Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Pathfinder
"Christ Consciousness" and/or "Buddha Nature"

The way I perceive these terms and it's important, imo, to differentiate them, because they are indeed different, is that "Christ Consciousness" is a state of understanding we are all one, and sacrificing ones interests for the sake of elevating all Life Forms and beings around, much like the example of the Hebrew Jesus was such that he would go into the multitudes and try to convict the hearts of the hearers to get a new vision of themselves, and their fellowmen; instead of seeing themselves as sinners and the Pharisees as "holy" he claimed we are all One; we are all sons of the one G-d that you all claim to believe in (in Palestine, at that time), and he claimed that everyone has a seed of Christhood within them... this can be likened to a Palestinian form of Buddhahood, however the difference I see, is that, "Buddha Nature" means seeing the Allness of everything and not interfering with the Way (The Tao) of the Universe because you're only disturbing your own tranquility and that of other(s). In this case, the Buddha was in a state of Holy "Indifference" to joy or sorrow, pain or pleasure, praise or blame, etc... he simply sat in meditation and spoke blissfully without casting blame or attempting to convict. It is shown by the length of his lifespan compared to the Zealous Jesus who perhaps shown a bit of misapplied zeal; never denying that even his teaching would become obsolete. (The things concerning me have an end) and indeed, there will come a time when Buddha Nature will reign and there will be no need in zealots preaching oneness and brotherhood of mankind to those trapped in duality, because the great drama will be consummated and Earth will be filled with bliss.
Just my $0.02.
Namaskar.
Sat Naam.
Old 21-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnostic
It is shown by the length of his lifespan compared to the Zealous Jesus who perhaps shown a bit of misapplied zeal; never denying that even his teaching would become obsolete.
The second part there is a very cool insight. I was taught years ago in Christian esoteric school that even Christianity would fade as a relevant path for humanity. I've met very few people who might understand this, as most don't view knowledge and wisdom as Age-specific and therefore transitory. For example, tell a Christian that Jesus isn't going to matter in 1000 years, and then see what their response is, lol.

As for the first part: hard for me to imagine an "overzealous" self-realized ascended master. I would suggest that Jesus, at that point in his soul development, was perfect in every way. Nothing he did could have been misapplied. That's because he was in perfect alignment with Spirit, and therefore everything he did would have been in perfect alignment with Spirit.
Old 21-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
The way I perceive these terms and it's important, imo, to differentiate them,
All religions were right for that culture at that time, the understanding of their differences comes in the context of the people who believed in them. The mindsets of the two cultures are still very different even to this day, I doubt Christianity would go down well in the far east and vice versa. However, sometimes the only real differences aren't in the religions themselves but in the 'jargon' - "The Tao that cannot be told is not the Eternal Tao" and how some talk of God and God's Will aren't so far apart. And an earth filled with bliss? Many Spiritual people today want that.
Old 23-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Ascender
The way I understand it Christ consciousness doesn't actually relate to Christ. Its aimed at teaching spiritual truths to a christian audience in a way they will be receptive to. It could also be thought of as love consciousness. To cultivate a level of consciousness based on love and compassion such as that embodied by Christ. It goes beyond what I think of as him as an individual and is more like trying to match his frequency in yourself. Christians may like to do that by cultivating a personal connection with him but it can also be done in a less personal way for those that are not keen on the christian view by simply seeing him as an ideal of the kind of consciousness they wish to become.
Old 23-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Master
Jesus was what the hindus call an Avatar, the divine descended into human form, for the raising of collective consciousness of humanity. Buddha was an example of a human raising themselves to enlightenment. Therefore christ consciousness is effectively god consciousness while buddha nature might be realisation of the one ness within.
Old 24-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Pathfinder
I believe Jesus Christ in his last incarnation was here because he too had karma to work out and wasn't saved until he resolved all his psychological blocks on the cross and then Ascended.
I don't believe he was an Ascended Master prior to his giving up the ghost.
I don't believe he was Perfect during his embodiment.
Old 24-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
I believe...
The beauty of free will. I entered spiritual school age 32 in order to shift from that, to learning what the truth might actually be. Free will and subjective opinion is fine, but it can be a hindrance when it comes to investigating higher wisdom.
Old 24-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Jesus was what the hindus call an Avatar, the divine descended into human form, for the raising of collective consciousness of humanity.
Possibly... and only providing you identify Jesus as the human vessel for the divine. The idea of Jesus as a divine being is precisely where Christianity goes off the rails.

My own understanding is that divinity is not a "god, being or thing" that descends, and in particular for the purpose of improving or "fixing" humanity (or in Christian terminology, "to save us"). Rather, human beings who have achieved union with their soul self and divine nature, ascend to higher planes of Spirit Being. We "save ourselves" via conscious participation in our own soul evolution. And by doing so, we help raise the collective consciousness of humanity in the process.
Old 24-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
My own understanding is that .

The beauty of free will. I entered spiritual school age 29 in order to shift from that, to learning what the truth might actually be. Free will and subjective opinion is fine, but it can be a hindrance when it comes to investigating higher wisdom.
Old 24-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Master

One of the hallmarks of 'avatarhood' is that they appear specifically to provide a new, urgently needed direction to an evolving humanity.

As such Jesus Christ did save, but importantly, was an example of the saving - to demonstrate the possibilities inherent in human nature, and available to everyone.

Otherwise an avatar would simply be a freakish show of aloof divine unapproachability, and as such actually a discouragement to humanity (although much perception of such a figure is still rooted in this orientation - worship without practice), which is certainly not the intention of a divine guidance.

So an avatar represents both a divine descent, and the possibility of ascent.
This is of monumental significance and why these figures are rightfully and fruitfully revered as a means (vs. worshipped as an end in-and-of itself).

~ J

Last edited by Jyotir : 24-07-2017 at 03:44 PM.