Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 06-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Moon
For another pre-internet reference, one may simply turn to the works of Elizabeth Clare Prophet. She passed away in 2009, so she did live through the internet, but her work began long before that. I don't agree with some of her belief systems myself, but she was a renowned author and spiritual teacher of her day, and her twin flame journey and work is well documented. She also wrote books on that and other related subjects.

I've seen videos of Elizabeth Clare Prophet on youtube. I don't agree with everything she said either.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:13 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous
Someone here posted something about the twin flame/soul belief being created on the internet. I found some references years ago, some being over a hundred years old that discuss twin souls. Obviously, this concept is very old. Also, consider the fact the it appears to be discussed in Plato's Symposium.

The Theosophist, Volume 20
1899 page 437
http://tinyurl.com/hxt26mf

The Escoteric Vol. 7
1893-1894 page 314
http://tinyurl.com/gqadxh9

I've said a couple of times here that the idea was popularised by the theosophist Blavatsky. Died 1891 I seem to recall.

It would be worth looking her up,
studying what she had to say and her critics to get an idea
of what the spiritual community thought of her
and, of course, what she actually proposed.

Suffice it to say that though there's still a remnant of a Theosophical Society
she did more to undo its otherwise good work in occult and gnosticism.
There are a few people still "believe" in her just as there are those who still believe
that Earth is flat.

You must ask yourself/selves how well the present twin-flame theory (so-called) sits with gnosticism
if you're going to bring Blavatsky into this.

I personally encountered her voluminous outpourings through an early interest in gnosticism.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Moon
That IS funny I appreciate the humor...

I am sure the humour was just in the way it was said not in the message it self

years ago my guide and me had long discussions on the topic in which all and every thing was explained

I am how ever no longer interested to go into to it
except when asked directly, since all are free to create any reality they like
and if you creation is what you wish so its good for you cos its what you want

as simple as that :-)
Old 07-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Suspended
Master
I'll have to do some research on Blavatsky. Thnx.

Look what happens after 1:10. Hurricane Matthew?
Portrait of Jennie (1948)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmF3rL2HadU
Old 07-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous
I'll have to do some research on Blavatsky. Thnx.

Look what happens after 1:10. Hurricane Matthew?
Portrait of Jennie (1948)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmF3rL2HadU

I love classic films and especially looking forward to this one... hoping to watch it later on tonight.
Thanks, Aldous.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDF
I am sure the humour was just in the way it was said not in the message it self

years ago my guide and me had long discussions on the topic in which all and every thing was explained

I am how ever no longer interested to go into to it
except when asked directly, since all are free to create any reality they like
and if you creation is what you wish so its good for you cos its what you want

as simple as that :-)

To my perspective and experience what you said was quite funny and I'm not asking you to go into anything, thanks.

Last edited by Ciona : 07-10-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Deactivated Account

The old concept of twin flames is that of yin and yang, not this love junk, that is a disillusionment of modern times. But, go ahead keep looking for that so called "twin flame" you will never find them. All you will find is obsession and misery, as the concept of twin flames is simply miss placed desire. If you use desire correctly, you can become anything in this world, but you have to let it do what it has to do, and let such false paradigms as love fade away.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Suspended
Master
From Plato's Symposium
http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/symposium.html
this part appears to relate to twin souls

And when one of them meets with his other half, the actual half of himself, whether he be a lover of youth or a lover of another sort, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy, and would not be out of the other's sight, as I may say, even for a moment: these are the people who pass their whole lives together; yet they could not explain what they desire of one another. For the intense yearning which each of them has towards the other does not appear to be the desire of lover's intercourse, but of something else which the soul of either evidently desires and cannot tell, and of which she has only a dark and doubtful presentiment. Suppose Hephaestus, with his instruments, to come to the pair who are lying side, by side and to say to them, "What do you people want of one another?" they would be unable to explain. And suppose further, that when he saw their perplexity he said: "Do you desire to be wholly one; always day and night to be in one another's company? for if this is what you desire, I am ready to melt you into one and let you grow together, so that being two you shall become one, and while you live a common life as if you were a single man, and after your death in the world below still be one departed soul instead of two-I ask whether this is what you lovingly desire, and whether you are satisfied to attain this?"-there is not a man of them who when he heard the proposal would deny or would not acknowledge that this meeting and melting into one another, this becoming one instead of two, was the very expression of his ancient need. And the reason is that human nature was originally one and we were a whole, and the desire and pursuit of the whole is called love. There was a time, I say, when we were one, but now because of the wickedness of mankind God has dispersed us, as the Arcadians were dispersed into villages by the Lacedaemonians. And if we are not obedient to the gods, there is a danger that we shall be split up again and go about in basso-relievo, like the profile figures having only half a nose which are sculptured on monuments, and that we shall be like tallies.

Wherefore let us exhort all men to piety, that we may avoid evil, and obtain the good, of which Love is to us the lord and minister; and let no one oppose him-he is the enemy of the gods who oppose him. For if we are friends of the God and at peace with him we shall find our own true loves, which rarely happens in this world at present. I am serious, and therefore I must beg Eryximachus not to make fun or to find any allusion in what I am saying to Pausanias and Agathon, who, as I suspect, are both of the manly nature, and belong to the class which I have been describing. But my words have a wider application-they include men and women everywhere; and I believe that if our loves were perfectly accomplished, and each one returning to his primeval nature had his original true love, then our race would be happy. And if this would be best of all, the best in the next degree and under present circumstances must be the nearest approach to such an union; and that will be the attainment of a congenial love. Wherefore, if we would praise him who has given to us the benefit, we must praise the god Love, who is our greatest benefactor, both leading us in this life back to our own nature, and giving us high hopes for the future, for he promises that if we are pious, he will restore us to our original state, and heal us and make us happy and blessed. This, Eryximachus, is my discourse of love, which, although different to yours, I must beg you to leave unassailed by the shafts of your ridicule, in order that each may have his turn; each, or rather either, for Agathon and Socrates are the only ones left.

classics.mit.edu/Plato/symposium.html
Old 18-01-2017, 03:07 PM
Suspended
Master
This is old.
https://od.lk/s/OV8xMjE2MDE0MTRf/Whishaw-The_Idler.pdf
Old 20-01-2017, 04:25 AM
Master
The concept of TwinSouls has been around forever. I like the fact that books from the 1890's existed on the topic . I try to say away from websites devoted to Soulmate/TwinSouls because a lot of it is 'romanticized' misinformation . Just like the concept of Astrology, I know the Facebook memes are funny but if you want to have in depth understanding on astrology there are books with accurate information.