Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-06-2020, 05:46 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
Ironically, the Catholic doctrine considers the age of 7 as "the age of reason", which in effect means that the child would be conditioned enough by the prevailing reality/morality descriptions to be able to differentiate the nominal "right & wrong" behaviors in that culture. Some mystics claim to have gone beyond reason, which historically may have put many of them at odds with the dominant culture's protocols in that regard -- the same cultures habitually rhapsodizing on the innocence of little ones. This is cognitive dissonance, a commonly shared malady of the perceptual/interpretive mechanism.
Hi.. my children were brought up in the Catholic faith ( I myself am not Catholic) . And yes, by age 7 recieve their first holy communion... The experience I had of a child up until the age of 7 having "knowledge" and then losing it was my firstborn. The things he told me from age 2 to 7 would blow you away. Talks of God (age2).. past lives(age3) ..life not being real , just a dream ( age 6).. and throughout his life, during illness his absolute total fear of bombs. If he got poorly he would get a fever, and his terror during this was being blown up by bombs. Or he dreamt of bombs. I was the only one he trusted. When the war on Iraq was declared, and he saw the news report his first question was " mummy, will they drop bombs on us?"... He was terrified. Then age 7 it all stopped.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
If he got poorly he would get a fever, and his terror during this was being blown up by bombs. Or he dreamt of bombs.

I had horrible nightmares of walking through a nuclear landscape -- the fires. I attribute this to propaganda of the day (early 1950's), and the constant A-bomb drills involving hiding under our desks that we were forced to endure. Ironically, the world today is even more threatening -- I have no doubt all of it contributes to endless neuroses among both young and old. This is Fear's heyday, but it will pass.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:00 PM
Elfin

Quote:
I had horrible nightmares of walking through a nuclear landscape -- the fires. I attribute this to propaganda of the day (early 1950's), and the constant A-bomb drills involving hiding under our desks that we were forced to endure. Ironically, the world today is even more threatening -- I have no doubt all of it contributes to endless neuroses among both young and old. This is Fear's heyday, but it will pass.
I used to have terrible dreams about nuclear fallout. In my dreams I could see the "mushroom"... And the only way to survive was to subverse under water .. so I would put my children under the stream, and I would sheild them, but my back would not be completely covered and I knew I would die, but my children would survive.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:13 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
And the only way to survive was to subverse under water ..

Water had that attraction for me too. My favorite comic book character was Aquaman. I wanted to be able to breathe underwater, but I could only do it while dreaming. When I tried to do it in a pool, I was unable to do so, which was frustrating, but it helped me to understand about living in limitation. I enjoyed learning how to fly at night too, although when the class ended after a number of years, I rarely flew anymore while dreaming (at least as I recall).
Old 04-06-2020, 08:22 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Water had that attraction for me too. My favorite comic book character was Aquaman. I wanted to be able to breathe underwater, but I could only do it while dreaming. When I tried to do it in a pool, I was unable to do so, which was frustrating, but it helped me to understand about living in limitation. I enjoyed learning how to fly at night too, although when the class ended after a number of years, I rarely flew anymore while dreaming (at least as I recall).
.... And isn't that strange.. because in real life I can only swim under water...not on top!!! ..and in my dreams ( or otherwise) I flew over the sea so often. It was a recurring dream.i would run off a cliff and then be flying over the ocean. And the ocean was always the same. A colourful patchwork quilt , but it moved like the waves, and I had that same feeling in my tummy like you get on a rollercoaster!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:28 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
.... I flew over the sea so often. It was a recurring dream.i would run off a cliff and then be flying over the ocean.

My final exam in that flying class had me fly over to the Rock of Gibraltar, then turn like a swimmer, and push off from its cliff to glide out over the sea. I was very gratified when the test went without a hitch. Good times!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:37 PM
Elfin

Quote:
My final exam in that flying class had me fly over to the Rock of Gibraltar, then turn like a swimmer, and push off from its cliff to glide out over the sea. I was very gratified when the test went without a hitch. Good times!
Lovely. And yet all I can do now is paddle on the edge. I used to like flying. I have flown everywhere ..across the sea, across the city, to the universe...and have never flown in real life !!!!!!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:42 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Lovely. And yet all I can do now is paddle on the edge. I used to like flying. I have flown everywhere ..across the sea, across the city, to the universe...and have never flown in real life !!!!!!

By comparison, it's a bit melodramatic in the physical, but I'm a sky-gazer so any chance to go up through the clouds is an opportunity.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:50 PM
Elfin

Quote:
By comparison, it's a bit melodramatic in the physical, but I'm a sky-gazer so any chance to go up through the clouds is an opportunity.
Would you go up in a space rocket in real life? I would be too frightened... But my soul would be there quick as a flash whenever the mood takes lol.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:58 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Would you go up in a space rocket in real life? I would be too frightened... But my soul would be there quick as a flash whenever the mood takes lol.

I would go if my Beloved and our Chihuahua wanted to give it a try with me, since we stick together when we go out. Also, space travel seems somehow familiar, you know?