Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 21-07-2011, 10:07 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Actually, the inquiry is quite pointless.. what will you do with this opportunity to experience physical existence.. what will you do with this physical vehicle, the body, and the Life it is experiencing.. What will you 'do'...

Be well..
Old 23-07-2011, 03:54 AM
Council Of Nine

Love as a vibration was the original thought this vibration was the beginning of the photon, the simplest form of life known, the photon of course is light so light was definitely first
Old 15-12-2011, 12:36 PM
phibonacci

IMO light (all EM radiation) 'came' first.

Consider the quadrivium - number (arithmetic), number in space (geometry), number in time (music), number in space and time (astronomy/the cosmos). By my reasoning: space needs light to exist, sound needs space to exist and matter/the cosmos needs sound to exist. Mathematically, I think of darkness as 0 (infinite-0x0x0=0), pure white light as 1 (infinite-1x1x1=1) and all the colours (as well as all phenomena) as infinite fractions in between.

From a non-dualist (being/wave) perspective, everything (including us) is infinite pure white light and simultaneously emptiness/nothingness (and IMO happening simultaneously because the experience of time evaporates in a non-dual state of being). From an observational (knowing/particle) perspective light 'comes' first because it is faster. E.g. thunder being the sound of lightning and arriving at a point in time and space later than the light although these phenomena occur instantaneously. Although from my understanding lightning actually happens slightly before the shock wave that produces the sound of thunder FWIW the example is relevant. fascinating topic.

Last edited by phibonacci : 15-12-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 17-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Bluegreen

I have not read all the posts, so I may repeat what has already been said. I think sound came first because:

"And God said (sound), Let there be light." Genesis I:3

Cayce: "The cosmos was built with the tools which man calls music (sound), arithmetic, and geomery..." There was a River, Thomas Sugrue.

Theosophy has it that sound came first.

From Memories of God and Creation, Shakuntala Modi, M.D.:

"As I look back to find where this spark came from, I hear a sound that is coming from the void. It is created by friction between two particles in space. One is a very dark blue, dense particle, and the other is purplish-blue. When they come close together, it creates the sound and spark of Light. This sound is very beautiful, like 'Om,' but far better. 'Om' sounds boring and dull compared to what I am hearing. Vibrations spread in circles from the original spark, creating beautiful sounds."

"This particular sound (the one that creates the spark) is very different and was created from an accumulation of a lot of different sounds"

Only the hypnotized subjects who were clairaudient heard the sounds.
Old 17-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes, but if sound came first ...who was there to receive the vibration and interpret it
as sound...it's like the old question:
If a man speaks in the forest and there is
no woman around ...is he still wrong?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, but if sound came first ...who was there to receive the vibration and interpret it
as sound...it's like the old question:
If a man speaks in the forest and there is
no woman around ...is he still wrong?

If the man speaks in the forest without a woman to hear him, he still produces the vibrations which the absent woman's ears would have interpreted as sound.

I always try to keep my posts brief so people will read instead of skip them. This time I can't. So, for the courageous:

Quote:
Akasha is at the root of the manifestation of all sounds. Sound is the expression and manifestation of that which is behind it, and which is the parent of many correlations. All Nature is a sounding-board; or rather Akasha is the sounding-board of Nature. It is the Deity, the one Life, the one Existence.

Sound can have no end. ... A sound, if not previously produced on the Astral Plane, and before on the Akashic, could not be produced at all. Akasha is the bridge between nerve cells and mental powers.
The Secret Doctrine

I wish people would read The Secret Doctrine by H.P. Blavatsky. It contains the most exhaustive explanation of creation. But it is an extremely difficult and extensive read.

Quote:
6. The seven sublime Lords and the seven Truths had ceased to be (a), and the Universe, the son of necessity, was immersed in Paranishpanna (b) (absolute perfection, Paranirvana, which is Yong-Grub) to be out-breathed by that which is and yet is not. Naught was (c).

(a) The seven sublime lords are the Seven Creative Spirits, the Dhyan-Chohans, who correspond to the Hebrew Elohim. It is the same hierarchy of Archangels to which St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and others belong, in the Christian theogony. Only while St. Michael, for instance, is allowed in dogmatic Latin theology to watch over all the promontories and gulfs, in the Esoteric System, the Dhyanis watch successively over one of the Rounds and the great Root-races of our planetary chain. They are, moreover, said to send their Bhodisatvas, the human correspondents of the Dhyani-Buddhas (of whom vide infra) during every Round and Race. Out of the Seven Truths and Revelations, or rather revealed secrets, four only have been handed to us, as we are still in the Fourth Round, and the world also has only had four Buddhas, so far. This is a very complicated question, and will receive more ample treatment later on.

So far “There are only Four Truths, and Four Vedas” — say the Hindus and Buddhists. For a similar reason Irenaeus insisted on the necessity of Four Gospels. But as every new Root-race at the head of a Round must have its revelation and revealers, the next Round will bring the Fifth, the following the Sixth, and so on.

(b) “Paranishpanna” is the absolute perfection to which all existences attain at the close of a great period of activity, or Maha-Manvantara, and in which they rest during the succeeding period of repose. In Tibetan it is called Yong-Grub. Up to the day of the Yogacharya school the true nature of Paranirvana was taught publicly, but since then it has become entirely esoteric; hence so many contradictory interpretations of it. It is only a true Idealist who can understand it. Everything has to be viewed as ideal, with the exception of Paranirvana, by him who would comprehend that state, and acquire a knowledge of how Non Ego, Voidness, and Darkness are Three in One and alone Self-existent and perfect.

Paranishpanna = That which comes or issues forth from the Absolute.

Quote:
7. The causes of existence had been done away with (a); the visible that was, and the invisible that is, rested in eternal non-being, the one being (b).

(a) “The Causes of Existence” mean not only the physical causes known to science, but the metaphysical causes, the chief of which is the desire to exist, an outcome of Nidana and Maya. This desire for a sentient life shows itself in everything, from an atom to a sun, and is a reflection of the Divine Thought propelled into objective existence, into a law that the Universe should exist. According to esoteric teaching, the real cause of that supposed desire, and of all existence, remains for ever hidden, and its first emanations are the most complete abstractions mind can conceive. These abstractions must of necessity be postulated as the cause of the material Universe which presents itself to the senses and intellect; and they underlie the secondary and subordinate powers of Nature, which, anthropomorphized, have been worshipped as God and gods by the common herd of every age. It is impossible to conceive anything without a cause; the attempt to do so makes the mind a blank.

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/sd/sd1-1-02.htm
Old 17-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Etu Malku

Without and ear to hear the sound or an eye to see the light, the new question should be:
WHO heard and saw this first and in what order?
Old 17-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etu Malku
oops . . . nevermind

I read what you wrote and apparently deleted. I wish I could remember all I read about the Big Bang. The only thing that stuck is that one scientist was surprised that his experiments showed that the Big Bang kept coming and going. It stuck because it resembles the 'breathing in' and 'breathing out', the days and nights of Brahma, mentioned in The Secret Doctrine.
Old 17-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etu Malku
Without and ear to hear the sound or an eye to see the light, the new question should be:
WHO heard and saw this first and in what order?

If instead of sound and light the corresponding vibrations are used, there is no need for ears to hear or eyes to see. (Ears and eyes belong to 3D although the way you use it suggests differently.)

It is a vibration that issued from All That Is. Or, based on the philosophy of Cayce: "...a primary ray, as man thinks of it, which by changing the length of its wave and rate of its vibration became a pattern of differing forms, substance, and movement." There Was a River, Thomas Sugrue.

As to the WHO (do we need a who?) perhaps the Elohim, the creative gods.
Old 17-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Etu Malku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
If instead of sound and light the corresponding vibrations are used, there is no need for ears to hear or eyes to see. (Ears and eyes belong to 3D although the way you use it suggests differently.)

It is a vibration that issued from All That Is. Or, based on the philosophy of Cayce: "...a primary ray, as man thinks of it, which by changing the length of its wave and rate of its vibration became a pattern of differing forms, substance, and movement." There Was a River, Thomas Sugrue.

As to the WHO (do we need a who?) perhaps the Elohim, the creative gods.
Sorry for posting and deleting, just changing my babbling mind

Indeed, both sound & light are nothing more than vibrations.
Not being someone who believes in the Elohim, I would offer a different take on the last part of your reply.

Since the argument is which came first, there stands the affirmation that someone/thing would have to perceive of these vibrations.

My belief is that we are all originally, purely, our psyche/unconsciousness in our individual subjective universe. When we reflect upon our Self we immediately create a dualism from our Self, this like the Big Bang Primordial Vibration in question, begins the process of slowing its frequencies to a lower speed and eventually into a physical existence, from which we can realize our Self and experience another Self.

The question I wrestle with is which came first?
Did our separated Self design all that it knows in the objective universe?
Or was the objective universe already in place and we enter this universe?