Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-08-2012, 10:13 PM
sahaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin:
8-25-2012, 01:35 AM Post #454

"Every religious genius from Krishna to Buddha to Christ to Mohammed had the direct experience of enlightenment in one form or another. In later generations, their followers traded in the hard work of realization for systemizing, interpreting, and expanding the master's original, simple, and direct teachings. In the process of creating "orthodox dogma," the actual experience of "drinking the water of enlightenment" is replaced with arguing over water rights."
Oh that's a good one! Do you know the authors name by any chance for attribution? It's nice to be able to state the source when possible.
Old 26-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Master
In my current understanding , " knowledge" as part of information from other being including all thier experiences , nature , discovery etc is only could be a factor of own self realization and acceptance NEVER the cause ...in Buddhism all the cause to self acceptance is resulted from own self experiences , understanding , realization by being awake .
In my experiences discussion with others , I found out that the attacment on text , knowledge , culture , teachers is very often being used as basis of faith , many attached themself to this faith and never incline to challenge this faith .........many just live into this faith which is resulted from their own desire or creation .
Buddhism is to me is all about exploration into the un-known and continue to challenge the known ....to find "own self" ....faith is perhaps is limitation to this process .
Thks
CSEe

Last edited by CSEe : 26-08-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 26-08-2012, 04:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
In my current understanding , " knowledge" as part of information from other being including all thier experiences , nature , discovery etc is only could be a factor of own self realization and acceptance NEVER the cause ...in Buddhism all the cause to self acceptance is resulted from own self experiences , understanding , realization by being awake .
In my experiences discussion with others , I found out that the attacment on text , knowledge , culture , teachers is very often being used as basis of faith , many attached themself to this faith and never incline to challenge this faith .........many just live into this faith which is resulted from their own desire or creation .
Buddhism is to me is all about exploration into the un-known and continue to challenge the known ....to find "own self" ....faith is perhaps is limitation to this process .
Thks
CSEe

It's true, there is buddhist philosophy which scholars study and learn very well, and there's the practice of Buddhism. Buddhists have methods of meditation which they practice. According to the texts, Guatama Buddah taught meditation method and also spoke about the theory behind the practice.

If you are a practicing Buddhist, only then can Buddhism be discussed meaningfully.
Old 26-08-2012, 05:54 AM
Master
Hi Gem , sorry in advance I cant find any common sense to " Practice Buddhism" or to " be a Buddhist" . In my current understanding each being whether living or non-living is already in a a natural process to accept and free ownself to be pure and empty back to the original state before polluted ...this process is Buddhism to me therefore regardless whether one know " Mr siddharta' finding " or not still all is already in this process . Therefore all being is " Buddhist" to me .
in my current understanding , Buddhism is never about practicing , meditation , chanting etc .....and nothing is associated to this process .
one can always limit their choices to choose what to be Buddhism after all is just part of one own learning process .
Meditation or any method practice by Mr Siddharta is perhaps one of trillions ways to self realization , perhaps that is his way but we should explore any other way fit in our realization .
Thks
CSEe
Old 26-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Gem , sorry in advance I cant find any common sense to " Practice Buddhism" or to " be a Buddhist" . In my current understanding each being whether living or non-living is already in a a natural process to accept and free ownself to be pure and empty back to the original state before polluted ...this process is Buddhism to me therefore regardless whether one know " Mr siddharta' finding " or not still all is already in this process . Therefore all being is " Buddhist" to me .
in my current understanding , Buddhism is never about practicing , meditation , chanting etc .....and nothing is associated to this process .
one can always limit their choices to choose what to be Buddhism after all is just part of one own learning process .
Meditation or any method practice by Mr Siddharta is perhaps one of trillions ways to self realization , perhaps that is his way but we should explore any other way fit in our realization .
Thks
CSEe
And this is all that most of us were saying right through this thread.
Old 26-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Thks
CSEe

Ok there's no buddhism then, people made it all up.
Old 26-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Rin

Quote:
Rin ..if you think that way , sincerely it sadden me .I really hope you stay and debate , you are a great source for me to learn .
Rin.......why dont you ask me any question about Buddhism or start a topic for us to debate ?
Thks
CSEe
OK, let's start with something very simple as you had numerous experiences about it.

How do you feel, feel, FEEL about you getting banned from various Buddhist forums? What kind of feelings and thoughts about yourself and others arise when this happens, not once, not twice, but 9 times already IIRC?
Old 26-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahaja
Oh that's a good one! Do you know the authors name by any chance for attribution? It's nice to be able to state the source when possible.
Richard Young, Pathways Counseling Center
Old 26-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
And this is all that most of us were saying right through this thread.

Okey .
Thks
CSEe
Old 26-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Ok there's no buddhism then, people made it all up.

In my current understanding , Buddhism is the natural process where all beings regardless living or non-living evolved , transformed to release its polluted energy to be pure and back to the original state before polluted - emptiness . The understanding of this natural process were introduced to mankind by Mr Siddharta and known as Buddhism .
So Buddhism to me never man made or created by Mr siddharta but it is the natural process understood by him and introduced it to mankind .
Thks
CSEe

Last edited by CSEe : 26-08-2012 at 02:57 PM.