Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 31-03-2014, 02:20 PM
SlapMeSassy

Question I 'received' some items 4 years ago...

Ok so basically I don't know quite where I should post this, but this seems like the right forum.

4 years ago my partner and I bought our first house. It was a time warp house, the lady died here and it hadn't changed for at least 4 - 5 decades. Either way the house had been cleared of most of her belongings. There's a tall cupboard built into the living room and one of the first things I did was clean it out so that we had some storage. It was empty, all 4 shelves, when I had finished.

No one had any access to the house, other than us. We had the only key. And no one had been to see it with us. So anyway a week after I'd cleaned the cupboard out we moved in and I went to start putting things in the cupboard and there was a little brown paper envelope sitting on the bottom shelf. The envelope is titled 'Wishing Cork Tree' and has a few paragraphs about the tree written on the envelope.

Inside the envelope were a handful of small items. A piece of wishing cork tree and a leaflet with a poem about the wishing cork tree called 'The Tree of Ancient Magic' by Arthur Cad****. A piece of paper with a phone number. It's hand written and just says 'Phone ******'. I dunno if I should put the numbers up. There's a coin but the surfaces have rubbed off. There is a little amethyst elephant charm with it's tag still intact. It says ' made in czecho-slovakia' (which hasn't existed since 1993) The tag also says ' The Lucky Elephant Always Brings LUCK'. And lastly there is a necklace, it looks like a simple talisman. It looks like an Egyptian thing. It's a circle with a person in the middle. It's from the waist up. They look like they are holding a wand/staff and it looks like they have a scarab on their head as a hat?

I've never done anything with them. Didn't know what to do. They've just been hidden away in a green man jar. I wish I could post photos.

Oh and one other thing a couple of months after we moved in I found a stamp on the mantle over the fire. It has a red and gold angel on it with the words 'hark the herald angels sing'. It's dated 1999 which I think is significant because it was a year in my life that changed me forever. Big upheaval and change came in the new year, the millennium. The stamp doesn't look like it's been used, it's in perfect condition.

Also these items are never far from my mind, I think about them a lot. I Even dreamt I phoned the number a week or so ago, I can't remember what happened. But I haven't dared phone it in reality, I know that probably sounds silly.

So has anyone had anything similar happen? I dunno if this happens to a lot of people. Only 2 people know about these items. Also I'm from the England, dunno if that makes a difference. The tree is/was in England.

Sorry for the essay.
Old 31-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Master
SlapMe--

Now this is interesting. I do a Google search and first thing that comes up is this article in a Wilmington, N.C. newspaper from Sunday, January 6, 1957 describing that there is a man in Devon, England who sends pieces of the Wishing Cork Tree to people around the world who request it.

It says "Certain rituals around it (the tree) date back to the plague in London 1665. [Interestingly, just read a science article that says that they have determine the "Black Plague" (bubonic) was not from fleas of rats at all, but had to be airborne (pneumatic plague). They compared DNA to cases just found and they are virtually identical.]

At that time, people came from all around to walk around the tree three times making a wish--for good health, wealth, etc.

"Fortune favors those who see
'More in me than just a tree
Take my cork
And three times walk
Around my girth
For all to see.'"

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...&pg=984,849648

Maybe this is the poem and leaflet you found with it?

Sounds like you have a series of "good luck charms" accumulated by this woman. This woman either walked around the tree herself or wrote off for a piece of the tree.

Have you called the number yet? Have you checked online white pages? Are there enough digits in the number?

You might look up the necklace under Egyptian symbols. Or it could be a wiccan necklace.

But, all in all, this woman seems to have kept all her "lucky charms" in one place.

I know you said you had the only key, etc. But during sale of places, the realtor often has a key. Is that possible?

Lora

P.S. Are you from Devon, by any chance? That's where the tree is.
Old 31-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Master
I wouldn't have been able to Not call the phone number! I love a good mystery and would follow up on this one, its so enchanting!
Old 31-03-2014, 02:59 PM
SlapMeSassy

Here's the poem that was in the little packet, it's a bit long...

I sing a Devon Village
And Combe-in-Teignhead's fame,
Where they witnessed fire and pillage
When the French invaders came,
For the Frenchmen came in galleys
And they landed from the sea,
And unharmed through all their sallies
Stood an ancient magic Tree,
It is old and great potent,
With this ancient English legend
Of which the wise men talk:

"If once you walk
And twice you walk
Then thrice around the magic cork
The Tree will make your wish come true
A wish for health,
A wish for wealth.
A wish for someone dear to you"

When dreaded plague descended
On stricken London town,
There were London men who wended
Their way to Devon down,
They came to seek protection
Bu walking round the Tree,
And they kept the old direction
And their walks around in three,
And some took back some pieces
And it kept them from all harm,
And YOU may find good fortune
In the magic of this charm:

"If once you walk
And twice you walk
Then thrice around the magic cork
The Tree will make your wish come true
A wish for health,
A wish for wealth.
A wish for someone dear to you"

And we definitely had the only key, we'd completed the purchase on the house a couple of weeks before I had to be out of my flat. And the Realtor said there was only one key.

I wondered if they were the old ladies or maybe someone else's... I really have no explanation for them. I'm pretty certain the ladies spirit was here for a good couple of years. We had a lot of electrical problems while we were doing the house up. Plugs melted, electrical items broke and lights buzzed, all after we'd had the house re-wired. But I think she saw what we were doing was good and she moved on.

Crystalsong - I can't explain, I get nervous at the thought of phoning it which probably sounds ridiculous. But it has been in my thoughts a lot recently... maybe I'll grow a pair and do it soon, I don't know :p
Old 31-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Master
SlapMe--

Might be interesting to do research into who the lady was. I'm thinking that ancestry.com might tell you some interesting things. If you have a name, you could PM me with it and I could research. I've just renewed my ancestry.com account to do some more research on my own. It might have nothing other than her name, but it might be interesting.

Lora
Old 31-03-2014, 03:12 PM
SlapMeSassy

I will try and dig out the property deeds, I assume her name will be on those. Just got to find where they might be filed. Also I read that newspaper article and my piece of cork is from the same man... L.E. Fisher.

I did try and find out about him but I'm not the greatest sleuth and found nothing. I can't even find if the tree is still alive. Might go on a little trip this weekend to Devon... We were trying to think of something to do.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Master
Spirit says you will receive nourishment, abundance if you call the number. And there's something about Asking and Receiving. The words Grounding and were used also...so there's something worth pursuing in this it would seem.

I don't think the Cork Tree is in Devon anymore, when I enquired if it was I was told "Letting Go". So its either dying or all ready passed over.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Master
*words Grounding and Foundation*

I can't seem to edit my posts anymore. Pardon.