Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Zann

Question What physical sensations do you experience before AP?

Hi All,

Curious to know what physical sensations others experience right before leaving the body. I've heard of vibrations, rocking, etc. and wondering how to progress beyond them as I find myself stuck at this point pretty often.

Also, lately I've been waking up in a dreamy kind of state and realizing I can see through my eyelids, but can go no further than this. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Pathfinder
when l was young and could do ap when l lie down n relax l would always get a sensation that started in my minds fore eye right in the middle of my fore head then it would travel all over my body it was a weird feeling x
Old 10-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Master
Zann... It sounds like time for you to learn more about AP... what you may experience and how to handle it best, and what you can do with ap ability.

Here are some learning resources:

Astral Projection Resources - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...2529#post32529

240 AP Questions Answered - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=15702

Xan

Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Master

Zann when you are lying there and can see through your eye lids that means you can ap if you want to. I do not see it as a problem. I think when that happens it is wonderful. It has only happened to me about two or three times. You can spiritually get out of yourself. I have done that. If you do not want to do that you can say I am going over to the door or wherever you want to go to or you can imagine yourself rising or imagine yourself somewhere else.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Zann

Thank you for those great resources Xan! :] I was really overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information there is on AP at first, and I've been perusing this stuff for years, but from what I've read it all seems to come down to a few basics...RELAX! Relax, relax, relax your body and mind and let go of your fear. Well I've definitely got the relax part down, maybe a little too much since I fall asleep a lot, hehehe. Realized though I am holding onto some fear that is holding me back, so hopefully meditating on it will help me out in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Zann when you are lying there and can see through your eye lids that means you can ap if you want to. I do not see it as a problem. I think when that happens it is wonderful. It has only happened to me about two or three times. You can spiritually get out of yourself. I have done that. If you do not want to do that you can say I am going over to the door or wherever you want to go to or you can imagine yourself rising or imagine yourself somewhere else.

Astralsuzy, I'll try that if it happens again. I've read that if you can somehow get farther away from your body in the astral realm it will help with being pulled back and moving like you've had one too many, lol. I had that problem the very first time I ever AP, just thrashed around like a fish out of water.

Since you guys seem to have more experience in this area, could you tell me what it feels like once you're free of the pull of the physical body? Is it like walking around normally, I mean? Sorry for all the ?s
Old 11-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Aquatic_Dragon

Zann, I had a feeling of loss of weight the last time I left my body, that was all I could remember.

And Xan these are great resources to read, thank you.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Master
You're welcome, Dragon and Zann.

Xan

Old 12-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann
Since you guys seem to have more experience in this area, could you tell me what it feels like once you're free of the pull of the physical body? Is it like walking around normally, I mean? Sorry for all the ?s

Questions are always welcome here, Zann.

Out of body you feel lighter, without the density of the physical.

If you're walking around normally you are in a dimension close to the physical. As you go higher, forms have less and less earth-like qualities and more subtle feelings and presences.

William Buhlman's book "Adventures Beyond the Body" is great for describing his remarkable experiences at many levels. As well as books, it's available as a free pdf file at:

http://api.ning.com/files/nTSdV*CY*ywIHIm4D8CbwwHEN7RF9bXkD6C3pIfU-eo_/Adventures_Beyond_the_Body.pdf

(edit: I don't know why this isn't appearing as a link but you can copy and paste.)

Xan