Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-03-2013, 05:58 AM
Master
Mother Mary

I just posted a response in "women" thread. I wanted to share my personal views with Mother Mary of the Gospels.

I personally do not think the story of Virgin Mary is to be taken literally. After reading the author and scholar Crossan on the infancy narratives I come to a similar conclusion. The virgin birth was mainly to draw in the attention that Jesus is Lord of earth, not Caesar Augustus- also born of a virgin. They took this pagan story for this reason.

I would like to add the deeper and more esoteric meaning of Mary.

Mary is seen as someone greeted by an angel as a young girl. Told she will conceive a child. She questions God because she is not yet wedded and that she is not worthy. She conceives the child and Joseph becomes the father.

Mary is seen here as a pure, innocent, unmerited girl with no honor or shame. Honor and shame were two sides of ego in that world. Mary is just a matter of fact. She has nothing dualistic about her. She is just pure of heart. Her mind is so pure that she conceives a "divine thought" and here we have the Angel speaking to her within her own consciousness. Within her mind the thought tells her she will conceive a child.

Here we have a divine thought of superconsciousness (an angel) speaking to her everyday virginal carnal consciousness. It is virginal because she is pure of heart in her everyday life. And so she prepares herself for the incoming soul of Light and she conceives with Joseph at a very young age, too young in her eyes, the promised child. Joseph was apprehensive because he believed she was crazy and too naive to be a mother. And so they have Jesus their firstborn son.

The story of a naive, pure of heart, holy woman who conceives because of the promptings of her own Exalted consciousness. And so in the story God is able to send his messiah into the Jewish world because of this Woman's greatness, purity, and absolute love. That is the message in my opinion.

Read this article-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006....commentisfree
Old 15-03-2013, 12:22 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777

Here we have a divine thought of superconsciousness (an angel) speaking to her everyday virginal carnal consciousness. It is virginal because she is pure of heart in her everyday life. And so she prepares herself for the incoming soul of Light and she conceives with Joseph at a very young age, too young in her eyes, the promised child. Joseph was apprehensive because he believed she was crazy and too naive to be a mother. And so they have Jesus their firstborn son.

Of course, nowhere in Scripture does it say what you have shared. It is your own belief from outside and the result of some extra Biblical readings or rather imagination....

If Jesus was the offspring of Joseph, He would not of had claim to the legal rights to the throne of David. Jeremiah 22:28-30:

Quote:
Is this man Jehoiachin a despised, broken pot,
an object no one wants?
Why will he and his children be hurled out,
cast into a land they do not know?
O land, land, land,
hear the word of the Lord!
This is what the Lord says:
“Record this man as if childless,
a man who will not prosper in his lifetime,
for none of his offspring will prosper,
none will sit on the throne of David
or rule anymore in Judah.”

No king of Israel could then be a descendant of King Jeconiah.

Joseph was from the line of Jeconiah. Jesus would have been of the cursed lineage.

Matthew 1:12:

After the exile to Babylon:
Jeconiah was the father of Shealtiel,
Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel,
Old 15-03-2013, 01:07 PM
I could never imagine what really happened.

Doesn't change anything for me if none of the theories or scriptures are true.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Master
Of course same here Hepburn.

I am just trying to visualize what was going on in a human woman's life in that era. We tend to think of these people as the "Icons" they have become. We even make them holier than thou when in fact holier than thou doesn't even mean the person is truly holy.

I always imagined Mary as someone extremely naive, shy, uneducated, quiet, extremely altruistic, nonjudgmental, open minded, but also doubtful, old fashioned, very earthy, very much home-like, not interested in spirituality or things of the other world. She is very much of this world- the mother, the life, the nurturer but her consciousness was so much on the Other Side- able to commune with spirits and Angels.

It is a weird complexity but that is how I see her. And I always felt that the virgin birth makes no sense unless you believe "sex" is the original sin when in Judaism it wasn't. The real sin in Judaism was power and violence. Protestants and post-Enlightenment turned it into sex. So for me there seems to be no reason to believe in the "virgin birth" except that God sent Jesus into Mary as his direct report- but I can't see why a virginal conception is needed. It wouldn't change anything biologically or mentally for Jesus. And Mary still wouldn't pass on original sin because she was a pure mother raising her son to be pure too.
Old 15-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Good post Ammy777.

I love the mystical, supernatural idea of the Holy Spirit's energy
Activating Mary's ovum...that's egg, I think.
Its so obvious it was made up as so many people point out, tho.
And I don't mean to anger anyone, but that prob will.
For the record if someone believes frogs are red striped...I have no arguments.
What do I know.

If the HS impregnated Mary then Jesus would directly BE God's son.
It isn't even in the Bible at all I'm told. Or was it added I forget.
I see Mary as u describe her also...the details of things I just have no clue!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru