Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 19-02-2024, 06:53 AM
Master
Ewwerrin, Okay, so this is more description of my first experience of what I have come to know as “cosmic consciousness.” First of all it happened unexpectedly; I do not know what I did to trigger this experience, it just happened suddenly. I was standing on the beach at Monterey, California one night, very quiet inside, and my awareness began to expand. It happened very quickly and without warning. It was not gradual.

I almost instantly found myself seeing from a multitude of places; looking down from the sky, up from the ocean, and from under the ocean, one with the land and trees, the air, etc, My physical body was still on the beach. There was no judgment, no assessment, no fear, and absolutely no emotion or thoughts. It was extremely peaceful. My perspective changed to “all is well throughout creation,” everything was in harmony and I was in harmony with everything. Then suddenly my awareness contracted and I found myself back in my physical body on the beach looking through my physical eyes.

It was an experience of my awareness being like a ball, a transparent globe which expanded in all directions at once, maintaining an expanded globe like presence which I was. I feel that I am my awareness, or at least I feel we live and have our being in our own awareness. The second time it happened, same as the first, suddenly and without warning or expectation. I did not expect for it to happen nor did I seek it to happen. Only this time my awareness expanded beyond this earth and I found myself one with the planets in outer space. No fear, no emotion and no thoughts. Just observing what the planets in our solar system were observing, which were other planets.

Again, a very deep feeling that all was well and there were no worries. No logic, no reasoning, just a quiet luminescent translucent expanded awareness far removed from everyday human consciousness. I can not say how long these experiences lasted and I do feel they transcended time and space. Using logic, reasoning, and dualistic premises to understand non-duality, in my opinion, just won’t work. The laws of physics are different in non-duality than they are in duality. In non-duality two, or more, things can occupy the same space at the same time, while this is not true for duality. Cosmic consciousness is an experience of non-duality,

Trying to make sense of it using logic and reasoning is faulty because it transcends logic and reasoning. Non-duality is largely unknowable to the human mind. It can not be codified. Understanding is part of human existence while faith is part of spiritual existence. It has to be because logic and reasoning are dualistic; the human mind is fraught with pros and cons, compare and contrast, and other dualistic concepts, while non-duality is a oneness; it is not comparable to anything, and while we may understand physical existence with our mind, spirituality requires a knowing in our heart. In my opinion.

Intuition verses reasoning, and often intuition can be unreasonable. In my opinion that which I refer to as God is unreasonable; that is to say it can not be reasoned; it often does not make sense. that is where faith and trusting the process of life comes in. Reasoning is good for concrete things but spirit, including awareness, is the soft invisible force to the human eye which can overcome all other forces. Again, this is my rather long opinion.
Old 19-02-2024, 06:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Ewwerrin, Okay, so this is...
... this is my rather long opinion.
Wow. thank you so much.

That is so perfectly written and with such clarity. I think I finally understand now. You put major puzzle pieces for me. Thank you so much.

You are like a hero for me now. Everything you said clicked something for me. Things I've been trying to understand.

I really really appreciate you sharing this. Thank you.

Especially decoding the radical nonduality message in another topic of mine, it now feels like someone, you, explained it to me in the best most understandable possible of ways. Truely wonderful and awe inspiring. Thank you.