Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 07-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Master
Question A Boring Soul Connection?

Hello there, I was wondering about something that is upsetting me. I hope you can help with some answers to this.

Can a soul connection be boring?

I guess that the natural answer will be something liike: "no, a true soul connection should be really interesting, fun and full of love, blah blah blah".

Then why there are some connections that turn into a boring relationship or something like that.

Is it that being dragged into a boring relationship is something natural? Or does it mean that the connection is being lost and it's approaching to its end? Or does it mean that you are not meant to be with that person at all in the first place?

Then my final question is, what is boredom? Is it a psychological illness? Can it be cured?

A little background, I have already a passion in my life, but my previous partners didn't like it, should I have to find a partner who really likes my passion as well, in order to not get bored or get them bored? I also like another things like reading, listening to music, movies, hanging out to the bar, but my passion in life is the real thing to me, it is like my core, and if I can't share it with my partners, then the relationship turns into something kinda gray, like 50 shades lol just kidding.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Master
I don't really know what you mean by "soul connection".
It's become very fashionable these days to be with a soulmate, Twin Soul and even Twin Flame. But the latter doesn't happen all that often.
Apart from that, even if a partner is a soul connection, it doesn't mean you're meant to be in a love relationship or to remain in that love relationship. Mostly you get involved with them in whatever form to learn.

Anywho ... you get bored easily, make sure you got stuff going on in your life. If your partners tend to easily become boring to you, ask yourself if they've changed after you gotten involved or not. Have they stopped doing things they used to do when you met?
If so, why did they stop doing those things?
If they haven't changed, why did you feel attracted to them in the first place? If it was the fact they seemed quieter, stable, relaxed, (or whatever it is that now makes them 'boring' to you), I spose you can say that that type of man doesn't work out for you.
So why do you fall for such men? Can be anything and everything. Maybe expectations from parents, or seeing someone get hurt by a more 'lively' man, so you steer clear from them.

All in all, I'd say you need a man who's got things going on in his life and who's not going to give those up just because he's in a relationship.
Hobbies ... a partner doesn't have to like your hobby, as long as they let you enjoy it. Within reason of course. By which I mean stuff like; if you spend 80% of your collective income on your hobby, it's kind of understandable your partner starts to object. Or if you like to paint graffiti on furniture and walls, I think it's logical your partner isn't happy with that either, lol.

I think you just haven't found the right partner yet :)

And getting bored ... I just call it "Needing variety." I need food for thought. I also know I need a partner who can keep up with that (mentally), so he needs to have some brains. I need personal freedom as well, so if a guy expects me to spend each and every evening on the settee with him, slouching as we watch a movie, no way! I'm gonna get irritated, bored etc.
I don't mind a guy being a bit calmer so to speak, but I do need him to have things going for himself so I can do my own thing as well.
Maybe you're the same? A matter of finding the right guy. And a couch potato ain't it!

Good luck!
Old 07-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Suspended

What do you feel is boring with the connection? Can you describe some of the feelings you are experiencing?

I believe it is certainly possible to have soul connections (be they romantic ones or not) where each person has different interests, but still feel a strong connection to each other. There is nothing wrong with a little diversity. It is helpful when both people involved are on the same soul level, you will feel a pull to one another, but again you don't have to be exactly the same as far as interests/hobbies go.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
Then why there are some connections that turn into a boring relationship or something like that.

Is it that being dragged into a boring relationship is something natural? Or does it mean that the connection is being lost and it's approaching to its end? Or does it mean that you are not meant to be with that person at all in the first place?
Just guessing but it's probably because the couple aren't sharing enough (activities/interests) together. You need sharing to make a relationship grow (as well as free time on your own or elsewhere).

Quote:
Then my final question is, what is boredom? Is it a psychological illness? Can it be cured?
With me it's usually a listlessness, an inability to contribute anything to the moment, or by way of my oft-feisty views, being sidelined in a discussion/gathering/party. The cure is to do something different - new romance - or a nice cup of hot chocolate.

Quote:
A little background, I have already a passion in my life, but my previous partners didn't like it, should I have to find a partner who really likes my passion as well, in order to not get bored or get them bored? I also like another things like reading, listening to music, movies, hanging out to the bar, but my passion in life is the real thing to me, it is like my core, and if I can't share it with my partners, then the relationship turns into something kinda gray, like 50 shades lol just kidding.

Well, if your relationship turns into 50 shades of grey and you're still bored, become a monk!!
Seriously, are you willing to let a partner share in your passion? Are you open to having your passion broadened?

Old 09-03-2016, 01:33 AM
Newbie ;)

I personally don't think this has anything to do with the partner but it is more about you.

When you say you are bored. What need of yours isn't being fulfilled??
Does this current partner fulfil any of your needs and if he feels some and not the others. How can you fill those needs that aren't being met. Is this 'boredom' really a gap within you that feels empty and you feel that it needs to be filled up. This can actually indicate maybe a tendency toward personality disorder

Its unrealistic to expect one person to meet all needs and well honestly a person needs to be able to fill their own needs first and then the partner can top those up willingly without expectation from the needer. Hope that makes sense.

On another note. Sometime when soul connections become boring or dull. It can mean that you have learnt everything you needed to learn from that connection. If you feel a pull towards another person, that often is a sure sign that you have more to learn about yourself and a few more lessons in the making. Maybe the current soul connection can no longer provide those lessons to you.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:42 AM
Ascender
Boredom is tiredness, so if you're implying that a relationship is boring, it's either a loving relationship or friendship. If a romantic partner turned "boring" then it means the spark was lost. What's boring you OP? Is it your partner/friend?
Old 09-03-2016, 04:57 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
Hello there, I was wondering about something that is upsetting me. I hope you can help with some answers to this.

Can a soul connection be boring?

I guess that the natural answer will be something liike: "no, a true soul connection should be really interesting, fun and full of love, blah blah blah".

Yes, u need to find a partner who has the same life path/passion with yours, in the same soul group.
sometimes they may not even realize that yet, but u will feel the potential to help them wake up that.
the hobbies such as music, movies, hanging out dinner etc can't determine the real passion/path. there must be something much deeper than that.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Just guessing but it's probably because the couple aren't sharing enough (activities/interests) together. You need sharing to make a relationship grow (as well as free time on your own or elsewhere).

With me it's usually a listlessness, an inability to contribute anything to the moment, or by way of my oft-feisty views, being sidelined in a discussion/gathering/party. The cure is to do something different - new romance - or a nice cup of hot chocolate.

Well, if your relationship turns into 50 shades of grey and you're still bored, become a monk!!
Seriously, are you willing to let a partner share in your passion? Are you open to having your passion broadened?

Hi Lorelyn good day

At this point, I've considered becoming some kind of priest or monk lol it's funny you said that.

Maybe it's not a good idea to share my passion with my partner, I haven't thought about the consequences, they might be either positive or negative, I'm gonna meditate about this.

Maybe I'm no partner material or something
Old 11-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSassy4883
I personally don't think this has anything to do with the partner but it is more about you.

When you say you are bored. What need of yours isn't being fulfilled??
Does this current partner fulfil any of your needs and if he feels some and not the others. How can you fill those needs that aren't being met. Is this 'boredom' really a gap within you that feels empty and you feel that it needs to be filled up. This can actually indicate maybe a tendency toward personality disorder

Its unrealistic to expect one person to meet all needs and well honestly a person needs to be able to fill their own needs first and then the partner can top those up willingly without expectation from the needer. Hope that makes sense.

On another note. Sometime when soul connections become boring or dull. It can mean that you have learnt everything you needed to learn from that connection. If you feel a pull towards another person, that often is a sure sign that you have more to learn about yourself and a few more lessons in the making. Maybe the current soul connection can no longer provide those lessons to you.

The thing here is that I don't know if I have learned all the lessons from this current partner :S how would I know that. I had the same doubt in my two previous breakups and here I am dating a new guy with the same doubts.

And you are right some needs as a partner are not met with this person, maybe I should fly away
Old 11-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by starnight1
Yes, u need to find a partner who has the same life path/passion with yours, in the same soul group.
sometimes they may not even realize that yet, but u will feel the potential to help them wake up that.
the hobbies such as music, movies, hanging out dinner etc can't determine the real passion/path. there must be something much deeper than that.

I do those things with my partner, but I'm feeling kinda bored while doing them, sometimes I just want to be alone in my bedroom, why is this happening?