Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 17-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Master
Somehow I don't think the 'universe' was created in any but a chaotic fashion. That still is not to say that they both weren't created at precisely the same time. That's what I believe (since I'm not about to find out the 'truth' of the matter, since I don't think a one of us is capable of it. Atm, I'm more into living as happy and healthy a life as I can.

Old 17-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, but if sound came first ...who was there to receive the vibration and interpret it
as sound...it's like the old question:
If a man speaks in the forest and there is
no woman around ...is he still wrong?

Love it, MH~*

Old 17-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Etu Malku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Somehow I don't think the 'universe' was created in any but a chaotic fashion. That still is not to say that they both weren't created at precisely the same time. That's what I believe (since I'm not about to find out the 'truth' of the matter, since I don't think a one of us is capable of it. Atm, I'm more into living as happy and healthy a life as I can.
The objective universe (the one you are talking about) was and is created through a perpetual process the Egyptians called Kheperu: an Ouroboric cycle of Apep/Chaos - Khepri/Transformation - Maat/Order
Old 17-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etu Malku
The objective universe (the one you are talking about) was and is created through a perpetual process the Egyptians called Kheperu: an Ouroboric cycle of Apep/Chaos - Khepri/Transformation - Maat/Order

Will knowing this help answer the orig. question? (I have no idea what the terminology really means.) Interesting.

Old 17-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Etu Malku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Will knowing this help answer the orig. question? (I have no idea what the terminology really means.) Interesting.
Probably not! Oops!

Scientists believe the Big Bang started out utterly silent!
The initial expansion was absolutely pure and "radial" - no parts were catching up to any other parts, and hence there were no pressure waves, and hence no sound. All was quiet.

From the earliest moments, different regions of the Universe had very slightly different densities which created gravitational "hills" and "valleys" which pull on all matter. As time goes by, responding to these pulls, gas begins to move — it begins to fall away from the hills and into the valleys.

This in turn create the first waves and ultimately the first sounds.

As for light here's what happened:
  1. Immediately after the big bang, electromagnetism didn't exist as an independent force. Instead, it was joined to the weak nuclear force.
  2. Particles known as B and W bosons also existed at this time.
  3. When the universe was just 0.00000000001 seconds old, it had cooled enough for electromagnetism to break from the weak nuclear force and for the B and W bosons to combine into photons. The photons mingled freely with quarks, the smallest building blocks of matter.
  4. When the universe was 0.00001 seconds old, quarks combined to form protons and neutrons.
  5. When the universe was 0.01 seconds old, protons and neutrons began to organize into atoms.
  6. Finally, when the universe was the tender age of 380,000 years old, photons broke free, and light streamed across the dark chasms of space.

So given this data I am going to say that Light was created after Sound?
Old 17-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Does it matter?
ya what does it matter?
Old 17-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
So given this data I am going to say that Light was created after Sound?

You have a feasible list of 'events' using the proper terminology which I confess to not fully comprehending, heh, so it's perhaps (?) a 50/50 proposition? Idk ~ IF this event were observable, we're back now to the tree-falling-in-the-woods thing.....?

Old 17-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Master
... Light, Sound Temperature....
- All about Frequency, Vibration, and Resonance.

"What is real? How do you define real? If you are talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see,
then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

(Morpheus from the movie:
The Matrix )

In the end Life is not about the "material" things -Life is an affair of the heart.

"The majority of people are captives in the matrix of nature, submerged in the sea of materiality.

We must pray that they may be reborn, that they may attain insight and spiritual hearing, that they may receive the gift of another heart, a new transcendent power,
and in the eternal world the unending bestowal of divine bounties."

(Abdul Baha, Circa 1912)

Visit - cosmicligh.com
----------------------------------------------

Miss Hepburn?

Technically, the "Big Bang" is a misnmer, no?
There is no sound in the vacuum of space.

Old 17-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Guide
Light.
In pure truth and pure light.
Krishna.
Old 17-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
In the end Life is not about the "material" things -Life is an affair of the heart.

Miss Hepburn?

I concur.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru