Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by alycia
Exactly! Some are growing to see it now, but many aren't.

Some have chosen to take things as they come, some have chosen to get caught up in the hype. But if we truly want the change we have to help make it happen instead of just sitting around waiting for it to happen. There will be changes and for many those changes will remain unseen. The Mayan calendar was right in some respects, the Mayans didn't pick some arbitrary date as the beginning - they chose it for a very good reason. We are coming towards the end of a 10,500 year cycle where major earth changes take place, changes that occur with a frightening regularity according to history.

But in all of this it is the human aspect that's going to make the big difference. If you really want to see changes made then make them. Make them within yourself and start today.
Old 28-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Archangel Ivory

Precession of the equinox
Schumann's resonance
Galactic alignment
Winter solstice
The monatauk experiment and the bump
Increasing solar flares actually a new record "high" recently.
Increased lucid dreams and ESP

And...

Hopi Predict a 25yr period of purification followed by End of Fourth World and beginning of the Fifth.
Mayans Call it the 'end days' or the end of time as we know it.
Maoris Say that as the veils dissolve there will be a merging of the physical & spiritual worlds.
Zulu Believe that the whole world will be turned upside down.
Hindus Kali Yuga (end time of man). The Coming of Kalki & critical mass of Enlightened Ones.
Incas Call it the 'Age of Meeting Ourselves Again'.
Aztec Call this the Time of the Sixth Sun. A time of transformation. Creation of new race.
Dogon Say that the spaceship of the visitors, the Nommo, will return in the form of a blue star
Pueblo Acknowledge it'll be the emergence into the Fifth World
Cherokee Their ancient calendar ends exactly at 2012 as does the Mayan calendar.
Tibetan Kalachakra teachings are prophesies left by Buddha predicting Coming of the Golden Age.
Egypt According to the Great Pyramid (stone calendar), present time cycle ends in year 2012 AD

It's unwise to say that absolutely nothing will happen on the said date.
Just live everyday with hope, faith and curiosity. Nothing is set in stone.
Much Love.
Old 28-04-2012, 04:39 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Archangel Ivory - wow! Thanks for your post - you have certainly done your homework!!! There can be no doubting that something really major is going to occur, very soon now. Of course we won't all suddenly become enlightened but the shift will provide an opportunity for new paradigms to emerge and take hold. So, guess it's, fasten your seatbelts and hope to see you on the other side!?

Old 28-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Experiencer
Archangel Ivory - yes, what amy green said - thank you for the post. It's awesome that you actually listed out all of those prophecies, many of which I have studied myself, and some that I was not aware of.

I too think it is not necessarily wise to simply throw out the wisdom of all these traditions, many ancient, and simply say it's all "hype." And I can even add a few of my own that you didn't include :

- Jesus said (ok, so this one might be obvious, but still) that in those days there would be "earthquakes in diverse places" and that we would see the Son of Man "coming in the clouds with great glory"
- in the Lakota Sioux tradition (as elucidated by the Holy Man, Black Elk) it is believed that soon the Pale One will return and reunite the nations of the earth

So yeah - while I don't buy into the whole "2012 is end of the world" hype, I do certainly think that there is some chance, a very good one, that we will see some major changes in the world, perhaps ecological, or gelogical, or social, or spiritual or all of these - and that they will be changes markedly different, of a greater degree than those we have seen before.

And for someone like me who believes that there are just too many people in too many places with too many distractions to really be able to accomplish what I believe would need to happen to completely turn things around and refocus the entire human race on something other than material reality so that we can evolve spiritually and psychologically as a species - well, this is good news.

I am not saying that we shouldn't be doing all we can now in our everyday lives to "be the change we want to see in the world." I think that is absolutely necessary for anyone walking a spiritual path. What I am saying is that considering there were teachers like the Pale One, the Christ, the Buddha, and many, many others who came and GAVE us the widsom to get it done - even performed miracles to "prove" to people that they were 'legit', and we STILL don't get it, I personally hope that the Universe does give us some kind of help that we as a race don't seem to be able to give ourselves.

To me, the possibility that absolutely nothing major will shift or change, the possibility that it will be solely up to those few of us who do believe strongly to turn things around before we completely use up all this planet's resources, destroying the environment and thousands of species along the way while all the while continuing to grow in population, putting even more strain on already limited resources - that, THAT is truly terrifying.

I for one am hoping and PRAYING that there is something to all those prophecies because I for one am ready to see real, meaningful and lasting change on this planet. I am not afraid to die, and will gladly offer my life if, in doing so, it ensures that the other species of this planet can continue to live and prosper in relative peace as they did for millions of years before we were here can still do so long after we are all gone. We have become as ticks, parasites, on this earth, and I personally believe that pretty soon, the real "scratching" is going to begin. And for those are spiritually fit, there is nothing to fear. In fact, it just might be the most wonderful - albeit difficult - thing we will ever have experienced.

Many Blessings,

QuanKev
Old 28-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Humm

Yes!

I don't know about you all, but everywhere I look around me I see massive change, and the potential for exactly the kinds of changes many predict.

It is an exciting time to be alive.
Old 28-04-2012, 06:11 PM
ciel_perdu

I wrote: ''they will be united in their common hatred towards those who follow God''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatChild
This is from the fear of revelations...

THIS is what I HOPE will die off Forever- the Fear of God even in it's most subtlest forms. ^^

I am excited too- I HOPE things change for the better. Not nervous really because I feel we have been slowly going through our difficult transits these last few years. So yeah, bring it on.

I don't find that the book of Revelation promotes fear. Does the idea of people being hated for walking in the light scare you?

People like to talk about many things that Jesus said, things like love, faith, and sincerity, but they don't want to hear the 'negative' things that he says, things like persecution. Jesus said that he was hated by the world, and if we follow him we too will be hated.
Old 29-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
Please link to the original source stating any so called "Mayan Prophecy".

I challenge anyone here to come up with verifiable proof that the Mayans ever Prophecized anything at all about 2012. I'm looking for something like a link to a website or a book or a research article or ANYTHING that has something like a QUOTE from a Mayan Text or etc that goes a bit like this: "In the time such and such, the world will transform/end/etc."

No more "this guy says".

Anyone?

BTW I hope in the future, people won't look back on The Gregorian Calendar and say: Every December 31st, the Americans/Europeans/etc believed the World Was Destroyed and then Reborn Again on January 1st.
Old 29-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
I challenge anyone here to come up with verifiable proof that the Mayans ever Prophecized anything at all about 2012. I'm looking for something like a link to a website or a book or a research article or ANYTHING that has something like a QUOTE from a Mayan Text or etc that goes a bit like this: "In the time such and such, the world will transform/end/etc."

No more "this guy says".

Anyone?

I can't find the YouTube video I was watching, but it was a lecture on how this guy debunked just about every 2012 theory - not because he was just out to debunk but through plain common sense. Out of all the prophecies that have come and gone, how many have actually come true? And I'm not Nostradamus' biggest fan neither.
Old 29-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I can't find the YouTube video I was watching, but it was a lecture on how this guy debunked just about every 2012 theory - not because he was just out to debunk but through plain common sense. Out of all the prophecies that have come and gone, how many have actually come true? And I'm not Nostradamus' biggest fan neither.

Yes, that makes perfect sense that someone can debunk every 2012 theory. Because it's all based on pure speculation. I am willing to say, that if there was some real Mayan Prophecy that pinpointed this specific time, as either a Destruction of the Earth or Transcendence of Our Souls or What Have You, then we would have all heard about it by now. But what do we see? Charlatans coming up with Wild Theory after Wild Theory, and Fear Mongering! Which is backed up by what exactly? Nothing. Of course, I could be entirely wrong here, we'll have to wait and see.

And this tendency to believe these people that come up with all of these theories, is reminiscient of the Dark Ages State of Mind. When the Common Folk just took the Priests' Word For It, without doing their homework; learning how to READ and taking a gander at the "Infallible Written Word Of God" for themselves.

My argument here is simple. The Mayans for all we know never wrote or passed down orally any sort of "Prophecy". Most likely EVERYTHING we hear about 2012 is pure speculation, at best.

Not to mention, what MANY believe to be the "Mayan Calendar" actually dates from AZTEC Civilization. And to top it all off, experts can't even agree *what* it is exactly. In other words they cannot even agree that it IS a Calendar.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_sun_stone

"The exact purpose and meaning of the stone is unclear. However archaeologists and historians have proposed a number of theories and it seems likely that there are many aspects to the stone."

And

"Despite being known as a "calendar stone," modern archaeologists such as those at the National Anthropology Museum in Mexico City, at which the stone is housed, believe it is more likely to have been used primarily as a ceremonial basin or ritual altar for gladiatorial sacrifices, than as an astrological or astronomical reference"
Old 29-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Rochelley8

Do we some how need to prepare for 21 December 2012 and the Aquarian Era? I am being drawn to hermit life to heal myself and I feel the need to avoid a lot people because i feel super sensitive right now. are there any special dates in 2012/2013 for meditating, healing, rituals..... or whatever for us to make use of all the avaliable energies that are coming in?
I wanna make the most of this but im relatively new to the spiritual journey so i feel a little lost :-0