Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 23-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger
My faerie door in my garden.

This is adorable, Treehugger!
Have you spotted any little creatures in your garden yet?
Old 23-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anastaciia
I'm really interested in planting/creating an enchanting faerie garden to welcome some friends into my backyard, any tips or tricks for creating gardens? Any help would be awesome

anastaciia, I found tons of photos and ideas for faerie gardens...
and these two extremely creative. (oops, sorry about the size)

Old 24-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuga
... lots and lots of bells ... Website Link
I've always been taught that Faeries do NOT like bells. It's how you keep them away. They don't like iron either.
Old 24-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Master
You are asking about attracting faeries, then an artificial fairy garden is not necessary.
Such gardens are cute, but more to please us humans. Basically it's like a garden-dollhouse.

Faeries like fresh water, flowers, lots of flowers. Shiny things, maybe you got a nice earring with sparkling things
that you can hang on a bush. Invite them, ask them to come visit and maybe stay.
Depending on the type of fairies you want (I myself ain't looking for the sweet cute flower fairies), you don't want the
fairy garden to be too neat and tidy. Some wilder bushes, or branches knocking around, are okay. Faeries are a tad 'wild',
unpredictable, can be mischievous and playful. Make the garden accordingly.
Choose a section that is not disrupted by people who wouldn't understand, and one that's not too close to home.
Allow them some space and freedom. If I'm not mistaken, they don't like cats too much either. So don't try to make your
cat-hangout the fairy garden.
Dogs are okay.

And seriously, I think an artificial fairy garden does nothing to attract fairies, if nothing else, I think it will sooner repel them.
But that's my gut feeling.
If you want one of those, don't make them where you want real fairies to hang out. Just make the artificial one close to your
home or patio, so you can see it. It's basically just eye candy, so make sure you see your eye candy from your living room/patio.
Make the real fairy garden a bit further from home. Allow them privacy, invite them, respect them, don't invade their space.
Ask permission to enter their domain before you go there.
Also, a hawthorn is a good one, but ... remember they can get VERY big, either tall or wide, depending on the space it's got.
And you cannot move it or cut it down.
If you happen to have one in your garden, it's the right place to make the centre of the fairy garden, or to sit and communicate with them.
Old 29-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope33
This is adorable, Treehugger!
Have you spotted any little creatures in your garden yet?

My faerie door is now completely hidden by foliage. I have added a few shiny pennies that I had used for a new moon ritual as I heard faeries like shiny things but I try not to disturb the foliage. We also have a pond that is now lush with summer greenery too.

I have not seen anything specific, but, as FairyCrystal mentioned, faeries do not like cats and one of my cats, who always hung out in the foliage by the birdbath, was completely spooked by something and was clinging to our screen door to go inside. Who knows......