Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Master

Hi Lovely, have you tried to AP some where else apart from in bed? If so, how did it go? For me I have noticed a big difference. I am more determined to AP when I am not in bed. The first night I tried, I fell asleep. I think I was not concentrating or I noticed I was falling asleep and I did not wake myself up. The next night, I felt myself moving. I was in the process of being transported somewhere but the process ended. I think a thought came into my mind or I was not relaxed enough to be transported somewhere. Next time it happens I am going to move myself spiritually away from my body. I am going to try it again tonight.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Master

AP did not happen last night. My body and mind was relaxed but I did not AP. I was trying for a long time and it still did not happen. I went back to bed and I laid down on my side. It is more relaxing on my side but there is a big chance I will fall asleep. When I realised I kept falling asleep I would wake myself up but eventually I fell asleep. What would you do, persevere lying on your back or lie on your side in the hope you may not fall asleep? Perhaps I could train myself not to fall asleep when I am lying on my side. Just like I did when I am lying on my back.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Master

Regards to my above question, I will work it out. Late this morning I had an AP experience. That was something. It was like being outside physically. I could see shops, roads etc. At one point I got run over by a train but it did not worry me because I knew I could not get hurt.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:23 PM
MYFIGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Regards to my above question, I will work it out. Late this morning I had an AP experience. That was something. It was like being outside physically. I could see shops, roads etc. At one point I got run over by a train but it did not worry me because I knew I could not get hurt.

What an experience! I think I had one the other night where I was walking through a house and had to go through a bedroom to get back outside. I had to undo a couple of locks on the door to get out. What I should have remembered is that I could just think where I wanted to be and go there. I think it may be a bit before I am comfortable about being run over by a train! LOL
Old 07-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Sangress

Just a thought that may help.

I learned to step out of my body and astral project at will by staying still and willing my arm to reach out and touch something (often something like a crystal or an object I have placed in front of me,) but before my physical arm could move I'd still it.

After a few minutes I could move my non-physical arm and hand independantly to my physical, and my sense of touch was just as, if not more accute than it was within my body.

(As a side note I'll mention that this practice also works for learning telekinisis and increasing spiritual sensetivity.)

While learning I prepared before hand, (Calming my mind, meditation, no distractions....etc)But now I can step out of my body any time I like, while conscious and unconscious. It is as easy as blinking or breathing.

Separating my senses while conscious can become disorientating so I often only stretch my senses part-way out of my body so I can remain equally aware on both a spiritual and physical level.

I find the best time to AP is between waking and sleeping, that place just on the edge of sleep where you are unable to slip into a dream by mistake.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Master
suzy... Even William Buhlman doesn't go out every time. He recommends doing your ap practice for no longer than 30 minutes per day, in one session. Otherwise you may set up a pattern of frustration.

Xan

Old 07-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Interesting sounds neat.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Master

Thanks Xan for your advice. I know you are correct but when you really want something I want to make it happen. I am not really frustrated because I do have breaks from it. Sometimes I change my mind in wanting to AP as it is easier to sleep. When I have to go out to work I do not try a lot because I do not want to risk being tired the next day.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Master

Hi all
I AP again this morning. I was not in a very nice place. There were high fences with barbed wire. Someone said, we were in Bombay gaol. I have to get more confident in going to other places. I either get side tracked, not wanting to go anywhere else or I am not able to go anywhere else. I will have to work on that.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Master
suzy... It sounds like you're going just anywhere, sort of randomly. Have you tried choosing a target to go to? ... somewhere that sounds interesting to you, or a higher dimension perhaps?

Xan