Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Brother, anger that arises "quite often" is A SIGN of holding onto condemnation. What you just said is contrary to the anger within you that you admitted "arises often."

Obviously if anger "arises often" in you, then you are indeed not "passing" on it, but clinging onto it as if it were a prized possession.

That being said, it is very wise and congratulatory that you have an awareness that condemnation is not a solution. The part of you that recognizes this is the same part (some call the "Higher Self") that assists you in letting anger issues go. . .pass through you. . .thus transmuting that energy into a more heathly expression or form.

Anger that arises often means that, to a large degree, the anger is still being resisted. This is obvious, brother.

The practice:

See it, acknowledge it, embrace it, feel it, let it pass through you, and let it be transformed into a more empowering emotion that arises often. This is real "in"-lightenment.

Ahh, awareness, yes! You've hit the nail on the head, here, it isn't anger that's the issue, it's the holding on to it. And you're right - of course you are! - to say that we've come a long way from the repressed 1950s, as evidenced by all the advancements you mentioned.

It may get messier yet, but what I think we're seeing is the people breaking their shackles. Thank you so much for your comments, awareness, they've helped me to see this issue in a different light
Old 11-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Ahh, awareness, yes! You've hit the nail on the head, here, it isn't anger that's the issue, it's the holding on to it. And you're right - of course you are! - to say that we've come a long way from the repressed 1950s, as evidenced by all the advancements you mentioned.

It may get messier yet, but what I think we're seeing is the people breaking their shackles. Thank you so much for your comments, awareness, they've helped me to see this issue in a different light

Thank you for initiating a very powerful and wonderful thread of discussion, my good friend. Your great love and clear insight is very awesome.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Brother, anger that arises "quite often" is A SIGN of holding onto condemnation. What you just said is contrary to the anger within you that you admitted "arises often."

Obviously if anger "arises often" in you, then you are indeed not "passing" on it, but clinging onto it as if it were a prized possession.

That being said, it is very wise and congratulatory that you have an awareness that condemnation is not a solution. The part of you that recognizes this is the same part (some call the "Higher Self") that assists you in letting anger issues go. . .pass through you. . .thus transmuting that energy into a more heathly expression or form.

Anger that arises often means that, to a large degree, the anger is still being resisted. This is obvious, brother.

The practice:

See it, acknowledge it, embrace it, feel it, let it pass through you, and let it be transformed into a more empowering emotion that arises often. This is real "in"-lightenment.

I've come to realize that anger is a sign pointing inwards to me, what I'm angry about in others is things I seek to understand more about myself. Often when I am angry towards someone else they are older than me and have made choices that I fear making myself. I look at them with anger and say "why did you make such a silly choice???" and I consciously steer my life in a different direction. In the way a ship is guided away from the reef once it's seen is the way anger "guides" me.

I don't think I'm holding unto anything, nor am I denying the frequency with which I notice anger in the world and myself. To me anger is not a negative thing or something to be avoided in any way, in fact I think anger is as valid a tool in guiding a persons life as love or peace. It takes more skill and experience in life to be able to take the lessons away from anger but it's my understanding that at our highest potential we stop looking for the best medium to experience lessons and work with what we have.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I've come to realize that anger is a sign pointing inwards to me, what I'm angry about in others is things I seek to understand more about myself. Often when I am angry towards someone else they are older than me and have made choices that I fear making myself. I look at them with anger and say "why did you make such a silly choice???" and I consciously steer my life in a different direction. In the way a ship is guided away from the reef once it's seen is the way anger "guides" me.

I don't think I'm holding unto anything, nor am I denying the frequency with which I notice anger in the world and myself. To me anger is not a negative thing or something to be avoided in any way, in fact I think anger is as valid a tool in guiding a persons life as love or peace. It takes more skill and experience in life to be able to take the lessons away from anger but it's my understanding that at our highest potential we stop looking for the best medium to experience lessons and work with what we have.

You make much sense to me, brother. There is, though, a higher way of reacting to these older adults other than with anger, for there is not much sense in repeatedly feeling angry in regards to how "others" are choosing to live their lives.

Your anger in regards to "them" is not about "them" at all, but solely about you, as you are really saying, but anger itself is not the actual tool for guiding one towards greater understanding, towards the Light.

Anger is a REACTION. The tool is in HOW we choose to react to our own anger, if this makes to you. For it is certain that if we approach our own anger in an observer mode of love and self-compassion, this type of practice or momentum will cause us to experience less reactionary outbursts of anger when we observe what others do, for as we treat ourselves with more compassion, so too do we automatically translate this feeling to others.

If anger arises often in response to something that we observe in "others," this means we are indeed holding onto the expression of anger. Shivatar, anger that arises often is something that literally damages the system, it harms the body through a chemical process that far extends beyond what current human science has revealed, for anger has a chemical aura to it that poisons the environment when it becomes chronic.

The initial feeling of anger that one has in response to a perceived "injustice" is natural, but not as a recurring theme in response to that same perceived injustice. In other words, if the same type of anger response keeps occurring in connection with a specific issue that one feels bothered by, then YES, this is indeed a case of holding onto anger, for there is no sense in repeatedly feeling bothered by any person's actions, neither another's nor our own. This is not actually using anger as a tool for growth, at least not in a very pure way, for the fact still remains that the person is still reacting with a low vibration, for anger is a form of fear.

There is no spiritual logic in repeatedly angrily/fearfully reacting to something that "older adults" do (nor to anything else that anyone apparently does or doesn't do). That is a projection of an anger issue onto others. Because what these older adults do is THEIR journey, and you have a golden opportunity to react to these brothers and sisters with deep compassion instead. (And you certainly are a very compassionate being, no doubt. However, that "often arising" anger is indeed problematic for you. It creates a chemical/emotional response in the body that disturbs the atomic structure of your body, physically and astrally. It keeps you from embodying more JOY.)

Compassion is a much higher vibration than anger. This is evidenced by the fact that people feel better and more empowered when they feel the ease of compassion, whereas chronic anger gives an illusion of empowerment. It is actually a lesser feeling of empowerment than one who has a more recurring response of ease. Anger obviously has tension in it, and this tension--if held onto as a pattern of anger--causes one to hold onto an attitude of condemnation and blame that conflicts with the higher aspects of the psyche.

Only LOVE dissolves fear; fire (in this case, anger) cannot be used to dissolve fire. The gentle water of self-forgiveness is what transforms fear.

In any case, I wish you the best in your journey, my bright friend.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for initiating a very powerful and wonderful thread of discussion, my good friend. Your great love and clear insight is very awesome.
Thank you so much for your kind words, my friend I was just having a read of your thread 'Awareness speaks', and noticed that you addressed a question about anger - I'd like to share your comments here, if that's ok?
Old 11-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Master
Quote:
At this moment in time, humanity stands poised with a pistol at its temple. We always knew, deep down, that the existing order was unjust and barbaric, but the majority of us could block out that reality just so long as we were relatively comfortable and secure. But a system that is built on foundations of greed and fear was always going to break down eventually, regardless of our willful ignorance, and people are waking up to the anger that's always been there, simmering away under the surface. On some level, most of us always knew that we were trapped by the system to which we clung out of fear, most of us always knew that our heart's desire was being frustrated. But, such is our nature, we needed a crisis point to thrust this reality in our face.

And what is our response to being confronted by this reality? For many of us, our response is anger. We feel like victims, we don't understand why this seems to be happening to us - and we absolutely fail to recognise that we are complicit in bringing about this state of events.

We just feel so justified in our anger, don't we? 'He did this to me!' 'She did that to me!' 'Nothing ever turns out the way I want it to!' 'The world is so unjust!' We cling to our anger like a prized possession, we absolutely refuse to give it up.

But what good does holding on to this anger do us, or anyone else? Maybe we think we're punishing another by being mad at them and refusing to forgive them, maybe we think they deserve to suffer - but don't we only succeed in punishing ourselves? Does anger feel good inside of us? If we had the choice, wouldn't we rather not feel this anger? In what way does holding on to anger improve our lives?

Is anger not simply an incredibly negative and destructive force?

It's time to let go of our anger - no questions asked

This might sound like an inane song lyric, or an empty platitude...

... but it's not...

... it's practical advice...

...so do it...

...breathe...

...don't force it, don't strain... allow your body to breathe, allow it to relax...

...keep your attention in your body, commit to letting go of negativity, and breathe... keep breathing...

...relax... relax... relax...

...you may feel various sensations... maybe a thrill, maybe fear, maybe sorrow... it's all right, that's all part of it...

...whatever you feel, just feel it... and just... keep... breathing...

...relax... relax... relax...

...and know that you are loved...

... and know that you are love....

I don't feel angry, most often use my anger as awareness and let the fire ignite me into relating more assertively.

I feel quite content, little bit sleepy right now.

How are in all this yourself? Do you get angry? Did you notice yourself to notice all this?

I cant speak for others, but anger can be both useful and destructive as I have learned. So it pays to both listen to what yours is showing you and how you are using it aware it has many uses, many ways to move people, get things done. Set fire to the rain...as adele once told us.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 11-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thank you so much for your kind words, my friend I was just having a read of your thread 'Awareness speaks', and noticed that you addressed a question about anger - I'd like to share your comments here, if that's ok?

You are very welcome, A human Being. Yes, you may share whatever you wish from that thread, as you feel inspired to do so. Thank you.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Master
Quote:
You make much sense to me, brother. There is, though, a higher way of reacting to these older adults other than with anger, for there is not much sense in repeatedly feeling angry in regards to how "others" are choosing to live their lives.

Your anger in regards to "them" is not about "them" at all, but solely about you, as you are really saying, but anger itself is not the actual tool for guiding one towards greater understanding, towards the Light.

Anger is a REACTION. The tool is in HOW we choose to react to our own anger, if this makes to you. For it is certain that if we approach our own anger in an observer mode of love and self-compassion, this type of practice or momentum will cause us to experience less reactionary outbursts of anger when we observe what others do, for as we treat ourselves with more compassion, so too do we automatically translate this feeling to others.

If anger arises often in response to something that we observe in "others," this means we are indeed holding onto the expression of anger. Shivatar, anger that arises often is something that literally damages the system, it harms the body through a chemical process that far extends beyond what current human science has revealed, for anger has a chemical aura to it that poisons the environment when it becomes chronic.

The initial feeling of anger that one has in response to a perceived "injustice" is natural, but not as a recurring theme in response to that same perceived injustice. In other words, if the same type of anger response keeps occurring in connection with a specific issue that one feels bothered by, then YES, this is indeed a case of holding onto anger, for there is no sense in repeatedly feeling bothered by any person's actions, neither another's nor our own. This is not actually using anger as a tool for growth, at least not in a very pure way, for the fact still remains that the person is still reacting with a low vibration, for anger is a form of fear.

There is no spiritual logic in repeatedly angrily/fearfully reacting to something that "older adults" do (nor to anything else that anyone apparently does or doesn't do). That is a projection of an anger issue onto others. Because what these older adults do is THEIR journey, and you have a golden opportunity to react to these brothers and sisters with deep compassion instead. (And you certainly are a very compassionate being, no doubt. However, that "often arising" anger is indeed problematic for you. It creates a chemical/emotional response in the body that is disturbs the atomic structure of your body, physically and astrally.)

Only LOVE dissolves fear; fire (in this case, anger) cannot be used to dissolve fire. The gentle water of self-forgiveness is what transforms fear. In any case, I wish you the best in your journey, my bright friend.

Yes it is quite problematic.

I can now see how anger has guided me to a lesson, but my procrastination in learning the lesson has caused me to feel too much anger.

even if I see myself in others, I also see myself following an unknown journey through life including mistakes and set-backs, so I should see an ability to persevere through mistakes and set-back in others, a part of myself and them worth love, compassion, and forgiveness. In time this reaction will become my natural reaction and become unconditional instead of conditioned.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
You are very welcome, A human Being. Yes, you may share whatever you wish from that thread, as you feel inspired to do so. Thank you.
Thank you - didn't think you'd mind, but thought it polite to ask

Here's the quote:
Quote:
In regards to anger, its most important purpose and value is simply that of being a clear vibrational reflection of strong desire, of powerful desire that is calling for attention. Anger is essentially but a call for LOVE, as are all feelings. What matters is how one reacts to one's own feelings of anger, whether the reaction is a positively-oriented one or a negatively-oriented one, since there is always a reaction, and the reaction is always towards one of the two polarities.

The initial inner impulse of anger is in a sense the most "justified" one, for it is the most pure. It is only when the ego's reaction to its anger is repressive--it is only when an entity recoils from his/her own anger in fear and guilt, or the entity magnifies the anger--that the expression of anger becomes unhealthy. This would be expressing in the negative polarity, the polarity of self-denial, denying one's own connection to Source.

Anger serves as a reflection of an entity's powerful summoning of energy. Indeed, this is directly related to our earlier discussion with you in this thread in regards to that which your species knows as World War 2, where we spoke of the powerful clarion call for love and healing that occurred.

Anger plays a part in the human emotional spectrum in a way that is quite a bit different than most other species, in that humans (in your planet's collective soul agreement, that is) have a high capacity or potential to channel the energies of anger in highly constructive ways, which is not common to most species that you are familiar with.

On material levels this is connected to certain genetic engineering experiments that were done to your human species that assisted in creating certain neurological pathways that made it possible for you to express emotion in the very broad way that your species is capable of. Your race's emotional DNA is more advanced than even many humanoid species who are seemingly more technologically advanced than you, yet this is a cosmic joke of sorts, for in a sense emotional capability is a more advanced technology than that which you know as physical technology.

Emotional capability is the realm of feeling, and this is where entities such as Sathya Sai Baba have attuned to frequencies of bliss in order to demonstrate that which many of you have called "miracles," in particular the miracle of simply appreciating the Divine Self, which is at the core of all expressions of love.

The more you practice acknowledging and appreciating your own impulses of anger, which includes the anger of others as well--the more you appreciate anger in general--the easier it is to attune to energies of compassion and bliss, simply because anger becomes more transparent to you. You see through it and beyond it. This includes even feelings of slight annoyance, for feeling annoyed is also a degree of anger.

Thus, with enough practice, anger no longer seems to cling to you as much as it once did. Remember, our friends, it is all about how you react to your anger, it is all about how you react to your initial emotional impulses, whether you embrace them as part of your awareness in the moment, or whether you reject them and point a finger of blame, whether to yourself or to another.

Blame and responsibility are not the same in the context of what we are sharing here. Pointing blame is always counter-productive. It points "away" from its true source, which is the mind, and makes an idol--a person or thing--in which to project itself onto. Whereas responsibility is that which responds with compassion. Blame is harsh, responsibility is gentle. Know the difference, dear ones, and you will know how to prevent much potential trouble from occurring.

A deep understanding of the true role and purpose of anger would not be complete without understanding the vast difference between blame and true responsibility, which is why we are including information on this as well. If you are ever to point a finger, please let it be with healing hands and open arms of pointing down a pathway of love.

We suggest that whenever you notice that an impulse of anger has arisen within you that you deeply acknowledge it, that you FULLY FEEL IT, embrace it as part of your present moment self-awareness, and LET IT GO, let it pass or channel through you, clinging to no part of it. This is how you vibrationally ascend along the emotional spectrum, through remembering your core desire, which is always to experience well-being.
Just wonderfully wise
Old 11-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I don't feel angry, most often use my anger as awareness and let the fire ignite me into relating more assertively.

I feel quite content, little bit sleepy right now.

How are in all this yourself? Do you get angry? Did you notice yourself to notice all this?

I cant speak for others, but anger can be both useful and destructive as I have learned. So it pays to both listen to what yours is showing you and how you are using it aware it has many uses, many ways to move people, get things done. Set fire to the rain...as adele once told us.
Well, I did say most of us, NF Though I think anger can be simmering away underneath the surface without us even realising it, a lot of the time.

Oh yeah, I've noticed plenty of anger in myself recently! As for how I feel right now - you know, I preach self-awareness all the time, but I swear the more I practice it, the harder it gets to know how I'm feeling I'm... neutral, I guess?

I think the issue isn't anger itself, but how we relate and react to it. For me right now, I'm just focusing on letting it fall away when I recognise its arising, and finding what's underneath it; what I've noticed is that it's simply sorrow that's underneath, and it's the sorrow of thinking that I'm without love. But when I allow this sorrow to arise and flower, I see that love was there all along

(And what should be auto-playing on Youtube as I type this? You've Got The Love by Florence Welch, of course!)

'Set fire to the rain' - I like it, I'll have to sit with that one for a while I think!