Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Spirituality taken in its own splendid isolation is no basis for understanding, because Spirituality does not stand alone and apart from all else. It's been said that every religion was right for that people at that time, and the Spirituality of today reflects today's culture. I dare say there will always be those adherents who perpetuate more traditional beliefs and practices or try to maintain the 'purity' but for the majority Spirituality will be governed by mainstream society. Today is the culture of the Millennials and Generation Snowflake and Spirituality reflects that in its expressed beliefs, all you have to do is take a look at some of the threads. Spirituality is a system in entropy, and in entropy there are many ways to break the glass but only one way to put it back together again. The Spirituality glass is breaking. Haile Selassie said
"We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans, which was suppose to help people grow spiritually. Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High of Creation. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe, and each other…”
From that perspective perhaps the word 'aspirant' belongs in religion not Spirituality, but then Spirituality has a penchant for redefinition anyway.
Today's Spirituality is quickly becoming the Lord of the Flies of belief systems as time-honoured concepts and esoteric become largely diluted except by those few who at least attempt to retain some kind of 'purity'. As for the rest, well everybody has a conch and they're going to blow it anyway.

Spirituality is by its very nature divisive and creates an 'us and them' mode of thinking. It separates Spiritual people from non-Spiritual people, separates people from their True Selves/God/On High, separates people from themselves and they try to run away from their humanity. The irony is that - depending on your beliefs - is the Will of Spirit, as is serving/adhering to the externalised form and ignorance.

If I may say so, this is brilliant. It summarises the issue in so few words and rather puts me in my place!

The reality of your closing para is beyond dispute.

A most pertinent quote, Heile Selassie. Current developments that fall under what's popularly called New Age do tend toward creating new religions, their proselytes appearing here via their books often.

Old 18-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
If I may say so, this is brilliant. It summarises the issue in so few words and rather puts me in my place!

A most pertinent quote, Heile Selassie. Current developments that fall under what's popularly called New Age do tend toward creating new religions, their proselytes appearing here via their books often.

Thank you, that's a lovely thing to say and I really do appreciate it.

People practice their Spirituality religiously, I'm not saying whether that's good or bad but if anything the dialogue they're having with themselves is confusing and that becomes the paradigm their Spirituality is based on. Still every Path that anyone is on - whatever shape or form that may be - is right for them.

I'm going to express my gratitude for being with the right people for me at the right time, because they made such a huge difference in my Path with so few words. All it needed as a seed. One of the seeds was "Be Love, Beloved" and another was "Honour your Path." I guess we're all looking for a new age of peace and harmony in this Universe bit we've forgotten our own real-Life, practical Divinity and empowerment. The Universe is a reflection of us so if there is so much turmoil 'out there'? We are always creating a critical mass which in turn creates a torsion field, but what is the nature of that field?

If we could Honour our own Paths and the Paths of others? If we could be Love - really be Love?
Old 19-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

I found this by Davidsun floating around, it hits the spot nicely -
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=210
Old 22-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Genetic traits can creep into your DNA from generations back but you're not a slave to your DNA neither. It also depends on what you're talking about here, because at the end of the day we're not clones. There's no such thing as a Spiritual gene, but the ability to process the concepts is down to the brain and genetics, So while your parents may not have been Spiritual by choice for example, it doesn't exclude you from being Spiritual. If your genetics dictate that your brain can't process Spirituality you're never going to be Spiritual.

Hello Greenslade and all.

I have temporarily broken my forced internet hiatus to relate an important story which just occurred.

Although my parents and all of my family are staunch atheists and not spiritual whatsoever and I seem to have broken the mold in regards, I was searching for a genetic determinant for belief and I believe I have found it...or it was revealed to me and this was also a real and total test of my faith.

A few weeks ago, my mother showed me an 'opal ring' on Wish.com that was set in 'sterling silver' and it was $2 plus another $2 for postage and handling.

I recall having an argument with her about how things simply cannot be authentic at such a cheap price and how there was something definitely amiss in the whole scenario, including the words "If something seems too good to be true, it usually means that it is" and I insisted that she not fall for this online scam.

With that, she assured me that the opal ring was legit and that I was just being paranoid...I put it down to her conditioning, when back in the 1940's and 1950's one could 'possibly' buy an opal ring on the black market for a few dollars. Also, her family were very poor and usually poor people of the time would convince their children that a cheaper copy of an item was just as good, if not better than the branded or original item...to make them feel less bad and inferior about being 'poor'.....as evidenced by her total disgust when I go and buy a brand new pair of Reeboks or Nikes for $200...and still wear them, while she has worn out a dozen pairs of $20 rip-offs in the interim...STILL insisting that the cheaper copies are far more superior...yeah, it is a 'conditioning thing'.

So, back to the "opal ring"...and I tried everything to talk her out of buying it and so did my brother...but she totally insisted that she knew what she was doing and wouldn't be treated like a child and having everybody 'poo-poo' on her parade...so we all threw our hands up and just let her be. So, she paid the $4 and sent off for the ring.

A few weeks later, it arrived...she showed me...and as predicted, it was a piece of clear fiberglass with glitter inside it, set on a piece of steel covered rhodium.

I said to her "see, I was correct! that is not a real opal!" to which she replied; "yes it is, I don't know what you are going on about...this is an opal ring set in silver...a real bargain for $2!"

Then, my brother got in on it "c'mon mum, admit you've been duped...that's not a real opal ring".

Then, mum says "I know an opal when I see it, so be quiet, both of you! If I say it is an opal, then it is an opal!"

...and of course I said "even if it is NOT an opal?" and she said "there's no question of it NOT being an opal, because it is"....she honestly believed it! and to HER (if nobody else) then it WAS an opal!

So, I just could not let it go, of course; "hey mum, I know somebody who values jewelry, why not get an expert to look at it and tell you what it is?...I mean don't take OUR word for it...and if it turns out to BE an opal, I will be your slave for a month".

With that, she said "don't be silly...I don't need an expert to tell me what I already know...I have seen enough opal rings to know that this IS an opal ring".

With that, my brother just threw his hands up in the air with "I'm out...she's all yours" and I go "nope, even I must call it quits on this one...it's funny how mum will believe an opal ring is opal when it is obviously not...but she refuses to believe in God".

It was then I just done a massive facepalm and went "I am effing EMBARRASSED to have those genes in my DNA...freaking 'denial genes'.

That set me off big-time..."hey God...do you only exist because I WANT you to exist? are you only real because I BELIEVE that You are? Even though all scientific evidence points to the contrary of You being nothing more than endorphins in my brain triggered by genetic markers?"

God said "what is it you feel in your heart? don't worry about your brain!"

I said "all I know is if somebody directed me to the nearest skeptic or debunker of Your existence, then I would GLADLY go, because I know no better than they do.

God said "it is THAT which makes all the difference here...you are willing to stand up for your beliefs and not just expound them, because you are too afraid to admit that somebody else may be right".

I went on "It's more than just knowing with the mind and being in denial of the truth through nothing more than just 'wishful' or more accurately, 'wistful' thinking...I mean, it may have started like that and snowballed...but all the unconditional love and bliss that I feel has to have an origin outside my mind...my thoughts and even my emotions and my capacity TO love and feel/express this emotion".

Of course there is a biological basis for belief and I have been looking into Noetics of late and there are MANY things that science can explain with makes more logical sense than the "New Age" equivalent explanation...but I also notice that Science falls short of being able to conclusively disprove it altogether. I mean, I found out HOW the Pyramids were built, but WHY they were built, nobody has a rational explanation for.

Yeah, I shouldn't be watching science-based series about Ancient Megastructures or The Fifth Dimension which debunks all superstition surrounding the Paranormal. lol

Suffice to say, it shook my faith to the core, but there is still a reason why molecular micromachines like flagella tails can assemble and operate contrary to the laws of Darwinian Natural Selection...it proves that there is a 'Grand Designer' of the Universe, and this Grand Designer speaks in the language of pure Geometry and this is undeniable!

This is God, to me...that which makes order out of chaos, whilst it still remains in entropy and 'chaotic'....erstwhile, quantum entanglement continues to produce 'spooky action at a distance' and light will behave in two different ways, all depending upon whether it is being 'observed' or not.

So, my faith remains in tact and faith is something that goes beyond belief, as it also incorporates some degree of Grace and acceptance of how things are, without seeking to find out why they ARE that way...and sometimes, in knowing the 'how', we can immediately infer as to the 'why'...but whether it is true or not is either up to us, or up to another...ergo, a 'subjective, perceptual reality'. It is my 'understanding' (through the Heart) that God transcends all of this nonsense anyway.

So, I was able to look within myself and discover it and answer God...however, I still have those "denial genes" but I think that in my mother's heart, she knows and understands that the ring is fake...but her conscious mind and especially her ego clouds her rational mind and makes her truly believe the lies it is telling her and she is none the wiser...well, she IS, but her lack of awareness of reality prevents her from seeing it...as in the case with most people out there, who will still believe whatever they hold to be true, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary and have others say they are either 'mad', 'delusional' or 'mystics' or 'visionaries' as there is a very fine line there.

Now you can see why this is so important that I had to break my hiatus to relate it.
Old 22-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Eelco

You''ve touched the biggest paradox in life.
Why does another not see what I see.

This is the playground where one can home his or her skills in tolerance, compassion and understanding.

With love
Eelco
Old 22-05-2018, 03:01 PM
Master
We as people are really good at labeling and complicating things. Long story short, if it helps you to get through the day, helps you to grow as a human then go for it. No disclaimers needed. Whatever it is works for you! "Spiritually" is extremely individualized! It's whatever drives you to grow.
Old 22-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

she knows and understands that the ring is fake...but her conscious mind and especially her ego clouds her rational mind and makes her truly believe the lies it is telling her and she is none the wiser...well, she IS, but her lack of awareness of reality prevents her from seeing it.

Very insightful story.
Here lies the problem, what happens when
that "opal ring" is a newborn baby that is
slaughtered off in some foreign land, because
it has been misconstrued as the "enemy".
When every media outlet subsequently
spews venemous propaganda to the masses to forward
this ideology. When in reality, it is seen as nothing
more than "Collateral damage" when forwarding a
particular political agenda. When military
officials view it as merely "following orders".
Mindlessly & blindly following orders that
result in the complete annihilation of your own
flesh & blood. They too pride themselves
in these atrocious acts. Not to mention
society as a whole is right there to "support"
them when they come back home from
slaughtering these children. What "a hero"
many proclaim...

To be honest, with all respect, I would tell
my mother (as I have in other situations)
NEVER call that an opal ring in my presence.
Sure, you can admire it for it's intrinsic beauty
in of itself. But my love, that can never be &
will NEVER be an opal ring.

It is this type of behavior where people refuse
to see & accept truth, absolute
observable & verifiable truth that continues
to create the conditions that enslave this planet.

I'm not talking about the subjectivity of
perception. There is objective truth that exists
apart from that in which observes it.
Sure, we as humans, live with very limited
& finite scopes & focals, but given the
conditions in which are presented as humans
there is truth and then there are lies.
Irregardless if someone aligns themselves with
truth, with natural & universal laws, makes
no difference to their existence & your
interconnectedness with them
personally & collectively.
Old 23-05-2018, 12:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
Very insightful story.
many proclaim...

To be honest, with all respect, I would tell
my mother (as I have in other situations)
NEVER call that an opal ring in my presence.
Sure, you can admire it for it's intrinsic beauty
in of itself. But my love, that can never be &
will NEVER be an opal ring.

I'm not talking about the subjectivity of
perception. There is objective truth that exists
apart from that in which observes it.
Sure, we as humans, live with very limited
& finite scopes & focals, but given the
conditions in which are presented as humans
there is truth and then there are lies.
Irregardless if someone aligns themselves with
truth, with natural & universal laws, makes
no difference to their existence & your
interconnectedness with them
personally & collectively.
Of course.

When she raises the subject now, I am very quick to change it and so she has got the hint...finally.

Being an observer of humanity, I have to agree with you and with this:

Quote:

I don't know what it is or why I am different to most, but I see other members of my species with incredibly short memories...but then again, I also realise two things:

1. 'Normal Joe' cannot deal with the absolute, verifiable truth and so, this refusal...this denial, forms part of a 'protection mechanism' for the psyche to stop people seeing what they just don't want to see...call it 'selective perception' and the ego or conscious mind just goes along for the ride.

2. In this age of 'personal entitlement', subjective reality is the only thing that matters, so who cares if 'my truth' is different from 'your truth' because it is still 'my truth' and that's all that matters to ME. This can be totally at odds with a verifiable truth...and why the 'Flat Earth Society' still exists...I mean, going back 50 years or so, they would call such people 'insane' and lock them up in mental institutions and throw away the key...but society, as a whole, has massively copped out on this. People want personal responsibility, but don't want to be held accountable for it.

There was a case a few years ago, where the Australian Prime Minister went on public record saying there will be no new taxes...and the media recorded him saying it.

A week later, a new tax was introduced and the media said "I thought you said there would be no new taxes?" and the PM said "I never said that" and so, they showed the footage of him saying it.

The PM said "that isn't me, just somebody who could be my identical twin, using my voice"....and of course, the public bought it...they freaking fell for it...everybody did...and I was the only one who basically did not.

It was at that point, my faith totally dissolved for the future of mankind...either that, or I had just witnessed a parallel dimension or a glitch in the matrix first hand...and I realised that a lot of people only care where their next meal and shag is coming from.

The selective attention span of the human species is decreasing rapidly and people are buying lines (lies) on a day-to-day basis, irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year...when I always thought that consistency was a measure of trust and therefore, it's no wonder that trust has also fallen by the wayside.

We are basically told what to believe, but contradictory evidence keeps on staring us in the face...and yet, if we choose to believe that instead, we are ostracised from society and if we do choose to believe it, we are knowingly living the lie and this is life's biggest paradox...and so, many say that the world is "Maya" or "illusion" to emphasise this fact that in comparison with the Ultimate Reality or Truth, then everything else IS a lie...and it is this concept that has kept my sanity in tact all these years.

However, I am still wondering if the moon actually exists when I am not looking at it, so I am a total lost cause. lol
Old 23-05-2018, 08:07 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Of course.

When she raises the subject now, I am very quick to change it and so she has got the hint...finally.

Being an observer of humanity, I have to agree with you and with this:

I don't know what it is or why I am different to most, but I see other members of my species with incredibly short memories...but then again, I also realise two things:

1. 'Normal Joe' cannot deal with the absolute, verifiable truth and so, this refusal...this denial, forms part of a 'protection mechanism' for the psyche to stop people seeing what they just don't want to see...call it 'selective perception' and the ego or conscious mind just goes along for the ride.

2. In this age of 'personal entitlement', subjective reality is the only thing that matters, so who cares if 'my truth' is different from 'your truth' because it is still 'my truth' and that's all that matters to ME. This can be totally at odds with a verifiable truth...and why the 'Flat Earth Society' still exists...I mean, going back 50 years or so, they would call such people 'insane' and lock them up in mental institutions and throw away the key...but society, as a whole, has massively copped out on this. People want personal responsibility, but don't want to be held accountable for it.

There was a case a few years ago, where the Australian Prime Minister went on public record saying there will be no new taxes...and the media recorded him saying it.

A week later, a new tax was introduced and the media said "I thought you said there would be no new taxes?" and the PM said "I never said that" and so, they showed the footage of him saying it.

The PM said "that isn't me, just somebody who could be my identical twin, using my voice"....and of course, the public bought it...they freaking fell for it...everybody did...and I was the only one who basically did not.

It was at that point, my faith totally dissolved for the future of mankind...either that, or I had just witnessed a parallel dimension or a glitch in the matrix first hand...and I realised that a lot of people only care where their next meal and shag is coming from.

The selective attention span of the human species is decreasing rapidly and people are buying lines (lies) on a day-to-day basis, irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year...when I always thought that consistency was a measure of trust and therefore, it's no wonder that trust has also fallen by the wayside.

We are basically told what to believe, but contradictory evidence keeps on staring us in the face...and yet, if we choose to believe that instead, we are ostracised from society and if we do choose to believe it, we are knowingly living the lie and this is life's biggest paradox...and so, many say that the world is "Maya" or "illusion" to emphasise this fact that in comparison with the Ultimate Reality or Truth, then everything else IS a lie...and it is this concept that has kept my sanity in tact all these years.

However, I am still wondering if the moon actually exists when I am not looking at it, so I am a total lost cause. lol

Absolutely.

Whenever someone tells me "Ignorance is bliss" .
I always respond " only in the abstract ".
I can't help but investigate further into these
people who make these claims.
Sure enough they have uncontrollable
addictions, dysfunctional relationships,
mental illnesses that are out of control,
physical ailements, difficulty with dealing
with anything, difficulty feeling anything -
completely desensitized, completely
delusional & disillusioned, their pyches are in
complete ruin, they suffer greatly from low
self esteem / insecurities / insufficiencies,
made terrible decisions
resulting in pain & suffering of themselves &
more importantly others (which just
creates vicious cycles), have completely
ruined the best opportunities they had, etc.

Ironically, these are the people that do
break, completely from the slightest truth
one may utter.

Yeah, I respond, tell me about that "bliss".

So, yes, when you sit in complete &
absolute truth all you can do is
offer it. It's not me. It's not you. It's
the Universe. You either can align
with it or not. Reap what you sow -
on every level of being.

This is where reality is just accepted.
Either people accept the help/guidance
offered or the eventuality will happen.

I think awakening is a big factor in
the solution - spiritual awakening
as everything is a derivative of source
so address it at the roots.

The yogis, monks, and spiritual teachers
are fundamental. Very crucial. To
spiritual awakening & mastery of self.
Just as the whistleblowers and ones that expose
fraud & corruption are very important too.
As it's addressing both the internal
& external states.

Personally, I've found that once
awakened, all one can do is reflect that
light. Allow their path to be illuminated/
be the illuminator.
Old 23-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
Very insightful story.
many proclaim...

Outside the military to, everyone following orders to, followers to. Until everyone agrees or agrees not to follow orders nothing can change. Everyone needs to learn to say no. Sadly it is the adult that do these kinds of things mentioned and is the pinnacle a child wishes to reach, they don't know what awaits them. I remember as one how much I wanted to be an adult.