Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Guide

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
But its god that gives that right?

Revelations 22:16
"... I am the root and the Offspring of David (the beloved), and the bright and Morning Star (the Sun)."

When Jesus was teaching others how to pray, he mentioned these words:

"Our Father who art in Heaven" ... the Sun

"On Earth as it is in Heaven" ... Shakti

Shakti is simply "body positioning." I'm sure that you've seen the pictures of Shiva asleep in the Cosmic dream with Shakti with her foot on his chest in an attempt to wake him up. That's because Shiva's spine is turned in the wrong direction. His chest is supposed to be facing the direction of the Earth, which is what Shakti represents (Earth).

Shakti is form (body positioning) and Shiva is formless ... A reference to Nothingness or Dark Space ((The Cosmos). For me, The Path is more about Dissolution (the formless) and how to achieve that through the understanding of form. So it's also about Union (Yoga). The word "Hatha" is used to describe this state of Union. The syllable ha means Sun, and the syllable "Tha" means Moon.

Namaskar (prayer) is an aspect of Devotion. It's not just an aspect of Yoga. It is Yoga (oneness/Union). Darkness represents our inner experience (Microcosm), just as Dark Space represents our Outer experience (Macrocosm). The only problem is that the phenomenon of Revelation prevents us from Dissolving in the true sense, which is why we need some type of face to face encounter with a Source of Stillness, and the Sun represents that.

This is similar to what The Bible mentions ...

"Be Still and know that I am God."

So if your praying, and your still without, but your not still Within, then the movements of your mind will be effected by the cycles, perhaps causing you to feel as if your prayer is not effective.
Old 19-02-2017, 08:56 PM
Master
Mystic Mark ,,So Cool Thankyou for sharing ,, Just recently saw that pic of Shakti and Shiva ,,and I was the only one in my group that new what it was , but not to te extent you described,,im back praying to source again and thats why i love these forums to evolve and express and change ,, ive made a beautiful relationship with the sun ,, and father God,,i have so much energy in me sometimes i feel like ill burst ,,so praying for calm,clarity and so much wish to serve the greater good and tap my true potential after a lifetime of unrest ,, i do think prayer is effective ,, i guess im just learning,,the thing is its me isnt it asking,commanding etc ,,the power of the word ,,its me and God working together ,, the power kundalini gives unto you is so Cool,,but taming and controlling that snake with everthing from sureender to discipline to creativity can be challenging,,but i love it, im in recov from cfs,, and dearly wish to regain full physical function again,,i did hatha yoga for 20yrs before i got unwell,,but it all seems to be part of making me stronger in the long run,,this is my 2nd kunda awakening,,, i didnt understand the first one at 28,, anyway really nice to meet you and Rock On Brother! So Yes Union!
Old 20-02-2017, 02:30 AM
Guide

Quote:
Mystic Mark ,,So Cool Thankyou for sharing ,, Just recently saw that pic of Shakti and Shiva ,,and I was the only one in my group that new what it was , but not to te extent you described,,im back praying to source again and thats why i love these forums to evolve and express and change ,, ive made a beautiful relationship with the sun ,, and father God,,i have so much energy in me sometimes i feel like ill burst ,,so praying for calm,clarity and so much wish to serve the greater good and tap my true potential after a lifetime of unrest ,, i do think prayer is effective ,, i guess im just learning,,the thing is its me isnt it asking,commanding etc ,,the power of the word ,,its me and God working together ,, the power kundalini gives unto you is so Cool,,but taming and controlling that snake with everthing from sureender to discipline to creativity can be challenging,,but i love it, im in recov from cfs,, and dearly wish to regain full physical function again,,i did hatha yoga for 20yrs before i got unwell,,but it all seems to be part of making me stronger in the long run,,this is my 2nd kunda awakening,,, i didnt understand the first one at 28,, anyway really nice to meet you and Rock On Brother! So Yes Union!

Thanks Deepsoul

Yes, the Serpent symbolizes the human spine. The serpent lies on it's belly with it's spine in a horizontal direction, facing upwards towards the sky, which is the same as the understanding for Shakti. The original sin in The Bible was when the Serpent climbed up the tree with it's spine in a vertical direction. It had forgotten it's true nature ... lowliness and humbleness. So repent simply means to lower yourself, haughty one ... lick the dust!!! Remember your true nature.

Much credit to you!!! Rarely did I ever practice Yoga. It took me 30 years of searching for the truth, and when I discovered it, I discovered it in pieces. I discovered Shakti first. Then Namaskar next. But it wasn't until I discovered the relevance of the Sun and the Moon that my spiritual progress began to take off. Once I figured out the secret for breathing, I started to practice Yoga, and my progress took off like a rocket!!!

So first of all, you should be facing the direction of the Sun or Moon whenever you practice Yoga. Namaskar can be combined with some understandings in Yoga, but for most of the Asanas, I don't use it. The analogy of the bow and arrow can be used to describe the process for how we're supposed to breath during the Asanas. The natural way that a person breaths when their bending back a bow is that they inhale a breath of air (through the nose). So when tension is being placed on both the bow and the body, we inhale a breath of air.
And "after" the arrow is released, the body is in a relaxed or non-tense state, so the body naturally takes an exhalation breath. This is the way it's supposed to be whenever we perform the Asanas.

For me, I like to take the inhalation breath while remaining still in the Asana, and then I move back to either sitting on my knees or standing to take the exhalation breath, when my spine is in a vertical position. I also close my eyes when I perform the asanas, which helps with the process of Dissolving.

The way that Dissolving works is that our mind is overcrowded with Karma (memories), and Dissolving helps to erase those memories because it's a feeling of Centeredness, and freedom from Cyclic patterns of thoughts and behaviors .. A total experience of the Now or present.

I wish I could help you a little bit more on the Mantra or "Word" part. Paramahansa Yogananda mentioned the fact that "The Word" mentioned in The Bible is a reference to the Mantra "OM." I've practiced mantras throughout my life. Strangely enough, the mantra that I always used to like the best was the Vedic Mantra for the Sun ... "Soom" being it's seed syllable. Perhaps that mantra helped me to realize the things that I understand today. I've also practiced "OM" and Gayatri, which has a lot to do with those very same things. Some say that OM is the sound of the Sun.

But, basically, mantras are just "sound forms." The reason why I prefer not to use them is because I'm trying to rid my body off all form, and vibrations are sound forms, perhaps a more subtle form, but In that respect, I prefer not to play the role of Creator, but rather allow the Creator to create me in the image of the formless. But I'm not trying to say that mantras can't work to heighten the whole experience in some way. My Time just hasn't come to understand that part, yet.
Old 20-02-2017, 05:12 AM
Master
humbled ,,well that sure happens within the process ,still in a manic now ,,have so much info,,coming i nsometimes ,,would like to return to that still strong silent place again,,but must be having karmic clearings or something,,who knows ,,like you say trust in the source and keep saying im all good ,,its all good ,,everything is working out perfectly ,,i know why im so ramped ,,cause ive been considering studying again ,,it frustrates me that i get this way because my goal is service ,,but who knows maybe im just meant to be brainless and ,, i must not think anymore today,,ive had nausea from all the adrenaline ,,, just be in the here and now and devote myself to being of good use in that format,,, youd love chi-gong and tai chi by the sounds of your aspirations ,formless one,, well maybe not youd still be feeling your pranic body and chi,,important though,,we dont want to dissapear just yet!
Old 20-02-2017, 05:13 AM
Master
i love heart sutra mantra and bijas ,, and i sing to and for Jesus and about kookaburras it all helps move shakti through me.
Old 20-02-2017, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
i sing to and for Jesus and about kookaburras
There's something you don't see every day... Jesus and kookaburras in the same sentence. Like Mother Mary and baby Zeppelin.
Old 20-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Master
Ha ha thanks for the giggle Baile,,,
Old 21-02-2017, 06:08 AM
Guide

" ... trust in the source"

That was never a problem for me. From the first time I tried it, I knew. But there were a couple of times when I meditated that I wasn't able to feel it, and I was feeling kind of manic, like yourself. Once I started practicing yoga, my energy levels and cognitive abilities were at a whole different level. But I was shocked to discover that this morning, it didn't work. Plus, I had this really rough day where I almost passed out from overwork and dehydration.

Earlier, when you mentioned you had CF, I thought that you meant something different. So I can understand you being afraid that something like yoga might make the problem worse. I'm hoping that you won't loose faith in the Source. Try to remember that we all have our bad days. I would reccomend some simple things you could do, but I feel too tapped out from having such a rough day. Maybe some other time.
Old 22-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Master
Thanks Mystic Mark,,Yes everyday brings change,,we are all learning in so many ways ,,Trust source ,,be the Source,,Command with the power and the I AM,Like this body and mind heart and soul is balanced,centered,grounded and connected,, right here right and so it is,,,Im heading off for a restorative yoga retreat this weekend ,baby steps right now,,,,Glad you could see to rest and hoping you are feeling much better,, Deep,,Love your honesty of a process that lets face it has its challenges.
Old 23-02-2017, 02:59 AM
Guide

Thanks for the kind words, Deepsoul. That was very thoughtful.

Yes ... I still haven't recovered from Monday. lol. My whole body, especially my legs are sore. So every time I sit down on my knees to practice yoga, it hurts the first time. But I try to practice two or three times a day.

What happened is that Last year, we got hit by the flood, and I never got a chance to pick up all of the sticks and limbs that fell at my dad's place. We lost the four wheeler, so I had to load it all into a wheelbarrow, and cart these heavy full loads a long way. But the worst part was that the wall that my dad built to surround the swimming pool had collapsed. So we had to also saw all of that up and haul it out to the road. So I had to cart all of that stuff out in the wheelbarrow too, and it's a long walk.lol

Plus, I've been working late at my sister's store every day. So it's not so much a testament that religion has gone sour for me. It's more of a life thing. lol But yeah, even though I'm sore, I don't miss my yoga. It sounds like your inspired to do it, too. Let me know how it's going for you ... good or bad.