Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 22-05-2023, 01:43 PM
Master
Purifier Plants.

I made a comment re plants in their role of air purifiers on here I think but the thread seems to have disappeared , it may have strayed into anti-vax territory I expect, but a few interesting things to consider re rainforest removal besides the air purifying effects of all the plant life, many creatures will suddenly be displaced and take any diseases they have to other places, below is a link on indoor plants.

Not just plants though as I know creatures in seas such as mussels and oysters filter masses of water each day.

-------------

The Role of Indoor Plants in air Purification and Human Health in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic: A Proposal for a Novel Line of Inquiry

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...21.709395/full
Old 22-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Master

A good indoor plant for purifying the air is called “Mother in laws tongue”. Don’t know the proper name tho. They only need watering once a week.
Old 22-05-2023, 02:15 PM
Master
Cheers, I'll leave a link here whilst I'm on the computer (cant do it on phone)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracaena_trifasciata

I think I had one of these but it died on me, I often pick orphans up that people have thrown, but I think the frost must have got to it, I have a yucca that is doing great , about four foot high now and healthy, was a bit of stem with leaf growth on when I found it about six year back---a friend grows a lot of spider plants, reckons they good for air purifying too.
Old 22-05-2023, 03:30 PM
Master

Sorry pod I made a mistake saying they need watering once a week. I meant once a month!
Old 22-05-2023, 03:38 PM
Master
I made a mistake tøo,I started this thread in wrong folder-hope one of the mods will transplant it to a suitable spot.
Old 24-05-2023, 10:11 AM
Master

Hi Pods....
An adult oyster can actually filter 50 gallons of water a day !!!!
This is unbelievable.
I was only learning about this the other day !
Old 24-05-2023, 07:04 PM
Master
I heard that too.(I wonder if you can use them as living filters in sal****er aquariams?there used to be freshwater mussels in the ponds behind our house,fairly rare now)-ha ha should have put seawater not salt+water
Old 28-05-2023, 07:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
I heard that too.(I wonder if you can use them as living filters in sal****er aquariams?there used to be freshwater mussels in the ponds behind our house,fairly rare now)-ha ha should have put seawater not salt+water
Oohhh...never heard of that before !!
Quite rare yes I expect in fresh water
( Is salt water swearing ?? )....

Also if you want the thread moving you might need to pm one of the staff. I would move it to nature then you've still got a spot on here for something more personal to you.
Old 28-05-2023, 11:02 AM
Master
Cheers will do that.I don't think I started a thread in here btw the ewpletive is hidden in the word. 'Sal(****)er' we used to see quite a few of those mussels in the ponds and you also got them in rivers,more rounded than sea ones,they put some protection on them as people killed them to get the freshwater mussel pearls,yet when they drained the ponds near us for housing development they let loads die,the stench was awful,they netted the fish and moved them.
Old 29-05-2023, 07:46 AM
Master

Oohhh, I get it now !!! You know by now I'm a bit slow LOL.
( I DO get things........... Eventually!!..)
Ahh that's bad about the freshwater mussels .