Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
And this tendency to believe these people that come up with all of these theories, is reminiscient of the Dark Ages State of Mind. When the Common Folk just took the Priests' Word For It, without doing their homework; learning how to READ and taking a gander at the "Infallible Written Word Of God" for themselves.

My argument here is simple. The Mayans for all we know never wrote or passed down orally any sort of "Prophecy". Most likely EVERYTHING we hear about 2012 is pure speculation, at best.

The calendar stone they're basing the theory on isn't even Mayan, and the Mayan elders are apparently getting ticked off because people keep asking them about an apocalypse that they never said would happen. As far as I'm aware, there is no Mayan prophecy of doom. They say the end of the calendar is the end of days, not the end of the world. The last time it happened Cortez invaded and the Mayans rolled over for them because they believed they were the harbingers of their doom. They were because they let them. The galactic alignment that is supposed to cause all kinds of problems has already happened three times this century. We're still in the Dark Ages because we haven't got rid of that mentality. On top f that the Mayans didn't take leap years into account so their calendar is a little skewed anyway.

The other question for me is, has anyone had any info from their guides? Surely there are people on here that are in close contact with their guides, what are they saying about it if anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelley8
Do we some how need to prepare for 21 December 2012 and the Aquarian Era? I am being drawn to hermit life to heal myself and I feel the need to avoid a lot people because i feel super sensitive right now. are there any special dates in 2012/2013 for meditating, healing, rituals..... or whatever for us to make use of all the avaliable energies that are coming in?
I wanna make the most of this but im relatively new to the spiritual journey so i feel a little lost :-0

Well, if it's going to be the end of the world, go down to your bank and get the biggest loan out you can and have a ball but just don't buy any Christmas presents :-) Dates are just dates, and this Gregorian calendar we're using is very artificial. It starts on (supposedly) Christ's birth but nobody is sure when that was. I don't get anything apocalyptic from my guides at all, just that we are where we are meant to be. We are coming to the edge of the precipice but it's not a physical one - the noise that this is making is an example of that. If there is to be an apocalypse then it's Spiritually/conscious-based. We are all here to experience this time (whatever may come) after our own fashion and there's little we can do to prepare other than what we feel inside ourselves. I think the trick is to disconnect from the hype and listen to ourselves. Yes there are changes coming but they're not anything like what is being predicted.

There's a lot of energy being directed at this moment in time, and if I was Spirit this would be one of the ways to do it. Come up with a conspiracy theory about the end of the world and give a specific date, that way much energy (whatever form that takes) gets directed at a specific point. We are the Ones we have been waiting for and in an hidden agenda we're making it happen with all these theories.

There are energy matrices upon energy matrices. Our body is a matrix in the form of the chakras, the earth has one in the form of planetary ley-lines/sacred sites and on up the scale into the higher realms/dimensions. The choice of planet we evolved on is not arbitrary, and if Mercury instead of the earth is the keystone then it makes you wonder if the formation of this solar system is also not so arbitrary.

Being super-sensitive is one of the 'side effects', the raising of the consciousness as we are 'plugged into' the Universal matrix. And it's one of the signs that "the times they are a-changing". Listen to your heart/instinct/True Self or whatever works for you, that will lead you to where you need to be and what you need to do. Just right now I feel energy under-currents but can't quite make sense of them. They are there and things are definitely changing, but I'm not too bothered about what changes may come because I don't want to second-guess anything.

And, Rochelly, if you've never been lost then you've never been found. The Universe knows where you are and is keeping tabs on you, so just enjoy the Journey wherever it may take you :-)
Old 30-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
And, Rochelly, if you've never been lost then you've never been found. The Universe knows where you are and is keeping tabs on you, so just enjoy the Journey wherever it may take you :-)

I like that quote - A LOT : ) Something nice to ponder throughout the day...

Many Blessings all,

QuanKev
Old 01-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumKev
I like that quote - A LOT : ) Something nice to ponder throughout the day...

Many Blessings all,

QuanKev

Thanks, QuanKev, glad it brought a little ray for you :-)

We are here because that's where the Universe needs us, doing whatever it is we're doing. While we feel lost, we're only as lost as we want to believe we are - which is the whole point of it really. This is where duality has its purpose and ceases to become something that we should try and get rid of, like the duality of lost and found. Experiencing being lost means we can experience being found.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Thanks, QuanKev, glad it brought a little ray for you :-)

We are here because that's where the Universe needs us, doing whatever it is we're doing. While we feel lost, we're only as lost as we want to believe we are - which is the whole point of it really. This is where duality has its purpose and ceases to become something that we should try and get rid of, like the duality of lost and found. Experiencing being lost means we can experience being found.

Greenslade,

I agree completely. We are all right where we are supposed to be. I also agree with your thoughts on duality. While it might be true at some level of being that there is no duality - a level much, much higher than we can even glimpse in our human form - the fact is that where we are now does have duality, and it is very necessary. Without it, there could be no cause and effect, no suffering and redemption, no seeking then finding. Indeed, it seems to me that for spirit to be animate at all on our plane of existence, duality is the canvas upon which our life experience and progress is painted.

And I for one don't spend a lot of time thinking about things like this - concepts that always seem to spur a lot of intellectual debate. If I do, I ponder them briefly, and determine whethe or not they benefit my spiritual path right now, right here. And if the answer is "no", then I don't spend much time on them. Because the fact is, I can think whatever I want and come to all the conclusions I want and argue my point all I want - but truth is, I really don't know. And anyone that claims to, well, I am always cautious of such people. All the wise people I have ever known freely admit that there is much they don't know. It sounds paradoxical - but I suppose it's yet another example of the inherent duality in our existence (like the way I threw that in there at the end, after stating that I didn't think about stuff like that? haha!)

Many Blessings,

QuanKev
Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumKev
Greenslade,

I agree completely. We are all right where we are supposed to be. I also agree with your thoughts on duality. While it might be true at some level of being that there is no duality - a level much, much higher than we can even glimpse in our human form - the fact is that where we are now does have duality, and it is very necessary. Without it, there could be no cause and effect, no suffering and redemption, no seeking then finding. Indeed, it seems to me that for spirit to be animate at all on our plane of existence, duality is the canvas upon which our life experience and progress is painted.

And I for one don't spend a lot of time thinking about things like this - concepts that always seem to spur a lot of intellectual debate. If I do, I ponder them briefly, and determine whethe or not they benefit my spiritual path right now, right here. And if the answer is "no", then I don't spend much time on them. Because the fact is, I can think whatever I want and come to all the conclusions I want and argue my point all I want - but truth is, I really don't know. And anyone that claims to, well, I am always cautious of such people. All the wise people I have ever known freely admit that there is much they don't know. It sounds paradoxical - but I suppose it's yet another example of the inherent duality in our existence (like the way I threw that in there at the end, after stating that I didn't think about stuff like that? haha!)

Many Blessings,

QuanKev

Exactly Kev. No duality no.... quite a lot of things. As long as our consciousness perceives separate being in this realm or any other there will still be duality, but for me, instead of trying to get away from it we should be understanding what it does. If everything was light, how would we perceive it and do we perceive it differently because there is darkness? It's been said that once upon a time there was a single consciousness, all alone in the night. Then it did something that changed the Universe forever, it asked the question "Who Am I?" To answer that question it split itself in two so that it could look at itself, and in that moment duality and separation was born - and here we are today. Truth or fairy tale I can see the meaning behind the story, because Life shows us who I Am and who I Am Not.

Thinking about Spirituality? Perish the thought lol, but we all do somewhere along the line even though we say we don't :-). We have been given certain faculties and there is a reason for them. Even ego isn't such a bad thing after all, it's not our worst enemy and before we knew we even had one it was busily doing its job on this plane of existence. How many people can attribute their beliefs to an influence from ego? Pretty much everyone I would say, the Spiritual Journey is about 'I Am' or 'I Am Not'. Life is not an intellectual exercise, it's an experiential one and the whole point of the exercise is difference. It's Spirit's (or at least one) way to manifest, much like the single consciousness that split itself in two. To me your paradox isn't so paradoxical because knowledge and wisdom are two different beasts, knowledge does not always imply wisdom and you can be wise without having knowledge. The scary part is the people for whom it does - or at least they think so.

And is there an awakening if we are not asleep? We are not asleep, we just chose to forget for the duration of this Journey.