Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-06-2020, 11:58 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
I would go if my Beloved and our Chihuahua wanted to give it a try with me, since we stick together when we go out. Also, space travel seems somehow familiar, you know?
Oh I do know Bob. Why go in a rocket and risk lives and grief when we can go without any risk!
Old 05-06-2020, 04:37 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Oh I do know Bob. Why go in a rocket and risk lives and grief when we can go without any risk!

My sense is that sometime in the relatively near future it will be a more common ability among humans to project consciousness into the celestial realms while awake (rather than just during nightly excursions).
Old 06-06-2020, 09:27 AM
Elfin

Quote:
My sense is that sometime in the relatively near future it will be a more common ability among humans to project consciousness into the celestial realms while awake (rather than just during nightly excursions).
Hi Bob.. couldn't agree more . There is a definite "shift" in awareness. I sense it, I feel it, I know it, I smell it. I feel it's all going in the direction it's meant to be going in because of what is yet to come , to unfold. This of course is only my perspective on things!
Old 06-06-2020, 08:41 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Hi Bob.. couldn't agree more . There is a definite "shift" in awareness. I sense it, I feel it, I know it, I smell it. I feel it's all going in the direction it's meant to be going in because of what is yet to come , to unfold. This of course is only my perspective on things!

We're creating the world to come right now, even as the old world is dying, we're sprouts of green, after the forest fire.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The bolded jumped out for me, Busby.
I never knew this about you, that I remember anyway.
I did have to look hard to see ...'Did I write this?' Lol.

Cosmic Consciousness is an amazing thing - it elevates us, common people, to heights the great saints
and mystics of all cultures experienced.

It takes a child into the wisdom his soul knows and just left!
I do tend to think our past lives of God-focus paved the way.
Cuz we both know, as children we didn't 'deserve' such blessings, nor all
the other many many Divine moments when the Doors of Perception were inexplicably opened to us,
seeing this that we see is not real, at all.
I think we both were lead to find out what is.

I've just come across this thread again. It is one that really should be continued and discussed until exhausted.

I think that many of us, and this has been shown by general questionnaires, occasionally 'pop our heads' above the everyday level of consciousness and have experiences which don't really belong to physical existence. Some of these moments seem to be pointless or hardly worth mentioning - these moments people call 'synchronicities' which can be so banal that the mind quickly disposes of them. These moments are where our feedback to the universe momentarily becomes sensed.

World literature has many reports of people's minds rising above their everyday mind level and showing something unbelievingly overwhelming.
Let me tell you a story - true of course - but one which shook me to my very core.

My wife died in 2009, we had been together since 1959 - 50 years. Clearly I was heartbroken but had to get on with living. One odd thing occurred almost straight away. I told my sons that I needed a new flat, I needed to downsize and be somewhere new. I told them this one morning, only days after my wife's death. On the same day in the afternoon I had a lovely new flat, almost a copy of the one in which we had spent so many years together. Somehow, I'm sure, my wife arranged this…(there were other things too).

In 2012 I decided to take a holiday, on my own for the first time. I chose Sicily as a destination and booked a coach trip taking ten days. The trip was by road and ship so we went through the alps down into southern Switzerland where my wife and I had spent many a holiday - mainly rambling. As the coach passed through this part of the world memories crowded my brain and I became quite unhappy, waiting painfully for the coach to cross into Italy and get me out of the state of unhappiness I was in.

Once in Sicily, a lovely place, we coachers travelled to a new place every day. Then came the day when our trip was to Mount Etna. Here I have to say that both my wife and I had spent many winter months on the Canary Islands and loved these volcanic islands madly. Especially Lanzarote. As the coach made its way up towards the higher reaches of Etna memories of our volcanic holidays returned to torment me and I again fell into a very unhappy mood, wishing I wasn't there and filled with despair.
I had a good seat on the coach and a good view so imagine how I reacted when I saw a single Graffiti on a wall (built of lava stones) - there were three words, 'Busby ti amo' (my real surname of course, not Busby), as said there were no other graffitis around this, the graffiti was on its own, and I immediately reacted. My mind opened up. I can only put it like this. I saw the whole universe and how past, present and future are all the same thing. I understood the great correlations between the micro and the macro cosmos, I understood that I was part of a great scheme of things where everything no matter how minute plays its role in this thing we call life. I was flabbergasted. As it happens the coach went back down the same way so I was able to fake a photo of the graffiti.

I'll never forget that.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Standing at the school bus stop with my 6 year old firstborn on the first beautiful warm spring day of the year, and I was in my element. It was unusually quiet and peaceful for that time in the morning and I was just enjoying the moment. But a little voice beside me popped up beside me saying "it's not real mummy" !!!!! I asked him "what isn't?".... At which he held his arms out and looked all around him and said "all of this.. none of it... It's just a dream.. we only wake up when we die.." .... My mind was of course blown away by this statement. I asked him if he had learnt it at school or someone had told him? .. "no" he replied........ "It just is..."

Babies are born oozing love with their light shining brightly. That is why we adults are so attracted to them. They live in the moment and are not complicated by the past or future. But eventually most humans leave the divinity in their heart and go to reside in their head.

The path of the head is so sophisticated by the dual nature of physical existence, unlike the divinity within us which is so very simple. In orientating ourselves to this world we lose, or leave, much of our divine perspective, which leads us on a search to find ourselves again. Creation is so simple that a new born baby can grasp it.

The spiritual experience is extremely fine, and our physical existence is coarse. It becomes even coarser when we start defining things, and defining ourselves. So we go on a quest to find ourselves, and acquire that fineness once again. It is there with us even now, regardless of our age or what we have been through, the same as it was on the day we were born.

Every out-of-body experience I have had confirms a greater, more dynamic reality beyond this physical world. Every experience has been indescribably beautiful and overwhelmingly intoxicating with a love that surpasses understanding. Over there the life which we have lived here definitely seems like a faint dream. The experience removed from a human body feels more real than the experience we have in a human body.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 07-06-2020, 11:30 AM
Elfin

Quote:
We're creating the world to come right now, even as the old world is dying, we're sprouts of green, after the forest fire.
Beautiful. I totally agree.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:34 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I've just come across this thread again. It is one that really should be continued and discussed until exhausted.

I think that many of us, and this has been shown by general questionnaires, occasionally 'pop our heads' above the everyday level of consciousness and have experiences which don't really belong to physical existence. Some of these moments seem to be pointless or hardly worth mentioning - these moments people call 'synchronicities' which can be so banal that the mind quickly disposes of them. These moments are where our feedback to the universe momentarily becomes sensed.

World literature has many reports of people's minds rising above their everyday mind level and showing something unbelievingly overwhelming.
Let me tell you a story - true of course - but one which shook me to my very core.

My wife died in 2009, we had been together since 1959 - 50 years. Clearly I was heartbroken but had to get on with living. One odd thing occurred almost straight away. I told my sons that I needed a new flat, I needed to downsize and be somewhere new. I told them this one morning, only days after my wife's death. On the same day in the afternoon I had a lovely new flat, almost a copy of the one in which we had spent so many years together. Somehow, I'm sure, my wife arranged this…(there were other things too).

In 2012 I decided to take a holiday, on my own for the first time. I chose Sicily as a destination and booked a coach trip taking ten days. The trip was by road and ship so we went through the alps down into southern Switzerland where my wife and I had spent many a holiday - mainly rambling. As the coach passed through this part of the world memories crowded my brain and I became quite unhappy, waiting painfully for the coach to cross into Italy and get me out of the state of unhappiness I was in.

Once in Sicily, a lovely place, we coachers travelled to a new place every day. Then came the day when our trip was to Mount Etna. Here I have to say that both my wife and I had spent many winter months on the Canary Islands and loved these volcanic islands madly. Especially Lanzarote. As the coach made its way up towards the higher reaches of Etna memories of our volcanic holidays returned to torment me and I again fell into a very unhappy mood, wishing I wasn't there and filled with despair.
I had a good seat on the coach and a good view so imagine how I reacted when I saw a single Graffiti on a wall (built of lava stones) - there were three words, 'Busby ti amo' (my real surname of course, not Busby), as said there were no other graffitis around this, the graffiti was on its own, and I immediately reacted. My mind opened up. I can only put it like this. I saw the whole universe and how past, present and future are all the same thing. I understood the great correlations between the micro and the macro cosmos, I understood that I was part of a great scheme of things where everything no matter how minute plays its role in this thing we call life. I was flabbergasted. As it happens the coach went back down the same way so I was able to fake a photo of the graffiti.

I'll never forget that.
Beautiful and emotive account Busby . Just lovely. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Babies are born oozing love with their light shining brightly. That is why we adults are so attracted to them. They live in the moment and are not complicated by the past or future. But eventually most humans leave the divinity in their heart and go to reside in their head.

The path of the head is so sophisticated by the dual nature of physical existence, unlike the divinity within us which is so very simple. In orientating ourselves to this world we lose, or leave, much of our divine perspective, which leads us on a search to find ourselves again. Creation is so simple that a new born baby can grasp it.

The spiritual experience is extremely fine, and our physical existence is coarse. It becomes even coarser when we start defining things, and defining ourselves. So we go on a quest to find ourselves, and acquire that fineness once again. It is there with us even now, regardless of our age or what we have been through, the same as it was on the day we were born.

Every out-of-body experience I have had confirms a greater, more dynamic reality beyond this physical world. Every experience has been indescribably beautiful and overwhelmingly intoxicating with a love that surpasses understanding. Over there the life which we have lived here definitely seems like a faint dream. The experience removed from a human body feels more real than the experience we have in a human body.

Peace and Good Journey
Hi...absolutly beautifully said. I cannot add to that... You have said it all...Thank you...
Old 08-06-2020, 11:58 AM
Elfin

When babies speak we listen. Why ? Because we are so overwhelmed with their first words, their development, and we delight in that. If they go on, as toddlers , to "tell" us things , we listen even more. Who do we do that with on such a scale ? Not teachers, parents, politicians ....... Just babies and toddlers .