Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Mathew

Staying on One’s Chosen Path

Staying on One’s Chosen Path: There seems to be a lot of people wanting to become more spiritually aware these days, there are however a lot of pitfalls along the way, this is but one of them one should know before venturing too far into spiritual awareness.

We have all chosen our path to follow before birth, one can deviate from this path if one wants too but it's not really advisable because you are not just here to serve your own life out but others with whom you will influence along the way in many ways, your chosen journey is never truly your own but, holistically, everyone else you have chosen to be an influence too.

Now comes the hard part, to follow one’s path one must not desire to be something else other than what we chose to be & this includes forcing oneself to experience spiritual experiences that you desire in others, you must let it run its own course, let it come to you. In saying this however spiritual experiences can be obtained through feeling a strong needs or a passion for such experiences but you must be sure it’s not just a desire to be better than you’re supposed to be.

Before I go on I believe there is a positive & negative egotistical self, one is for all & the other is for oneself. When one gives freely to another that is positive egotism but if one takes or wants for oneself that is negative egotism, we wouldn’t exist without egotism I believe.

Now the difference is quite obvious from desiring to having a passion to be more, desires, in spirituality, is always counterproductive as it leans towards self, the negative ego part of ourselves. The passion, without lustful desires, is quite the opposite & represents productiveness towards all, the positive ego part of ourselves.

If we change our path that is desire but if we proceed along our chosen path that’s passion for our chosen life’s journey & the people we have chosen to influence along this way we can either influence negatively or positively for this doesn’t matter as long as we are following our path. Try to remember we are each other’s teachers whichever way we go.

The main point here is to not desire to be or experience what others might have, this can only lead to disharmony to you & those other people you were supposed to teach along your chosen path in the first place, if you keep to your path, no matter what that is, it will always turn out in the end to your chosen life’s plan.

For me personally, I had a chance to go the spiritual way or stay ignorant, to a point, of my inner knowing, I chose ignorance for if I hadn’t all these people I’ve met over all these years wouldn’t have had my helping assistance in one way or another & I wouldn’t have had theirs so I am so glad I chose ignorance.

One other thing, you do also have junctions in your life as I did to choose which path to follow, it’s up to you to choose which way to go & try not to allow one’s own desires choose them for you, allow your inner feelings, your passion to help with your choice nothing else otherwise it won’t be what you are supposed to be doing, it will be nothingness.

Love all
Mathew
Old 31-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Master
You cannot do anything to Awaken, your already there, you only need to get out of the way, get of the path, and just be who your truly are, but saying that, paths can be useful for those who need some type of stepping stone, but them who is going to step on that stone, the ego, the mind body ?.
Old 31-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Knower

Hey, Mathew,

I'm curious - You say (and I've heard it in other places as well) that we choose our life path before being born. This could be true, and I'm open to that possibility, but I'm not sure. Many people (myself included) seem to get somewhat confused (at least in the beginning) about what direction (spiritual and otherwise) to take in life. My question is: How do you know what path you chose to take before being born in a physical body? Is it a strong, intuitive feeling, something that you just stumble upon when the time is right, or both?

Peace.
Old 31-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
You cannot do anything to Awaken, your already there, you only need to get out of the way, get of the path, and just be who your truly are, but saying that, paths can be useful for those who need some type of stepping stone, but them who is going to step on that stone, the ego, the mind body ?.

Yes you are right Phycoslice, we are indeed enlightened however our human psych, personality & the rest of our humanistic attributes isn't & it's this that needs to follow a certain life path to experience what we came her to do other wise we wouldn't be here, we would be in a reality that allows us to know of our enlightenment. why be here in the first place when we are already enlightened?

We humans are ignorant of our inner being to live a life of experiences without inner knowing, if we are supposed to be already awoken why aren't we aware of this if that's what we are supposed to achieve, wouldn't our awoken selves who are all knowing have done this instead of going through thousands of years of drama? There is more to it than that so I believe anyway but of course I could be very wrong!!
Old 31-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Yes you are right Phycoslice, we are indeed enlightened however our human psych, personality & the rest of our humanistic attributes isn't & it's this that needs to follow a certain life path to experience what we came her to do other wise we wouldn't be here, we would be in a reality that allows us to know of our enlightenment. why be here in the first place when we are already enlightened?

We humans are ignorant of our inner being to live a life of experiences without inner knowing, if we are supposed to be already awoken why aren't we aware of this if that's what we are supposed to achieve, wouldn't our awoken selves who are all knowing have done this instead of going through thousands of years of drama? There is more to it than that so I believe anyway but of course I could be very wrong!!
Hi Mathew, the way i see it, is that the mind body organism isn't who we truly are, the mind body cannot awaken, its just an organ, with its conditioning and programming, but in that programming we suffer, this is because of the senses that we have, no senses, no suffering.

So true Awakening is beyond the mind body, its the background of all that is, through intuition or whatever this background can be experienced, but the experience isn't what Is, the experience is secondary to what Is.

This feeling of wholeness can be felt at times throughout or life, like when looking up at the stars, and all of a sudden feeling like you belong there, some get this feeling of feeling like their away from home, this is Consciousness stirring within.
Old 31-08-2012, 03:30 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker89
Hey, Mathew,

I'm curious - You say (and I've heard it in other places as well) that we choose our life path before being born. This could be true, and I'm open to that possibility, but I'm not sure. Many people (myself included) seem to get somewhat confused (at least in the beginning) about what direction (spiritual and otherwise) to take in life. My question is: How do you know what path you chose to take before being born in a physical body? Is it a strong, intuitive feeling, something that you just stumble upon when the time is right, or both?

Peace.

G'day Seeker 89

Don't get me wrong I don't know all or even some of the answers, I'm just going by my personal experiences & insights which this is one of them 'I'm told to wright something down so I do it. The problem with insights it's hard for me to decipher at times so I could be explaining it wrongly.

I should have answered this perplexing question in my post but I forgot.

The answer isn't easy as some people just know like through intuitiveness feelings & knowing but in all you don't know for if you did you would change it, well most people would anyway. Being as spiritually aware as you can helps with acceptance & at times can tell you if you’re on the right path or not. Psychics, seers & alike are a good tool for finding out such things, if you ask yourself a number of times is you’re on the right path your dreams will tell you or your environment will tell you in various ways like repetitive occurrences.

If you look at everything as being symbolic to your question you will eventually notice the difference, it’s just becoming aware of your immediate outer environment that gives you the answers as you are very much a part of your environment, it’s all vibrational, one vibration reacts to another, we are vibrational & so is everything else around you, it’s got to interact in some way.

Hope this helps Seeker 89.

Love
Mathew
Old 06-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi Mathew, the way i see it, is that the mind body organism isn't who we truly are, the mind body cannot awaken, its just an organ, with its conditioning and programming, but in that programming we suffer, this is because of the senses that we have, no senses, no suffering.

So true Awakening is beyond the mind body, its the background of all that is, through intuition or whatever this background can be experienced, but the experience isn't what Is, the experience is secondary to what Is.

This feeling of wholeness can be felt at times throughout or life, like when looking up at the stars, and all of a sudden feeling like you belong there, some get this feeling of feeling like their away from home, this is Consciousness stirring within.

G'day Psychoslice

We are only a vessel for our true selves to experience physical being through, I do understand this concept but I love the ride of being ignorant even though obviously I'm not!!..I’ve enjoyed this illusion to its fullest by making the most of it as I know that’s what I came here to do.

It is funny how many times I have ignored my inner being so I can experience physical life in its raw from without interference from my inner being…..strange I know!!!!

Love
Mathew