Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Master
Post thoughts from a mystical experience

I don't know where to post this and if it doesn't belong in this forum, a mod can move it.

I'd like to share the following that was triggered by a mystical experience.

Before I fell asleep, I was thinking in general terms about soul searching and the emotional upheaval it can produce. During those musings I caught a glimpse of an Egyptian Deity....looked exactly how He was depicted in the myth.

Since He is involved with the Underworld, it lead me to think about our inner world and the Underworld. The words 'inner world' (a modern terminology) and 'Underworld' (an ancient terminology) are the only differences so the words are interchangeable. It means when we look inside ourselves we go to the Underworld which is mentioned, or taught, with different symbolism according to whichever ancient civilization one cares to study.

It appears to me that their mystery schools taught alot about going inside, but not by meditating, to connect with Deities in order to gain direct access to Them and to learn directly from Them.

Our psychic abilities are also within us as part of our inner world. With help from Deities we can devolop such gifts and bring it forward from the Underworld to our external world in order to help those who have yet to make the journey. An example would be mediumship in which such a person could help another through a grieving process. This places the medium as a bridge between the outer world and the Underworld which is also connected to the Spririt Realm via a river of energy. The river begins in the Spirit Realm and ends up in us so we can use it.

A river might symbolize the energetic connection from our outer world, to the Underworld and the Spirit Realm. Ancient Egyptians showed this with their murals found in burial chambers. As I wrote this, a painting of a Pharaoh on a boat being poled, by helpers, on a river as he makes his way through his subconscious to develop such skills and to reach into the Spirit Realm, entered my mind.

I think I gave enough food for thought.

Thank you for reading.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 25-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Seeker

Thanks for sharing Chrysalis. Interesting thoughts you experienced.
Old 25-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Master
I find this a very interesting post.

It seems to look past the underworld with fear and to embrace it larger meaning. What it was originally thought to be. Underworld-innerworld.

And your river metaphor- or the picture (was original depicted as Anubis I believe) of the rower and the other gathered rowers (souls) also reminds me of something I feel goes in line with our inner worlds- which is the creatice process.

Sometimes it feels for me at least that it is amazing in my beliefs to actively search for the underworld to go in not knowing what to expect and to come out of it unscathed and with important information or even the exact image I need to bring a different perspective to this world we all share. I really appreciate your thread here, Chrysalis.
Old 25-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Master
Yes very much your opening to show the interconnected relationship of flowing within to without and understanding that everything is within us to do so.

During my own personal mystery school awakening stage, I came to the place of deeper restoration and healing, where much of what your sharing came into my awareness in process.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 28-03-2017, 12:23 AM
Newbie ;)

It clarifies my belief that the devil and hell are not to be feared because they are a part of you just as god and heaven is a part of you. Because they are all one with source. Evil and good are but different ends of the same pole.