Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-03-2013, 03:03 PM
TeeHee

Jude mentions Enoch

Jude 1:12-16

Quote:
These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

New Testament writers confirm their words by doing so with quotations from the Old Testament. They use it as the word of God. So the question is, when Jude refers to Enoch as sacred Scripture, and uses it exactly as a prophet, how are Christians to regard Enoch?
Old 18-03-2013, 04:12 PM
I don't know, but Enoch is one of my biggest inspirations.
Enoch? Who's that? I can hear some 20 yr olds or non Christians asking.

Well, he was so loved by God...God just swooped him up to be with Him.
God couldn't wait for him.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Master
Enoch was a prophet who wrote an apocalyptic book accepted by the Jews but not Christians,

Jesus even quotes from the Book of Enoch. How dare the Church delete this. So ridiculous. They deleted it because the "Son of Man" in this story is pictured to being a creation of God preserved in Heaven become he becomes the historical messiah.

The Church Fathers didn't like this because Enoch is basically saying that Jesus and all souls pre-exist in heaven.

Enoch was so amazing that he transformed into a higher being called Metatron.

Christians should regard him as one of God's best sons. Enoch was a Son of God who manifested the same type of consciousness that was in Jesus of Nazareth.

Some historians believe Enoch, Thoth and Hermes to be the same individual. And mystery schools consider Enoch/Thoth/Hermes to be the "Initiator". This soul initiated our planet into the "Redemption story". Because of the Adamic symbolic fall, Enoch his descendant reversed the spiritual consciousness of the planet to move upward instead downward.

He was a Christ before the Christ of history.
Old 20-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Eben

There is a Book of Enoch, you should read it sometime.
Old 20-03-2013, 03:57 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Enoch was a prophet who wrote an apocalyptic book accepted by the Jews but not Christians,

It should be noted that nearly all of modern Jewry rejects any of the books of Enoch as canonical. Which is partly why most Jews lack a duelistic in regards to evil, and see Satan as a function of God, rather than a rebellious angel, as shown in Enoch and early Christian tradition, which read Enoch along with other apocalypses.

The Orthodox Tewahedo Church of Ethiopia regard Enoch as canonical, but they're unique in that regard.

As for the OP. I've not read Enoch entirely yet, so I'm not going to pass judgment on it's use to modern Christendom. Although I think it's bizarre motifs can be dangerous in the hands of some interpreters. Another reason I sympathize with some Church Fathers who denied the Revelation of John canonicity - it can be tricky to handle, hermeneutically.