Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Experiencer
Spiritual Bondage

For those seeking a Way out of the bondage you believe you're in...
Take your time in reading this..its all right here right now.

ARRIVAL
“Is the path to enlightenment difficult or easy?”
“It is neither.”
“Why not?”
“Because it isn’t there”
“Then how does one travel to the goal?”
“One doesn’t. This is a journey without distance-Stop travelling and you arrive.” Anthony de Mello

BLINDNESS
“May I become your disciple?”
“You are only a disciple because your eyes are closed. The day you open them you will see there is nothing you can learn from me or anyone.”
“What then is a Master for?’
“To make you see the uselessness of having one.” Anthony de Mello

LIBERATION
“How shall I get liberation?”
“Find out who has bound you,” said the Master.
The disciple returned after a week and said, “No one has bound me.”
“Then why ask to be liberated?”
That was a moment of enlightenment for the disciple who suddenly became free.
Anthony de Mello

Who wants spiritual liberation but those who believe they’re bound?
What happens when you drop this belief?
Is not belief itself bondage?

There is no such thing as spiritual bondage, only bondage to the belief of being in bondage.
Belief itself is bondage, belief is attachment, attachment is bondage.

Everyone alive is already abiding as their true nature and is already free.
You cannot not be free.
You are free to believe you’re bound, which reveals that you are free.
If you are free to believe you’re bound, this proves that you’re free.

Who was it that first told you you were bound, and why did you believe them?
Perhaps this was your own thought and you believed it?
How do you know absolutely that the belief that you are bound is absolute?

What exactly is it that binds you? And binds you to what?
Bondage and liberation are results of imagination, deceptions and illusions.
There is no such thing as spiritual bondage and thus no spiritual liberation.

“There is only one cause of unhappiness: the false beliefs you have in your head, beliefs so widespread, so commonly held, that it never occurs to you to question them.”
― Anthony de Mello

DREAMS
“When will I be enlightened?” “When you see.” the Master said.
“See what?”
“Trees and flowers and moon and stars.”
“But I see these every day.”
“No. What you see is paper trees, paper flowers, paper moons and paper stars. For you live not in reality, but in your words and thoughts.”
Anthony de Mello
Old 18-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Master
i no im on my rd on hear u cud say

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 18-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Experiencer
This is beautiful. I read something similar:

"And so it is that we often conceive of the path to enlightenment as something requiring epic proportions of heroic effort, concentration and discipline. None of it has the slightest thing to do with the nature of spirit. All of it is itself the illusory appearance of our having hypnotized ourselves into believing that the world of spirit is also dual, and so we have to work just as hard to make sure we don’t end up on the wrong side of spiritual duality, just as much as we had to work hard to make sure we didn’t end up on the wrong side of physical duality when we used to think that the world was material.
The solution, of course, is to nothingize the entire notion of spiritual duality by realizing that being God is not a project to be achieved with heroic execution of a carefully designed strategic plan, and that there are no perilous consequences to imagining that God is not all there is, both for one absolutely simple reason, simply because God is all there is. "
It is from this book:
http://www.miraclescenter.us/ontolog...ticism.htm#The Space Between Thoughts
Old 19-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfirst
This is beautiful. I read something similar:

"And so it is that we often conceive of the path to enlightenment as something requiring epic proportions of heroic effort, concentration and discipline. None of it has the slightest thing to do with the nature of spirit. All of it is itself the illusory appearance of our having hypnotized ourselves into believing that the world of spirit is also dual, and so we have to work just as hard to make sure we don’t end up on the wrong side of spiritual duality, just as much as we had to work hard to make sure we didn’t end up on the wrong side of physical duality when we used to think that the world was material.
The solution, of course, is to nothingize the entire notion of spiritual duality by realizing that being God is not a project to be achieved with heroic execution of a carefully designed strategic plan, and that there are no perilous consequences to imagining that God is not all there is, both for one absolutely simple reason, simply because God is all there is. "
It is from this book:
http://www.miraclescenter.us/ontolog...ticism.htm#The Space Between Thoughts

Excellent joyfirst, I really like this post. As I see it, this is truth made radically simple to understand. This statement here says it all,

"All of it is itself the illusory appearance of our having hypnotized ourselves into believing"

as humanity (much of humanity) has in fact hypnotized itself by its beliefs, has usurped the original simple, pure nature of spirit with illusory appearances, and come to accept illusions as reality. Then, they go on a quest/pilgrimage to solve the illusory problem with more of the same, when the whole time truth IS right with them.

"The Space Between Thoughts" < this is all the direct pointing needed, the "place" to BE........now