Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 16-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Tea Break

Novels with a Spiritual message

Novels are a very under valued "source" ( ) of learning about Spirit, how to connect with it, and what it's like.
Reading such novels is a pleasure, and a learning experience, too.

So - I'm here to plug "The Raven Queen" by Jules Watson.
Set in ancient Ireland (when it was still called Erin) this is the truelife-based story of Maeve, Queen of her peoples, and her journey from abused child to a still very-human woman and strong leader. Also Ciaran, former druid, her lover.

The passages where these characters consciously connect with Spirit and use that gift in their daily lives are fantastic. Maeve literally battles for her life aided by the anam (spirit) of an otter. Ciaran is taken along on a fantastic journey by the Shee (the Faery peoples) as they spread Source through the land, in preparation for the re-birth of the Spring season. His mergence with the "sparks" of life (or atoms, maybe?) draws the reader right into the experience with him, and is truly magical.

Jules Watson is herself a member of a Druid order, so we can be assured that if she personally hasn't experienced such wonders - someone she trusts hasand such memories have been used in this novel to help the reader connect with the wonders of the spiritual world.

For anyone who wonders "what it's like?" I'd recommend this novel to find out!

If you don't want to actually buy a copy - what about borrowing it (or requesting it) from your local Library?

If anyone else has read novels on similar lines, please tell us about them here - you could be starting someone else on their own incredible journey!
Old 16-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Guide
Anything by Paulo Coelhelo
The Pilgrimage is very good
The Alchemist also
I haven't read his latest one which is Aleph

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 16-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Guide
The Alchemist also

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 17-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Tea Break

thanks, ellespirit!

Keep them coming, folks - you never know when your own favourite may prompt a response in someone else ...
Old 17-02-2012, 07:37 PM
glpoisson

Druids by Morgan Llywellyn and its sequel The Greener Shore
Old 23-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

"Serpent's Mound" recently published by Ceri Norman (Melrose Books)

- now here's a gripping novel, with a slew of spiritual messages!

Also her "Celtic Maidens" - not as deep as "Serpent" but a good read.

Anyone else out there reading any interesting spiritual-type-novels this Summer?
Old 24-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Master
Trying to read "The Mists of Avalon" [Marion Zimmer Bradley] but finding it heavy going.
Old 24-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Quagmire

I remember loving the story of Erik Humanson (called "Erik Menneskesøn" in Danish) as a child because it was a story where Thor took him to Asgaaerd for him to help the gods. He then journeys through Norse Mythology on an amazing tale but I am not sure if it is translated from Danish to other languages.
Old 24-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellespirit
The Alchemist also

I've particularly liked Brida :)
Old 24-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Trying to read "The Mists of Avalon" [Marion Zimmer Bradley] but finding it heavy going.

This whole (fictionilisd) series is fantastic, Norseman, with a special deep magic. These, of course, are the desendants of those who fled Atlantis, and spread out over the Earth, to new homes. Legend now - but based on fact.

Release the practicalities of our modern world - and let yourself return to those mystical days. The journey soon becomes more interesting, and easier.

I firmly believe that we read the books which are meant for us - you've been led to it.