Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Administrator
Being and Open Channel to Spirit

Hello

I found what Innerlight said very interesting so I have taken the comments here where more might find them useful as well.
Thread is http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=52179

"Lots of things pop up in my head at first. I have to break through the chatter until It becomes more coherent. Or perhaps it's my logical mind trying to analyze it." Innerlight

This is what we do, what our brains are made to do but we might have lost over time much of that instict that had to at one time also serve us to survive. The mind chatter is very much real, and at times its not all from us we all pick up external vibrations of other's thoughts and energies or even that of the other side. The logic of the mind is that part that when I am working with one's on teaching medium abilities to open up more and flow is the part we want to quiet. Its like stepping outside one's self and just getting the information needed nothing more. Takes time and patients but most of all trust in just letting one's self go blank for but a moment in time.

"One of my biggest setbacks in my use of my gifts, is of a fear of basically being an "open channel." To where I have voices and spirit coming into my life 24/7. To where I get no downtime or rest. So I keep myself blocked and shut down most of the time. Until I actively use my gifts. Instead of allowing my gifts to be the way they are. Probably slowing my ability to fully use my gifts properly. " Innerlight

I feel we are born into whom we are, I do not that for sure, only can go on how I am and how others are that share in the same types of things I can experience. Most I know call in the ability when they need it and that is how they work. There is a time and place they work. Or they get the radom flashes and just are good with control and passing them off.

For me I came in with "the light switch on" is how its been described and I had no upbringing foundations of understanding to maybe learn differently. I now understand it better since I have three kids all like me. Its something we do come in with and we come in open. From there we hope we find our footings and have help along the path to do so.

What is rest lol....I honestly do not know what that would be or real down time. I can read about it and hear others talk about it but its rare I find it even in meditation. That too is fine I function fine and am happy along the day. Its how I am and I embrace that part of me fully now. I would not say its a bad thing to not open fully, not all that is out there is good, and it does take an emotional tole at times.

"I would imagine that not every place you visit is open to what you do, and some may even think you are bringing the heebie geebies to an area with you.. LOL. At least such things are starting to be come more common these days. As ghost shows seem to be the norm on tv now." Innerlight

Here is where being Empathic comes in, and that psychic side of me serves me well, where as many that are a Medium are not fully open to read and work with the living on the same levels. I feel everyone has the same abilities but we just do not all open to use them. I do not do as some do on TV go around telling people whom is with them and I know that Spirit too understands that. I know when I can say something and when its best to let it sit. Knowing that there are many ways a Spirit can pass the message needed if I open the door a jar a bit for them without going OK tell them someone is there.

When in England even though I felt way more "normal" there I too did not open that door always. Its a public and private side of me. I know when I can be open on all levels and when I have to 'seem normal'. Yes there is fear or lack of compassion's out there at times, and skeptics in an audiance if I take the stage to do platform open floor work. I am always open to what comes to me. I know I am "odd Lynn" and I embrace that fully.

When it comes to the TV shows some are entertainment purposes only but what they are and have been doing is opening the doors to one's being able to be and do the work more freely they are called to do. I was called to be whom I am, or I would not be so willing to do it as I am head strong stubborn to the bone.

This brings me to being an open channel.....we all are open to receive and give out energy but we too are able to use our brains to help us with that balance. Being told at the age of 6 "NEVER" and it was yelled at me talk about seeing dead people....I should have shut down. I never did I still sought answers and I would be sneeky in how I went about what I could do. Not the best laid plans I played in it all.

Many say they would like to be like me....be careful what one wishes for as intentions at times come to be true. Being open all the time means even on the thrown I am not alone....at times. Being open means one does not get much sleep, meditations must be guided and never done alone. I see it all with Spirit so that means how they went and I can feel it all at times as well. One has to be emotionally ready for this and physically able to balance the weight it places on one's shoulders.

I am sure there are others here that might well be struggling along the path with abilities they have, and talking about it is the best of the best.

PS so blessed that dang show "Ghost Whisper" has gone the say of the DoDo Bird....I got tired of being asked "are you like her, see things how she does", well yes....

Lynn

Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Master
I also find what I say to be very interesting. Of course, I am impartial. :)

This is what we do, what our brains are made to do but we might have lost over time much of that instict that had to at one time also serve us to survive. The mind chatter is very much real, and at times its not all from us we all pick up external vibrations of other's thoughts and energies or even that of the other side. The logic of the mind is that part that when I am working with one's on teaching medium abilities to open up more and flow is the part we want to quiet. Its like stepping outside one's self and just getting the information needed nothing more. Takes time and patients but most of all trust in just letting one's self go blank for but a moment in time.

If I relax, the mind chatter goes through the roof, and I know it is external. As it's things that make no sense to me, are completely random, and have nothing to do with anything about me or what i've thought. It's like when I relax, my body tunes into the unseen world around me. My visions are like that to. Completely random, and making absolutely no sense.And they are very fast.

I feel we are born into whom we are, I do not that for sure, only can go on how I am and how others are that share in the same types of things I can experience. Most I know call in the ability when they need it and that is how they work. There is a time and place they work. Or they get the radom flashes and just are good with control and passing them off.

For me I came in with "the light switch on" is how its been described and I had no upbringing foundations of understanding to maybe learn differently. I now understand it better since I have three kids all like me. Its something we do come in with and we come in open. From there we hope we find our footings and have help along the path to do so.

What is rest lol....I honestly do not know what that would be or real down time. I can read about it and hear others talk about it but its rare I find it even in meditation. That too is fine I function fine and am happy along the day. Its how I am and I embrace that part of me fully now. I would not say its a bad thing to not open fully, not all that is out there is good, and it does take an emotional tole at times.

When I was younger I was more open. Until an experience, scared me and closed me down. When I was five I was laying in my room. And a head that had no body came rolling into my room. Scared the living heebie geebies out of me.. From that moment on, there was not much activity from me. I used to have what i'd call "hallucinations" when i was younger.. But that died off as well. I also grew up in a very religious environment, and taught the same thing kids were taught then. It didn't exist. Ghosts weren't real. If I meditate, it all starts coming through. Mostly images and pictures. Like i'm just flipping tv channels.

England is also more open to such things, than say USA, which is more religious dominant. So that is also a plus. Being in an environment that understands and accepts you. While we have shows like, Ghost Hunters, that are great in opening people to the realities of it. I also think they don't fully teach the proper things. To where you get people that want to be the next ghost hunter and go trudging into some cemetery. Without taking proper precautions, and learning the respect that those spirit deserve.

I don't think I would want to be "open" to it all the time. As I would want a break from time to time. And not have them bothering me, as you said "on the throne." Of course I think I can probably open up more to allow in more. I guess a happy median is needed..
Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 PM
sesheta

I have been able to "pick up things" ever since I can remember....But I am also lucky in that I grew up in a family where such things were almost considered "normal"...There have been several females in my family (both sides) that have abilities. Which leads me to wonder if these types of gifts/abilities can somehow be "passed on" or genetic??
I will say that I am glad I don't have that channel open all the time for me - either that, or it gets so caught up in my own mental chatter that I just don't always notice it, lolol!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Gracey

When I was five I was laying in my room. And a head that had no body came rolling into my room

I had the exact same experience, but at a different age.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I have been able to "pick up things" ever since I can remember....But I am also lucky in that I grew up in a family where such things were almost considered "normal"...There have been several females in my family (both sides) that have abilities. Which leads me to wonder if these types of gifts/abilities can somehow be "passed on" or genetic??
I will say that I am glad I don't have that channel open all the time for me - either that, or it gets so caught up in my own mental chatter that I just don't always notice it, lolol!

As far as I know, within my family, I am the only one.. Though my sister does say she is able to do some stuff, unwittingly.. We've only spoken about it recently. Outside of that, I don't know any on in my family to be able to. But I don't know how far that goes within the family, or if it was hidden from people. Not public knowledge.

It's possible for me that it gets caught in my own mental chatter as I only hear within myself. I don't hear externally. I only hear internally. And it's pretty much in my own voice. There is not a distinction, other than I will use phrases and expressions I don't normally use. That usually make me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
I had the exact same experience, but at a different age.

I don't know the exact age, but know it was between 5 and eight. It scarred the stuffing out of me. And have not had an experience like that, in the waking world. I suppose, it's possible I was awake in my room in a dream. But it's a moment that has stayed with me some 26 years. The only other time I had something like that. Was walking down the street and seeing some little metallic ship type thing, almost like a Zeppelin, flying in the air.. I remember running home after that.

But after that, I had a few hallucinations where I'd see something that wasn't there, but then would happen. I'd see it, and it would be a real as day.. But it wasn't a reality.. Then it would become one. That gift, also, did not last long either.. But, I didn't have any other experience like the head since the one time. Outside of my crazy dreams that is.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Gracey

I don't know the exact age, but know it was between 5 and eight. It scarred the stuffing out of me. And have not had an experience like that, in the waking world. I suppose, it's possible I was awake in my room in a dream. But it's a moment that has stayed with me some 26 years. The only other time I had something like that. Was walking down the street and seeing some little metallic ship type thing, almost like a Zeppelin, flying in the air.. I remember running home after that.

I never did fear anything, except for the time when i was 8 years old, my mom just put me to bed and shut the door. i felt someone tap me on my shoulder. been afraid of the dark ever since. fear is debilitation.

But after that, I had a few hallucinations where I'd see something that wasn't there, but then would happen. I'd see it, and it would be a real as day.. But it wasn't a reality.. Then it would become one. That gift, also, did not last long either.. But, I didn't have any other experience like the head since the one time. Outside of my crazy dreams that is.

Did seeing the future happen before it did scare you?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Master
I never did fear anything, except for the time when i was 8 years old, my mom just put me to bed and shut the door. i felt someone tap me on my shoulder. been afraid of the dark ever since. fear is debilitation.

That would certainly scare me. The head without a body was the first time, something like that had ever happened to me. So, it naturally startled me. Things like that. We not common in my house, as my mom always sheltered us from things like that. Growing up I had never really seen scary movies. Unless I saw them at a friends. So it was a new experience. Nor, was I really seeing things like that before. Of course it was also the last time. In my later years when I worked to develop said gifts, I have been able on rare occassions see full body appiritions.. Which always catch me off guard because they happen in the sleep/awake state where you are discombobulated.

Did seeing the future happen before it did scare you?

No, because it was never far into the future. It was usually within the day that it would occur. So I would see that it happened first, and then realize it didn't happen, which would always confuse me, and then it would happen.. Perhaps today it's tied into the remnants of the deja vu I experience on an almost daily basis.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:56 AM
Gracey

That would certainly scare me. The head without a body was the first time, something like that had ever happened to me. So, it naturally startled me. Things like that. We not common in my house, as my mom always sheltered us from things like that. Growing up I had never really seen scary movies. Unless I saw them at a friends. So it was a new experience. Nor, was I really seeing things like that before. Of course it was also the last time. In my later years when I worked to develop said gifts, I have been able on rare occassions see full body appiritions.. Which always catch me off guard because they happen in the sleep/awake state where you are discombobulated.

My mom protected us from scary stuff too. She said i was fearful from day one, she conditioned me not to be and i wasn't until the tapping that day. then the dark got spooky in my imagination. When i asked her about one of the spiritual things that i experienced, she told me not to fear because our fear grows when we feed it.

No, because it was never far into the future. It was usually within the day that it would occur. So I would see that it happened first, and then realize it didn't happen, which would always confuse me, and then it would happen.. Perhaps today it's tied into the remnants of the deja vu I experience on an almost daily basis.

I bet you expiernce this more because you do not fear it.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:35 AM
Master
I bet you expiernce this more because you do not fear it.

More than likely. I don't "see" as much, as I probably block it from happening.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 AM
Gracey

More than likely. I don't "see" as much, as I probably block it from happening.

Why do you block it?