Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Winston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

It is the sleight of hand (mind) employed by many spiritual gurus, and mentioned previously in this thread.. stipulating the terms of the discussion, false if/then relationships.. the mind has almost limitless potential, until it is distracted by philosophical conundrums, and 'mind-teasers'.. announcing an if/then absurdity then squandering the mind's awesome power for creativity to dazzle itself with pointless distractions, like: is 'time' real?,, or, is Life an 'illusion'?.. or, is 'love' all there is?.. or, well you get the picture.. none of those questions are valid when the mind is still and silent and engaged in clearly experiencing the actuality of 'isness'.. then, there is only a timeless now, and even that is a play on words..

Be well..

Tzu, sometimes there is just no way of convincing a person that the earth is round. He looks outside and sees that obviously the earth is flat. It looks flat. So the only way to show him that the earth is round is to go out and find the edge, and make sure that you go in a very straight line.

These conundrums may be pointless to you, but to another they may be very enlightening. Another person may come to realization when they play with these thoughts in their mind and understand for themselves that these are just words. Today most people make countless assumptions that are false, just as they did when everyone thought the earth was flat. Of COURSE time exists. Of COURSE I am the little ego trapped inside my skull. Isn't it obvious? But show me time. Show me the self. These endeavors have something to teach. They are not mere brain teasers.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
Uhm, i think the logical paradox is well thought thru.
It has similiarity to zeno's paradox of arrow.
Where zeno a greek philosopher claim that a shooting arrow cannot be in motion.

“ If everything when it occupies an equal space is at rest, and if that which is in locomotion is always occupying such a space at any moment, the flying arrow is therefore motionless. ”
—Aristotle, Physics VI:9, 239b5

In the arrow paradox (also known as the fletcher's paradox), Zeno states that for motion to occur, an object must change the position which it occupies. He gives an example of an arrow in flight. He states that in any one (durationless) instant of time, the arrow is neither moving to where it is, nor to where it is not.[11] It cannot move to where it is not, because no time elapses for it to move there; it cannot move to where it is, because it is already there. In other words, at every instant of time there is no motion occurring. If everything is motionless at every instant, and time is entirely composed of instants, then motion is impossible.

I'm pretty sure that when that arrow hits one in the chest,we can safely say it is moving