Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Master
That's the best idea I've heard, Neville. Conscious daydreaming can lead to more, or be an event in itself.

Xan

Old 06-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Master

That is a good idea Neville.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Master

As I said, if you are able to relax your body and mind, (your body and mind does not always want to relax) then you should be able to ap. I have been able to relax lately but the trouble is I have been falling asleep. Oh well, I will keep trying. I think eventually I will get there. I have day dreamed to but that does not always work.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Master
suzy... Maybe you're not getting enough rest, and your need for it may have increased lately, so your body goes to sleep every chance it gets. Just a thought.

Xan

Old 11-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Master

That is possible Xan. Something occurred to me the other day. There are times when I am too confident. I think I will not fall asleep and I fall asleep. Other times I think I will wait for my body to get more relaxed and then I will start counting. I noticed that my body is not that relaxed and before you know it I am asleep. I think when my body starts to get more relaxed, my mind gets more relaxed at the same time and I fall asleep. I have decided not to wait too long to count even if I am not that relaxed otherwise I just fall asleep. I will breathe slowly in and out, long breaths about 10 times then I will start counting. I will only do that method when I go to bed. When I practice during the day I do not count. I just try to get more and more relaxed.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Master
suzy... I think having a regular practice that you stick to works better than always adjusting it. This trains your subconscious mind to do what you want it to.

Xan

Old 11-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Sangress

I've already replied to this post, but thought I'd give it an update.

I find that everyone ap's in different ways. I think the trick to doing it is to find that conscious action/thought that "clicks" with your instincts and causes you to ap.

I usually don't ap unless I have a purpose because my instincts tend not to react until they absolutely need to (maybe I'm naturally lazy, or just used to conserving energy.) So by focusing soley on what I need to do I usually slip out of my skin immediately.

Clearing the mind and staying calm is a must for this kind of thing (my one track mind helps in that instance, heh) and not having any real expectations of the event because that can cause anticipation and drag a persons senses back to the body repeatedly. It's important to keep in mind that we are separating from the physical body, so anything about the physical body that is distracting (like pain, emotions, any sensations really) are things a person needs to overcome.

These days the only times I have trouble aping is when another individual or situation (like my environment) is getting in the way of my focus or restraining my will in some way. I find rest and patience is the best medicine for ap troubles, getting oneself worked up about it really kills a lot of chances of aping (unless your instincts react to anger in a constructive and controlled way.)