Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 26-03-2024, 07:45 AM
Seeker

adviata vs neoadvaita

Is there any difference between neoadvaita and advaita? Do you know for example Tony Parson or Naho Owada and Rupert Spira and Francis Lucille view? Its seems that they disagree with each other. Below my opinion.

Old 27-03-2024, 03:48 AM
Master
Interesting topic.

In my view, whatever labels we may assign or whatever tradition we resonate with, essentially the direct recognition of truth is in singularity whilst mind is in duality. The ego, if we look at it as an interface, is needed to navigate earth life, so I’d say, don’t negate it but rather instrumentalise it, use it as and when needed.

In my case, I think non-dual teachings, Advaita Vedanta or even the shortcut Neo-Advaita, they are concepts that point out to the truth, like a map. The actual terrain is life, as it unfolds moment to moment and so perhaps what matters is our response and choice to refine our consciousness in the immersion offered.
Old 27-03-2024, 05:53 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
In my view, whatever labels we may assign or whatever tradition we resonate with, essentially the direct recognition of truth is in singularity whilst mind is in duality. The ego, if we look at it as an interface, is needed to navigate earth life, so I’d say, don’t negate it but rather instrumentalise it, use it as and when needed.

Well said. Do you belive in god?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 27-03-2024 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 27-03-2024, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niemamniee
Well said. Do you belive in god?
Belief is a function of mind
Old 27-03-2024, 07:27 AM
Seeker

right, so what your mind says about god? ;)
Old 27-03-2024, 08:08 AM
Master
Quote:
right, so what your mind says about god? ;)

I do not rely on lower mind and dwell mostly in silence. Thought is only an instrument to be used when needed. That said, we live in body so conditioning is inevitable, however if we continue looking at form from a centreless fulcrum, in time, blissful nonchalance sets in.

About God, let us rest that for a while and look at ourselves instead. Clearly, there are two of us in here, one is narrow identity or ego and the other, for lack of an apt expression, is formless awareness, unchanging ~ it dies not get affected by aging and circumstances.

What is this awareness? We cannot use mind to ascertain it, since mind is both limited as well as dualistic. So we rest in silence, in effortless, thought rested meditation. Where is identity in silence? Nowhere. It disappears.

Silence connects awareness to singularity. Of course there are in between stages, manifestations, sounds, experiences, wisdom downloads, even void experiences and so forth. Then, samadhi. What is samadhi? Samadhi is simply a transmutation of consciousness wherein we become the current, the omnipresent life force. We do not experience the flame, we become the flame. What flame? Bliss.

Then we return to form through an unknown mechanism. Mind analyses but analysis is paralysis. Still, since we have directly seen, been and become, there remains no doubt in our dualistic mind even. However, what is imbibed is not assimilated yet. We can call this flickering awareness. Oscillating.

Deeper yet, we see we are the Self, all is Self. What is Self? God. A singular consciousness which we are, albeit without identity. Limitless, boundaryless.

What is there to be said about this? Nothing.
Old 27-03-2024, 08:40 AM
Seeker

I dont how answer with words so a made a picture :)
Old 27-03-2024, 08:59 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Clearly, there are two of us in here, one is narrow identity or ego and the other, for lack of an apt expression, is formless awareness, unchanging ~ it dies not get affected by aging and circumstances.
And who are you to see those two? You must be third ;p
Old 27-03-2024, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
And who are you to see those two? You must be third ;p

I’m not into debates
Old 28-03-2024, 04:30 PM
Master

advaita

Quote:
Is there any difference between neoadvaita and advaita?

First let me summarize what you are trying to say .
1. Neo advaita say emptyness - zeroness is everything
2. Advaita says oneness -fullness is everything .
3. And sage-like says 0=1 does not exists .
4. As a corollary neither neoadvaita or advaita does not exist .

Now here are my comments .
1. Statement 1 is contextual . Every material thing is incomplete and not one . And hence empty or so to say 0 . This is perfect and nothing wrong with it .
2. Statement 2 is fundamental eternal truth - Everything - material and spiritual combined is complete , full and hence One full . The Universe and world within consists of spiritual as well as material things .All combined makes it one full and recognizing all these we experience the fullness . This statement too is true .

3. Statement 3 too is correct .Any one with lope-sided view (materiality or spirituality alone) is incorrect and unscientific and not in the flow of reality or God . Only the one with holistic view is in tune with God and world under the influence of God .

4. If anyone believe conclusion 4 , its wrong . Life is the oscillation from 0 to 1 and 1 to 0 and we need to be in tune with it. And one need to devise one's life according to it with more orientation towards fundamental truth (as embedded in statement 2 ) for better life experiences for one and all for all the time everywhere.