Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 15-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Ascender
Look. I get the notion of taking responsibility for one's thoughts is a definitely a good idea but lets be honest.

It's absurd to think you're 100% responsible. In my opinion it's just as extreme viewpoint as someone who always plays the victim. It's just the other end of the spectrum.

Sometimes good intentions work out but sometimes they blow up in our face.

You can't make smart decisions if you're thinking in extremes.
Old 15-12-2019, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
'

Yes, but the real us is the higher self, no?
I don't know.If i had the chance to meet with him face to face,propably I'd throw him a c o c k shaped brick.
Old 15-12-2019, 05:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I don't know.If i had the chance to meet with him face to face,propably I'd throw him a c o c k shaped brick.

I don't think you'd be the only one
Old 15-12-2019, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I don't believe in life's 'random events' and i have my reasons for that.I could say that everything is predeterminate.Even the number of our breaths.
Also don't forget the astrological factor.If planetary forces are in play for you,no matter how hard you try,you have no chance but to go with the flow.
Ah, did you ever watch the free docu movie online 'The Star of Bethlehem' ---
talk about Kepler's calculations that NASA uses today and the stars influencing us -wowsa!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Look. I get the notion of taking responsibility for one's thoughts is a definitely a good idea but lets be honest.

It's absurd to think you're 100% responsible. In my opinion it's just as extreme viewpoint as someone who always plays the victim.

It's just the other end of the spectrum.
Sometimes good intentions work out but sometimes they blow up in our face.
You can't make smart decisions if you're thinking in extremes.
Thoughts are like birds over head - you can't control them,
but you certainly can control them from making a nest in your hair.

Thought you'd like that.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Maybe I have had some experiences I question of

it myself but I don't think things are ever straight forward.
Right, I agree. Well, they can be as clear as the nose on your face, of course.

Take my sister -sweet as could be - she struggles with why our grandad incested her - can not forgive him, no way no how.
I wish she would look deeper to any past connection they had.
But, she will not.

Since it is not straight fwd - she will not accept any excuse or reason for it.
And it has negatively effected her entire life and those around her.

She has an arrested emotional development , esp in how she sees the world and she is 70 now.

Diving deep does a lot of good. Takes desire and work, tho.

Old 15-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thoughts are like birds over head - you can't control them,
but you certainly can control them from making a nest in your hair.

Thought you'd like that.

Unless of course you happen to be Radagast the Brown.
Old 15-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Am bound to say it seems more like spiritual fraud than fault.
If it isn't about attraction why is "attraction" its operative term? What it seems to be saying in your terms is that the "you" behind the creation of your thoughts will attract the she/he behind the creation of their thoughts on the basis is you/they are following the same creative pattern. But I doubt many people who hand over their "hard-earned" for one of these books thinks that way at the outset.

It certainly isn't a law (except unto itself).
I don't really follow ... I proposed that our thoughts materialize in thought forms manifesting in our reality. In each one's reality only their own thoughts directly manifest.

The consequence of this is that we can't blame others for what happens to us, and when we don't like something in our reality, we are the ones, and the only ones that can change that, by changing our thoughts.

It is the difference between considering yourself victim or creator, between being reactive or assertive, passive or active.

The LOA doesn't work because reality isn't about attraction into it, but about actively creating it.

When we become successful at creating the reality we want then we don't come back here, in physical, anymore. Our training wheels are taken off, and we continue our journey to further evolvement.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 16-12-2019, 11:29 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I don't really follow ... I proposed that our thoughts materialize in thought forms manifesting in our reality. In each one's reality only their own thoughts directly manifest.
I was just elaborating on the point that if it were to work then the attractor would attract someone of the same ilk, warts and all, no matter what. Whatever the attractor's thoughts are based on, the attracted will have parallel thoughts on the same base. That's simply the logic of "like attracts like" and since that's impossible, it doesn't work - particularly if applied to attracting a mate. Imagine how boring it would be if two people were identical, maybe disastrous if they suffered a mental ailment.

That's why opposites attracting sometimes lead to a good relationship, the act of converging, bringing together. Not every case obviously. A couple with strong opposing political views are never likely to feel devoted at all levels!
Old 18-12-2019, 06:26 AM
Knower

From another thread... Posted here so as not to derail the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I am curious why you consider that the idea that we create absolutely everything in our lives is ridiculous and nihilistic. Why does it mean that nothing has any deeper meaning? Or is this just a rule you have created, and therefore (by your own declaration) this will become true?

Because you also say that the future can be entirely within our control. If we can entirely create our future then why could we not have entirely created our past?

Whatever we do, we are creative beings. Perhaps the difference is that we change from being unconscious creators to conscious creators.

After all, what examples are there from your life to date which you would say were not your creation?

Peace

First and foremost - because there’s absolutely no evidence whatsoever that proves or implies that we create everything in our lives. You can prove that we’re capable of creating things by following the procedure and seeing the results. It’s a baseless leap of logic to assume that nothing else comes into creation except through this method. In fact if you express it as formal logic this becomes evident. We know that:

I can create; and

All things in this world are created; but it does not logically follow that

Therefore I create all things.

It’s nihilistic because it means there’s no higher power guiding us or presiding over our lives whatsoever - effectively we’re completely alone because everything is controlled by our puny Earth-bound consciousness. What a disaster that would be if it were true! It also implies that there is no greater mission or lesson in our lives. I believe “we get what we need to learn the lessons we need to learn” - not “we get whatever random garbage we punch into the computer, whether we need it or not”.

If you examine your circle of friends/acquaintances/family, you can also prove this to be incorrect. Sure, it may be possible to manifest people with certain desirable qualities into this circle - and if you change your vibration then you’ll no longer resonate with certain people and they’ll fall out of your circle. But how on Earth do we explain the differing qualities of all the people who were in that circle to begin with, if we only attract what we are, or what we believe? Shouldn’t all the people in our circle be pretty much alike then? Just clones of ourselves? And if you’re an introvert, you could never attract extroverts? If you’re wicked, you’ll never be capable of attracting someone virtuous to inspire you out of it??

And if we look at the course of our own lives and the lives of those around us, it isn’t difficult to spot anomalies. For example, my mother is the world’s biggest worrier. If you leave her alone and unoccupied for 5 minutes, her head will fill with worries every single time - and no, I’m not even exaggerating. Yet for all this pathological fear and worry, she’s led a reasonably uneventful life. She should be creating a life full of things to worry about, but genuinely bad things hardly ever happen, and certainly in no proportion to her worries.

I also have a friend (former workmate) who is outwardly confident, positive and amicable but who secretly used to confide her delusions of persecution to me. Everyone was always out to get her, deny her things, hold her back etc etc. - So she believed. And yet this could not have been further from the truth. While I worked with her she got almost every promotion she ever went for - deserving or not - and people were always falling over themselves to help her out or give her things. A friend of hers even loaned her his BMW for the weekend on a complete whim - who ever gets to borrow someone’s BMW, ever? So despite her expectations of persecution, in reality she experienced the complete opposite.

I have plenty more examples, but I’ll leave it at that as anyone can examine their own life and the lives of their friends and find countless such anomalies.

What about people who die horribly in concentration camps? Is it really plausible that such a fate is the result of some brain-whoopsie? Are we really expected to believe that everyone in a concentration camp was a pathological pessimist whose negative thinking was so out of control they literally imprisoned and killed themselves by it?

One could also turn it around and ask what kind of a God/higher self would willingly subject its creations to such horrors, and perhaps the difficulty of this question is what causes people to believe that we are ultimately responsible for everything. But personally, I have no difficulty with it. It’s inevitable that there will be suffering on this human journey. We agreed to it when we came here and in the scheme of things, we all have to suffer in order to learn, and we all eventually die. The manner in which these things happen is of no ultimate importance.

Whatever we do, we are creative beings. Perhaps the difference is that we change from being unconscious creators to conscious creators.

Or, more likely in my view, in the beginning we create only through our physical actions. As we develop spiritually, we begin to create spiritually as well.