Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 24-04-2011, 10:09 PM
arive nan

How would/does God reveal/prove his/her/its existence?

This is meant to be a hypothetical question. I myself believe in an omnipresent deity that can be discovered by individuals through subjective experience. I have more than once experienced an awareness of an omnipresent, loving consciousness that we are all a part of. But that is not empirical evidence.

Lately I have been trying to imagine how a deity like this could somehow provide evidence for its existence that is objectively verifiable. It is a hypothetical question, as I said. When I encounter this deity it becomes obvious to me why it isn't doing something like that. But I've been trying to imagine how an omnipresent singular deity would do that, if it did do that.

I'm thinking along the lines of silly things like the words "I am God, I exist!" written with rainbows on the sky in every written language. Or it reveals to some scientists through their dreams that consciousness is a force of nature and its field is created by every single string that everything in the universe is made of, then they test this theory and find a way to detect this field and prove that it is what consciousness is made of and it is in everything. Or perhaps some supernatural being in a visible starts swallowing tornadoes and blocking tsunamis. My own ideas are things along those lines.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Master
Well the sky is the limit in a sense. If God WANTED to prove His existence I'm sure He could find a way. But to do so without the use of miracles is much more difficult. God would have to resort to miracles to make a big impact.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Pugsley

i think the fact that we live and breath is proof enough... but like Honza said.... the sky is the limit!
when a baby heart starts beating for the first time, without any outside influence.... that there is a miracle! if its not God that makes that happen, what does?
Old 24-03-2012, 04:44 AM
sbjazzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Well the sky is the limit in a sense. If God WANTED to prove His existence I'm sure He could find a way. But to do so without the use of miracles is much more difficult. God would have to resort to miracles to make a big impact.

Wonders can work Wonders too.

http://www.oracleofthephoenix.com/fo...-s-vision.html
Old 27-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Lachoneus

If one believe in creationism, then just look around. There's proof all around that many may take for granted as something commonplace. There's a variety of plantlife, vegetation, the way that the terrein is shaped. Even all variety of life like insects, sea creatures, and all the land animals and birds in the sky. Many Christians believe that this is proof in of itself that there is a God that exists.

There are other christians like the Mormons that believe that not only God but also Jesus Christ and many angels have appeared to people, especially back in the early 1820's through the 1840's.

Then there are some christians like Catholics that see heavenly signs that proves that God exists when many people see images of a particular virgin or saint somewhere whether it be the shape of a cloud or how the grains of a piece of wood or the shape of a tree forms into an image. Sometimes christians can even see Christ himself at times in likewise occurances.

Sometimes, there are people who have a so-called "life after death" experience and sees the afterlife. They most certainly see loved one who past on but whether they have seen God or Christ, I have not heard.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
Old 14-04-2012, 05:44 AM
sbjazzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Unfortunately it requires paying attention. Even Moses has to pay attention long enough to notice the Bush was not being consumed by the fire.

Here's another story that happened last week that's pretty much already been dismissed. I did some digging and found some interesting information.

http://www.oracleofthephoenix.com/fo...ssover.html#67
Old 14-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Gofa

Given God wants to have faith more than most other things. Proving Himself is counter productive
Old 14-04-2012, 08:55 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
This is meant to be a hypothetical question. I myself believe in an omnipresent deity that can be discovered by individuals through subjective experience. I have more than once experienced an awareness of an omnipresent, loving consciousness that we are all a part of. But that is not empirical evidence.

Lately I have been trying to imagine how a deity like this could somehow provide evidence for its existence that is objectively verifiable. It is a hypothetical question, as I said. When I encounter this deity it becomes obvious to me why it isn't doing something like that. But I've been trying to imagine how an omnipresent singular deity would do that, if it did do that.

I'm thinking along the lines of silly things like the words "I am God, I exist!" written with rainbows on the sky in every written language. Or it reveals to some scientists through their dreams that consciousness is a force of nature and its field is created by every single string that everything in the universe is made of, then they test this theory and find a way to detect this field and prove that it is what consciousness is made of and it is in everything. Or perhaps some supernatural being in a visible starts swallowing tornadoes and blocking tsunamis. My own ideas are things along those lines.

Consciousness is only one of the methods of revelation from God. So to is creation. These are called general revelations. Special revelation would entail the written word or Bible, and Jesus Christ.

Your silly things like "I am God, I exists," is not really so silly in light of the philosophical statement such as, "I think, therefore I am." Even God's statement to Moses, in revealing Himself, as "I am that I am," or "He who causes to become."

Regarding an omnipresent being that transcends all space and time, every scale from a molecule or to the vastness of a galaxy, when often people think of this we think that God is present everywhere at every time, but we must consider that although actively involved in any given time and situation, He is not always present to bless with His presence. And also to, God may choose to not be revealed to everyone while present.

Quote:

Faith is verifiable, in the life of the believer. All things when tested according to the word of God, and enacted therefrom, can be verified as True. I also suppose that if Science could replicate things such as evolution, oops, I meant the resurrection and miracles such as dividing the sea, turning water into wine, or walking on water, Science might be God.
Old 21-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Neville

How would/does God reveal/prove his/her/its existence?

Through the Oceans, the breeze in the trees, trees...the stars.. all things.

To me God is a metaphor for creation in its entirity.
Old 23-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Enigmatic Spammos

Here, Jesus answers your question; From Mystical Revelations of Maria Valtorta

Jesus says:

“Many ask me for a sign. What sign? A sign of the hour or a sign of my power?

“You already have the sign of the hour. I repeat, ‘I have not come to change the Law.’ It is you that have changed it. And I do not change my Word. I said what I said. All that had to happen, from the moment I spoke, a Man among men, until the moment I come, God the Son of God, to judge men, is contained in my Gospel.

“It is you, fools with your heads full of a thousand useless noises and perverse thoughts, that no longer understand what I said. Are you not perhaps salted with fire, with that fire which shall salt my enemies eternally? This fire now burning you and descending upon you to destroy you and lead you more and more to blasphemy and heresy is nothing but a foretaste of what the fire will be which I am talking about, destined for the scandalous who are not converted. And you people belong to this group. You are concerned only about the body and unjust riches, and you trample on consciences and al*tars, and profane everything you touch, and you kill Me in yourselves a second time.

“These are the gifts Lucifer - under whose sign you have placed yourselves - is able to give you. The Beast breathes fire out of his mouth after having submerged you in the evil of corruption. These are his gifts. He can give you nothing else. Whereas I had given you, together with Myself, all the treasures of grace.

“Do you want a sign of my power? But I have been giving you this sign for twenty centuries! What good has it been? I have opened upon you the torrents of my graces and from Heaven I have brought them down onto the earth in a thousand and ten thousand miracles. I have cured your sick, subdued your wars, made your af*fairs prosper, responded to your doubts - concerning matters of faith as well - for I know your weakness, which does not believe if it does not see; I have come to repeat my doctrine; I have sent my Mother so that with her tenderness She would bend you to penance and love. What good has it been?

“You have treated Me like an idiot, exploiting my power and my patience, convinced that, after having worked the miracle, I would no longer remember. No, sons and daughters of my pain. Everything is recorded in the great book of my Intelligence, and ink is not used to write therein, but the kindled coal of Love. And everything is re*membered.

“You have exploited the coming of my Mother for human purpos*es; you have made it the object of wrangling and commerce. Don’t you know that Mary is my Temple, and my Temple is a house of prayer and not a den of thieves? Her words - so affectionate, so im*ploring, so tearful, for you that have killed her Son, and you aren’t even able to make such sacrifice bear fruit - have sounded for you like useless ditties. You have continued along your way of perdition.

“You have treated my messengers - the souls that, living as you should all live, have become my criers to repeat once more the word of my Heart - like “madmen” and “obsessed people,” and have some*times killed them, always tortured them. I, too, was called “mad and obsessed” by the adulterous and homicidal generation of my mortal time.

“The sign! You have the sign and it is of no use to give you back my Paternity. No other sign shall be given you. Seek it in my word and in your consciences - that is, if you can still manage to find it alive under the heap of lusts, adulteries, fornications, thefts, mur*ders, envies, blasphemies, and acts of pride by which you have stoned it to death.

“And the Ascension. Before ascending I blessed my Mother and my disciples. I had no others to bless because the others had reject*ed and cursed Me. Now, too, I bless my disciples because the others do not want me and curse over my blessing.”