AP simply projecting thoughts with their minds and naming them Astral?

Whats up with that?

A lot of people claim they have experienced AP a lot of times yet they never find themselves on Earth but rather in some other worlds again calling them Astral, talking with other beings etc.. Again, a nice argument for all of this to be simply an imagination.

What is your opinion on what Astral Projection means exactly? Write a definition below as if you were going to explain it to someone who has no idea what it could be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm simply curious on what people here perceive as AP, and what arguments they have to support their beliefs.

Here's mine:

Astral Projection is a state of living trough your mind/soul instead of body, you separate from our physical dimension and are free to explore our universe in a completely different form of life, with different set of abilities.

One more time, I firmly believe some sort of AP/OBE is real, I just want to see what people here think they are trying to achieve.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Master

Its where you consciously leave your phy. body . Hear are two other links.
http://www.aznewage.com/aznewage.org/astral_travel.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection
Old 12-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Ryzaack

I know the definitions, I read about general AP information a lot. What I am wondering is how difference characters of people perceive this magnificent area we are all desperately trying to be a part of :)
Old 13-06-2014, 06:33 AM
Master

For myself, by astral projection I mean more then just consciously leaving my body as after all those who do lucid dreaming also consciously leave their body to find themselves in another place! With either of these things, it can "feel real" to people.

To me astral projection is the projection of the astral body in the astral realms.

This can be at times to the actual earth astral (thou of cause there are others too). With astral projection one can interact in some ways with the actual physical world. This is one way I distingish between LD and astral projection, astral projection isnt something ones own mind is making up and creating unlike dreaming is and one can be experiencing and seeing very real things. Ive had quite a few examples of this happen to me and which certainly cant be called "dreams".

A dream.. to me thou that can also affect the astral, it is rather something ones own "mental body" is creating. The imput of dreams onto the astral thou are very short lived (the thoughtforms of them quickly fade).

I find it very hard to explain as the whole thing I see as being quite complex. To add to this complexity, someone can be both experiencing their astral body some along with dreaming a bit too, eg a person may feel the separation of their actual astral body but then end up drifting into dreaming eg just like a student may start daydreaming at a desk during the day and while awake, suddenly forgetting where they are as the mind has gone elsewhere.

I find it near impossible to explain to anyone who hasnt experienced real astral body experiences along with lucid dreaming too. Maybe one way to help define is that in astral experiences one can do things which just do not happen in dream experiences. eg one can go and check up astrally what another who is physical is doing etc etc

It is quite possible that some who think they are astral projecting, may be actually lucid dreaming and having lucid dreams about doing so and hence maybe why there is so much confusion around these two things???? (as they are so close anyway and even can overlap some, its not surprising there is confusion which goes on).

I personally think that a slightly different mind state is needed for a pure astral experience whereas if one wants to LD one allows ones mind to drift some so the subconciousness starts manifesting eg hence dreaming starts to occur, for a more pure (bad word to use but I dont know what other word to use) AP experience one doesnt want ones mind to be letting go like that. To LD, in my case often WILD (wake induced lucid dream) I have to let my mind go in a different way. With both of these thou, the same amount of body relaxation is needed.

Anyway, my definition of astral projection is the projection of the "astral" body into the "astral plane"

Someone recently pointed out to me that the term "out of body experience" or OBE could be used to describe ANY experience where the person is experiencing being out of body, so those into LD could use it too. Due to that Im now trying to remember to use the term astral projection or AP when describing what I used to mean by OBE as that seems to be able to be clearer in what it means. Astral projectiion=the projection of the astral body.
Old 14-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Knower
Astral Projection is the projection of your conciousness into various planes/dimensions while leaving the physical body behind.
AP is sending your consciousness out of body to explore without limits, and Lucid dreaming is our consciousness inwards to our subconscious mind to explore our thoughts by interacting with the dream process⭐��⭐
Old 14-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Ryzaack

Thank you both for posting!

Up until a while ago, like I said, I thought AP means exploring Earth (same stuff like in this life just with your mind/soul) and that was fine by me really, what more could I want to experience then fly over our own planet etc and see all the beautiful places it has to offer. Not to talk about the rest of the universe.

Since I couldn't AP yet again last night, I've decided I won't try at night anymore, but rather in the mornings, when I wake up too early and I'm really tired. :)
Old 14-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzaack
Ok. It seems like a lot of people on these forums and on the internet in general (including myself) do not understand what Astral Projection exactly is.

Lets talk about the term "Astral Projection" - the word projection itself means projecting something, this could very well mean it doesn't have anything to do with reality. Projecting = Imagination? Are people who experience the AP simply projecting thoughts with their minds and naming them Astral?

Whats up with that?

A lot of people claim they have experienced AP a lot of times yet they never find themselves on Earth but rather in some other worlds again calling them Astral, talking with other beings etc.. Again, a nice argument for all of this to be simply an imagination.

What is your opinion on what Astral Projection means exactly? Write a definition below as if you were going to explain it to someone who has no idea what it could be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm simply curious on what people here perceive as AP, and what arguments they have to support their beliefs.

Here's mine:

Astral Projection is a state of living trough your mind/soul instead of body, you separate from our physical dimension and are free to explore our universe in a completely different form of life, with different set of abilities.

One more time, I firmly believe some sort of AP/OBE is real, I just want to see what people here think they are trying to achieve.

Hi Ryzaack,

I have zero arguments to support my beliefs past my own personal experiences which, I admit, I can only really prove to myself. I will tell you what it feels like to me to project from an awake state, though. I do actually feel myself detach from the physical to the best of my knowledge. I don't think I can really describe it because there is really nothing to compare it to, but it's definitely something that I feel. Is it my imagination? I don't think so based on some of the experiences I've had, but I can't prove that...and I've been projecting just about every day since childhood, as early as I can remember. I can't prove what my experiences are, and neither can anyone else. I know what it feels like, and I have pretty good deductive reasoning to make a guess, but I don't think anyone really knows. When I talk about astral projecting, I usually say that my conscious awareness shifts to my astral body because that's how it feels, but I don't actually know for certain that that's what happens. No clue. I've racked more time in the astral realms than most people, I'd guess, and I will go so far as to say that if anyone tells you that they're certain of the process or that they know something to be a fact? They don't. They're guessing. All of the books on astral projection past actual techniques that could help? Guessing. There is not one person alive who knows for sure how we project, or why we project. I've practically lived a portion of my life in the astral realms, and if you ask ten different people/entities/spirits there, you'll get ten different answers. I do absolutely have folks there I call spirit guides that I trust, and if I've learned anything, it's that the astral realms aren't so different than our physical lives in many ways. How did we get here in the physical (past biology) and what is the point of being here? It's personal and we make our own truths. The astral realms are no different. Maybe that changes when we pass over. I don't know because I'm here in the physical experiencing the sensation of needing a physical conscious to navigate the physical world I'm currently tethered to. Astral projectors do all sorts of different things, have different reasons for projecting, have different belief systems about why we have access, what the astral realms are all about, etc. It's not so different than being in the physical, or perhaps our beliefs carry over to the astral realms with us. You can go on a quest to answer your queries the same way you can in the physical. What's it all about? Why are we here? Everyone will have a different answer. Some people say god. Some people say there was a Big Bang. Science says one thing. The multitudes of different religions say a million other things. At the end of the day, truth is personal, truth is what you want to believe. Can we leave our bodies? Is it our imagination? What is the purpose? How does it work? Does anybody know for sure? My answer is no, they don't. And if anybody tells you they have it all figured out? I'd take it with a grain of salt. I've read a few books by authors who think they have it all figured out, and as a person who's most likely spent a hell of a lot more time than they have in the astral realms? Or at least as much time in the astral realms? I can tell you that they don't have it all figured out. Sure, they make a lot of money to assure you that they do, but I'm here to tell you (for free) that no one really knows anything past their own experiences. No one CAN know anything past their own experiences. Personal experiences do not necessarily equal unequivocal truth, only personal truth...and every personal truth is biased, my own included. What is astral projection? It's whatever you think it is, because you only have your own experiences to go by. Like physical life? You get out of astral projection what you want to get out of it.
Old 14-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Ryzaack

Thanks for an amazing response Egadanagade, you seem to be really open minded and a charm-full or humble person, since you seem to understand your own understanding and perspective of things doesn't make it the ultimate right and truth for everyone else.

I respect that.

I too, to some point believe AP is also such a thing, a different truth for everyone, but I'd like to think there is more than just a "AP" sensation in all of this, we call this experience "Astral Projection" or "Astral Travel" etc, but who are we to call it anything? What do we actually know about it? This is literally a whole new world -- so to speak.

I finally somewhat understand the grasp of this whole thing, and now it seems so funny and ridiculous when people try to AP once and are frustrated they didn't achieve it. I was once like that, wanted to get it FAST and ENJOY FLYING!! hehe.

Now I am ready to take it slow, gain experience, gain knowledge not just about AP in particular but in the whole, lets say, spiritual world all-together, what I'm saying is I'm ready to accept this will be my life-long journey.
Old 15-06-2014, 02:46 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzaack
Thanks for an amazing response Egadanagade, you seem to be really open minded and a charm-full or humble person, since you seem to understand your own understanding and perspective of things doesn't make it the ultimate right and truth for everyone else.

I respect that.

I too, to some point believe AP is also such a thing, a different truth for everyone, but I'd like to think there is more than just a "AP" sensation in all of this, we call this experience "Astral Projection" or "Astral Travel" etc, but who are we to call it anything? What do we actually know about it? This is literally a whole new world -- so to speak.

I finally somewhat understand the grasp of this whole thing, and now it seems so funny and ridiculous when people try to AP once and are frustrated they didn't achieve it. I was once like that, wanted to get it FAST and ENJOY FLYING!! hehe.

Now I am ready to take it slow, gain experience, gain knowledge not just about AP in particular but in the whole, lets say, spiritual world all-together, what I'm saying is I'm ready to accept this will be my life-long journey.

Thanks for that, Ryzaack. You give me too much credit. Secretly I think I have it figured out just like everyone else. But then, as I mentioned? I'm just as biased as everyone else, lol. I'll at least say that as far as astral projecting goes? I like my personal truth. It's something that I can easily live with, even if it turns out to be proven someday to be nothing more than our imagination. Whatever it is, I'm grateful for the experiences.
Old 16-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Master

This was posted by a member on astral pulse . On that same forum is a post by a lady , she asked to see God while out of body . She discribes colors of light and energy . I have yet to have a conscious o.b.e. my self , but have dreams where I was out of body .
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/we...-t44642.0.html