Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 20-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Knower

I'm in a serious bad spot, can any energy healers here help

I knocked my neurochemistry so far out of whack by being on medication for for past 6 years or so that its agonising stopping them. Doctors can't help, all they can do is prescribe something that will temporarily remedy the symptoms but make them so much worse in the long run that I'll be as good as dead (dopamine agonists are the last option available and they are the worst of the worst). I'm ready to take any leap of faith, I already took a crazy one the other day not knowing if I'd die or not, I'll do anything at this point because the withdrawal symptoms (namely the akathisia) are real harsh, and since I've nothing to go back to (the issues I had before starting medication didn't just go away, the meds just covered it up), I don't see the point in living if I can't solve the problem. I'm not gonna kill myself, I'm gonna use myself as a guinea pig and find solutions, or die trying. Any solutions I find can be used to help other people in similar situations. So if any energy healers here can help me, I'll be infinitely grateful, and I'll return the favour I guarantee you that.
Old 20-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Master
Hello FrogWarrior,

Merry greetings to you upon this day... I feel for you, I truly do. I was in your exact shoes 7 years ago. Back in 2007. At the time I had been on SSRI's for 7 years, and did not realize while on them how bad they were throwing off my energy and my well being... It wasn't until I got off them did I see what they had been doing to me.

The withdrawal of them was brutal. I remember that clearly. From the room spinning to even my dreams spinning... I was cold turkey with mine, mainly because I ran out of them and did not get them filled, and had been in the hospital for a week for an appendectomy. I would not recommend cold turkey. If you are getting off them, you are best to ween yourself from them. Over time.

What can you do to help those withdrawal symptoms? Well taking meds for it, would certainly defeat the purpose of getting off of them. Time is the major thing. It is going to take time. I'd probably say it took a few years to fully get them out of my system. To fully be free of the affects of them. In the meantime, drink water to help flush your system and purge them out. Grounding will help. So will running of universal energies into your system to help bring in healing to help smooth your transition.
Old 21-06-2014, 01:05 AM
primrose

Sending you healing thoughts, FrogWarrior, may you have the strength to heal.
Old 21-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Knower

primrose: Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

innerlight: Cold turkey withdrawal after 7 years of SSRIs, yeah you definitely know what I'm talking about. Thank god you decided to get off them because what doctors don't tell you is these meds abruptly stop working, the medical term is tachyphylaxis, the laymans term is "pooping out", I've experienced it with 4 different classes of drugs in a short period of time. I'm trying to help a friend get off an SNRI right now too. I went through a big cycle of taking one med to counteract the withdrawal of another, then spending too long on that med. The last med I used was a short acting benzodiazepine, thats the most dangerous one in terms of withdrawals but thats just one of a number of meds I was on. Its not a matter of flushing them out of your system, the issue is that while you're on them, your brain changes in response to the presence of the drug, so when you stop taking the med, your brain physiology is off base and has to return to normal. Its been 36 hours since my last dose of that stuff, and this time I've only got 1 tablet left which I'll only take in a life or death emergency situation. So far so good though, the symptoms are mild, otherwise I wouldn't be able to type this, I'd be too agitated and lethargic. Thats the brutal part of it, I've been getting this agitation/akathisia and lethargy at the same time, so got the restlessness but no energy to get up and do anything about it. This issue is caused by lack of dopamine and too much muscarinic acetylcholine activity, but thats just a model, and modern science has big limitations and many things it doesn't yet account for so its a bad idea to think in terms of modern pharmacology, its still caveman science.

I haven't found anything that really helps with the withdrawal symptoms yet. I'm tying all kinds of things and will try anything. You mentioned purging the system, the name frogwarrior, I made that because I was using Amazonian frog venom which makes you violently ill for about 15 minutes, causing you to vomit, so it purges the system of toxins but that didn't seem to help much. What I need is to speed up neuroplasticity and to make the symptoms less extreme while my brain returns to homeostasis. By tomorrow I'll know how extreme the symptoms are, 48 hours should be the maximum amount of time for them to kick in, but going 36 hours without them getting that severe, thats a good sign.
Old 21-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Amoralight

Hi FrogWarrior. I will send you healing energy. May you feel better soon.
Old 21-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Master
I had been on numerous medicines over those 7 years to try and "help" me.. I use that term loosely as on them they were not really providing me help. They were slowly taking my sanity away from me without me even knowing they were doing it. Whilst on them I became a completely different person. One who was empty, a zombie. It was not a pleasant time in my life. One of the darkest times in my life. One of the second to last pills I was on was Effexor, where it was so strong in its chemicals. Where one day missing the dosage and I was in terrible withdrawal from it. That should have been a clear sign of what they were doing to me. Of course one can't really be surprised with that outcome. When you are trying to change the chemistry in ones brain, that is the type of stuff you will get.

For me with the cold turkey all I could do will ride it out.. Within a few days the worst symptoms of it, subsided. And I was on the road to recovery and detox from it. It wasn't a smooth ride. It took a lot of time to rebuild myself. Retrain myself in how I think, and how I respond to it. I learned more about myself, as it was myself that would be needed to heal and get past it.
Old 21-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWarrior
I knocked my neurochemistry so far out of whack by being on medication for for past 6 years or so that its agonising stopping them. Doctors can't help, all they can do is prescribe something that will temporarily remedy the symptoms but make them so much worse in the long run that I'll be as good as dead (dopamine agonists are the last option available and they are the worst of the worst). I'm ready to take any leap of faith, I already took a crazy one the other day not knowing if I'd die or not, I'll do anything at this point because the withdrawal symptoms (namely the akathisia) are real harsh, and since I've nothing to go back to (the issues I had before starting medication didn't just go away, the meds just covered it up), I don't see the point in living if I can't solve the problem. I'm not gonna kill myself, I'm gonna use myself as a guinea pig and find solutions, or die trying. Any solutions I find can be used to help other people in similar situations. So if any energy healers here can help me, I'll be infinitely grateful, and I'll return the favour I guarantee you that.

Hi ..

Life is difficult for all at some point in ones life .

For me I was on my knees because I had lost everything ..

So what happened was that I began to realize that there was nothing to loose ..

Its a bit freaky to explain but what unfolds for you unfolds .. what comes to mind pay attention too .

One minute your faith is with another then it lies with you ..

If you truly want to be well and strong then make that connection within yourself with conviction .

Then watch as things unfold ..

x daz x
Old 21-06-2014, 07:49 PM
shentao

Hi Frog Warrior!
I have been in your shoes years ago and I went through the same. It is not easy to give you a good answer. It takes time and a lot of work from your part to overcame the bad feelings.
What help me in the begging when all the craziness comes down is to listen to classic music and really concentrating in my prayers. I know it sound silly but it did work for me. I guess that was my way of meditating and work the pain and the scary feelings.
I will suggest you do some qi gong it will bring your energy to balance and it will help reduce the anxiety. Are you taking vitamin B complex? Vitamin B also helps a lot I am no doctor but I really hope this helps you!
In the mean time I am sending you healing; love and lite!
Stay positive you are here to serve a purpose YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Old 21-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Knower

Effexor is an SNRI, its possibly the worst of the worst of the antidepressants when it comes to withdrawal. I'm glad you're free from it now, it sounds like a nightmare to withdraw from that substance. I know what you mean about becoming a zombie, the stuff I was on turned me into a robot. I'm nearing the 48 hour mark, and I'm mainly feeling mild akathisia and trouble regulating body temperature, its not that bad at all. I've gone cold turkey 3 times over the past couple of years, the first 2 were pretty harsh, I was expecting this one to be the worst due to the benzodiazepines, but so far its alright. The worst one was quitting baclofen. I was taking trazodone to sleep at night and still the symptoms were extreme. The last withdrawal was worse than this, I think it was due to being on opioids. I've read horror stories from people who were on a small fraction of what I was on over the years but everyones brain chemistry is different I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi ..

Life is difficult for all at some point in ones life .

For me I was on my knees because I had lost everything ..

So what happened was that I began to realize that there was nothing to loose ..

Its a bit freaky to explain but what unfolds for you unfolds .. what comes to mind pay attention too .

One minute your faith is with another then it lies with you ..

If you truly want to be well and strong then make that connection within yourself with conviction .

Then watch as things unfold ..

x daz x
I'm there, been there for a long time, accepting that theres nothing to lose. Thats one big benefit that comes out of all this, its a big ego smasher. Severs attachment to the material world so theres nothing to cling to. Well I suppose I'm clinging to the idea of being free of suffering. And the idea of being able to be physically relaxed, which is the opposite state of this akathisia thing. Its alright at the moment though, in the past I would be punching myself in the arms and legs to get relief. Its just a sensation though, like physical pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shentao
Hi Frog Warrior!
I have been in your shoes years ago and I went through the same. It is not easy to give you a good answer. It takes time and a lot of work from your part to overcame the bad feelings.
What help me in the begging when all the craziness comes down is to listen to classic music and really concentrating in my prayers. I know it sound silly but it did work for me. I guess that was my way of meditating and work the pain and the scary feelings.
I will suggest you do some qi gong it will bring your energy to balance and it will help reduce the anxiety. Are you taking vitamin B complex? Vitamin B also helps a lot I am no doctor but I really hope this helps you!
In the mean time I am sending you healing; love and lite!
Stay positive you are here to serve a purpose YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Cheers, I'll try that. I can't really serve any purpose at the moment, but I suppose in time when my brain returns to normal I will. I think this has to do with my purpose though, I wouldn't be so brave if I wasn't cornered like this. I'm taking B Complex and various other supplements, they probably are helping. Thats another plus to all this, the previous withdrawals had me researching all kinds of supplements and remedies that I have a lot of knowledge on it all now. Its hard to say what helps and what doesn't. Ashwaghanda helps a lot of people, but seems to make my symptoms worse, whereas Siberian Ginseng seems to be helping. This class of substance is known as adaptogens, they promote homeostasis. Another one is rhodiola rosea which definitely helps, but I find it only helps if I use it once every few days, any more than that and it stops working. When combined with phosphatidyl serine the effects are definitely noticeable, that combination I discovered via trial and error, its a pretty good one, only downside is phosphatidyl serine is expensive.
Old 21-06-2014, 08:29 PM
shentao

Do not focus in your pain and medications.

Try to bring your attention to something beautiful and feel your brain with the knowing that the love energy is in you and you are well.

If you need to talk about this so it will be out of your system fine do it and then stop; do not give power to the illness.
You are a beautiful being full of kindness and love just think on that remember that you are a spark of creator!