Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-04-2020, 02:58 PM
Ascender

thoughts about Evolution and Behaviour.

Hello all.

First and foremost please. The following is not an argument seeking to persuade or ridicule or decry. Just thoughts to share, constructively add to hopefully.

So acknowledging that many do not subscribe/believe in the theory of evolution as put forward by Darwin and-as I believe-other now less well known of his contemporaries and earlier influencers thinking along similar lines.

These thoughts seek only to examine a particular representation which has come to be used as a popular shorthand understanding of that theory.

Survival of the Fittest.

But what is meant by "fittest"?

Perhaps we might venture that in the context of the theory itself, "fittest" means sthg. like "those most able to adapt to changed/changing circumstances in order to continue surviving". ?

And, what determines what sort of adaptation is needed?

These adaptations will evidently vary according to species needs, habitat, etc etc., but will have a common denominator of being in response to a need to change behaviour/manner of function--this need/these needs then leading to adaptive/adapted faculties/facilities developing through selective trial and error which are ultimately able to successfully carry out that necessary behaviour/manner of function--or not.

We cannot I think speak with certainty regarding the "self awareness"of other species. But with regard to our " own" species we do seem to have some measure of "self awareness" which ____should___enable us to predict what sort of behaviour/manner of function we need to adapt to if our current model is seen to be evidently failing.

I think that this is indeed where we are now at. This is where we have lead ourselves to in some ignorance, but which now becomes so very obvious.

The latter opinion I know both voiced and shared by many here and beyond.

petex
Old 01-04-2020, 03:06 PM
Master

What is it that is adapting, what is evolving, what is becoming?

Spirit...Being.

It is consciousness that is evolving and becoming using the vehicle of form.

~ J
Old 01-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Master
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain
Old 09-04-2020, 11:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

What is it that is adapting, what is evolving, what is becoming?

Spirit...Being.

It is consciousness that is evolving and becoming using the vehicle of form.

~ J
A mantra. I will use and reflect on this as a meditative truth. Thank you ~ J And I sign my name in a similar way in my correspondences, ~B

Beautiful, that connective-connection to consciousness experience and feeling.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:11 PM
Master
petex, we are adapting, now, all of us, everyday and in each moment. The eternal soul will survive, every soul will survive and move on to other planes. I would like to know if that’s in line with what you’re saying, because I’m not quite clear.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:02 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity

These thoughts seek only to examine a particular representation which has come to be used as a popular shorthand understanding of that theory.

Survival of the Fittest.

But what is meant by "fittest"?

weareunity,

I consider a very different direction here. The "fittest", IMO, have escaped the cycle of reincarnation....:) Perhaps we are left with the least fit ? I am not sure if I share the optimism of others in regards to evolution. It appears to me that evolution is increasingly pointing to the acceptance of episteme as being the most valid form knowledge as opposed to gnosis.....this runs counter to my belief that access to gnosis would be a genuine sign of evolutionary progress. Our currents 'progress' seems to lead to a robotic age which is largely depersonalized.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:42 AM
Ascender

Hello Baile and Molelearner.

Thanks for your interest and participation.

The thoughts as occurring to me seem more derived from common sense in the here now and immediate future rather than being derived from any particular belief. More about how we need to behave in association with the process of existence as a practical necessity-- now--without thoughts of how doing so may/may not be classified with reference to ideas concerning spiritual frameworks, realms, etc.

Thoughts on this matter as occurring to others may very well be differently derived, and if only because of the great number of us who seek guidance from such derivation are just as worthy of consideration as those arising from what may be described as common sense.

It may well be that we arrive at similar conclusions as to how we need to behave,-- convergence of a belief in the possibility with an understanding for the need of now apparent necessity.

Hope this makes sense.

Good wishes to all.

petex
Old 12-04-2020, 11:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello Baile and Molelearner.

Thanks for your interest and participation.
You are welcome and no probs, that's what we're here for! :)

Okay got it. petex, my first thought is the human race has been in a survival of the fittest place of consciousness for all of recorded history. Who wins in the world, has always won? The rich, the powerful. Because they can beat down the poor and the powerless. In that sense yes, I have no doubt the world will return to normal soon, and nothing will have changed in that regard. The rich and powerful will be (and currently are) the ones who will be best able to survive these global disruptions.

The conversation I was leading towards was one in which we look at how the soul itself is affected by all this. And not from any particular spiritual belief philosophy, just as a general observation as it pertains to our collective evolution.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:03 PM
Master
I’ll add that my spiritual path is practical spirituality. So I do recognize your observations are relative and important, and we can have a “spiritual” discussion without mentioning words like soul. I’m not pushing an agenda and am happy to stick with your stream of thought and inspiration, and discuss from that perspective. Again, no probs, I’m easy!
Old 12-04-2020, 12:09 PM
Ascender

Hello again Baile.

I hope I have not seemed dismissive of the sort of conversation of which I think you would like to share. I would like to learn of such thoughts. As mentioned, this time seems to me to be a time of convergence regarding sources from which we may find inspiration and motivation as we all go forward. Cheers.

petex