Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Experiencer

God must make his presence known to me right now

I am a very open minded person and consider all possibilities. I am open to the possibility of a God and an afterlife. I am also open to the possibility that this God could be one who demands and expects that I obey and serve him or that I would be condemned to a horrible afterlife. I have been doing some open minded research on the subject of life after death. As of right now, it doesn't matter what anyone says to me or what claims other people present to me in regards to God's character, if he is real or not, or if I am a blind sinner or not.

The reason why it doesn't matter to me is because, like I said, I am very open minded right now and am open to alternative explanations of the things people offer up here. I am a very wise open minded individual and I do not jump to any given conclusion based upon some things I read online or a holy book such as the bible. There is so much more to look into and have an open mind to. Even things that sound very compelling cannot be trusted since there are plenty of things out there that sound compelling, but are actually not.

However, I have very little to no patience at all since I have no interest in doing research or in dedicating my life to a Christian or other religious lifestyle in order for God's presence to be known to me if he is real. That is no different than expecting me to dedicate my life to a certain career such as dentistry when I have no interest in that career. It is just an unfair and unrealistic expectation of me. If God is real and I really am a sinner who is in need of saving, then why can't God swoop into my mind right now and convince me he is real?

If it's because I am not worthy of a God who would be so frantic as to do all he could to convince me right here and now rather than expecting me to dedicate my life in trying to find him, then why did God even go through the trouble of inspiring a holy book or making a sacrifice for our sins? If he thought mankind was worthy of this and he so loved his human creations as to do this deed, then why can't he take it a step further and make his presence known to me right now considering I have no patience and no interest in seeking him out?

I have done what I could right now in trying to seek out the Lord if he is real and I am not going to do anymore because, like I said, I have no patience and no interest. But if God is real and I do meet him after I die and he says to me that I am a sinner who has one last chance to repent, then I would not be foolish. I would completely give myself unto the Lord right then and there. Any other way would result in a horrible afterlife of misery and there is no way I would choose that.

But considering the fact that I would have to dedicate my life in trying to seek out God and be convinced of his existence if he is real and considering the fact that there are so many people out there who have already done this with a truly open mind and heart and were still not convinced, then it is a waste of my time and I have no interest and no patience for this. As for those who were convinced in a reasonable time frame, then I have no way of knowing if their conviction was through a truly open mind or if they were close minded and just decided to believe God is real.

This lack of knowing further makes my point here that it is all a waste of my time. It's very unlikely that there would be any way to convince me because I have looked and researched into so much already with a truly open mind and heart and I just see nothing more than a vast sea of arguments and debates, but no conclusion being reached one way or another. This is yet another reason why this is all a waste of my time.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Lorelyen

There are plenty of religions each with their own God. There are many spiritual people who are their own god.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Seeker
Nothing divine here, just common sense and logic.

Einstein felt that "God" may very well be the "energy" that is in all matter and energy, that cannot be separated from matter/energy.

Humanity would have to accept a completely logical deity called God, Allah, etc. Social norms during the time period of the lives of prophets or messengers from the past dictated their and their society's acceptance of a God with king-like qualities. A powerful God was needed , one similar to the Gods of the pagans who demanded sacrifice, obedience and worship.

Today democratic rule is desirable. Dominance is frowned upon and being rebelled against. The minds of messengers influence the interpretations according to their social time period. Past messengers did not lie because this was the way in which they interpreted God to be; their inspirations from the Spirit of God were what they believed the message was the one that needed to be relayed to the people, a God of might and royalty.

Today a God consisting of government is preferential. God has not changed just our perception of who/what God is.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Knower

I see your post time is 1:01 pm

101 = 26th prime

G = 7th letter
O = 15th letter
D = 4th letter

7+15+4 = 26

But I have no idea what anyone else sees as a post time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbHFvr1dWjo

See in the video....Proverbs 25:2

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter."--Proverbs 25:2

252/2 = 126

1 = A
26 = Z

Five = 42

Five + Five + Five = 126

126/3 = 42

30th prime = 113 = The 4th prime that adds to 5
32nd prime = 131 = The 5th prime that adds to 5
64th prime = 311 = The 6th prime that adds to 5

30+32+64 = 126

126/3 = 42

113+131+311 = 555

3:11 is the total play time of the Video

The truth shall set you free = 311

It's what the letters add up to
Old 12-04-2017, 02:32 AM
Experiencer
Our God is an experiencing being like ourselves, atm with multitude of problems of its own. One of them being his/hers/its destruction and death of all living, residing in created universe. Your mother gave birth to you and is therfore probably single most important being in this world in relation to you, but if you keept nagging her with some silly nonsense, she would send you off to bed with no dinner without any problem. Why creator of all in this universe should be deemed to act any differently is beyond me.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
I am a very open minded person and consider all possibilities. I am open to the possibility of a God and an afterlife. I am also open to the possibility that this God could be one who demands and expects that I obey and serve him or that I would be condemned to a horrible afterlife. I have been doing some open minded research on the subject of life after death. As of right now, it doesn't matter what anyone says to me or what claims other people present to me in regards to God's character, if he is real or not, or if I am a blind sinner or not.

The reason why it doesn't matter to me is because, like I said, I am very open minded right now and am open to alternative explanations of the things people offer up here. I am a very wise open minded individual and I do not jump to any given conclusion based upon some things I read online or a holy book such as the bible. There is so much more to look into and have an open mind to. Even things that sound very compelling cannot be trusted since there are plenty of things out there that sound compelling, but are actually not.

However, I have very little to no patience at all since I have no interest in doing research or in dedicating my life to a Christian or other religious lifestyle in order for God's presence to be known to me if he is real. That is no different than expecting me to dedicate my life to a certain career such as dentistry when I have no interest in that career. It is just an unfair and unrealistic expectation of me. If God is real and I really am a sinner who is in need of saving, then why can't God swoop into my mind right now and convince me he is real?

If it's because I am not worthy of a God who would be so frantic as to do all he could to convince me right here and now rather than expecting me to dedicate my life in trying to find him, then why did God even go through the trouble of inspiring a holy book or making a sacrifice for our sins? If he thought mankind was worthy of this and he so loved his human creations as to do this deed, then why can't he take it a step further and make his presence known to me right now considering I have no patience and no interest in seeking him out?

I have done what I could right now in trying to seek out the Lord if he is real and I am not going to do anymore because, like I said, I have no patience and no interest. But if God is real and I do meet him after I die and he says to me that I am a sinner who has one last chance to repent, then I would not be foolish. I would completely give myself unto the Lord right then and there. Any other way would result in a horrible afterlife of misery and there is no way I would choose that.

But considering the fact that I would have to dedicate my life in trying to seek out God and be convinced of his existence if he is real and considering the fact that there are so many people out there who have already done this with a truly open mind and heart and were still not convinced, then it is a waste of my time and I have no interest and no patience for this. As for those who were convinced in a reasonable time frame, then I have no way of knowing if their conviction was through a truly open mind or if they were close minded and just decided to believe God is real.

This lack of knowing further makes my point here that it is all a waste of my time. It's very unlikely that there would be any way to convince me because I have looked and researched into so much already with a truly open mind and heart and I just see nothing more than a vast sea of arguments and debates, but no conclusion being reached one way or another. This is yet another reason why this is all a waste of my time.

You could go to General Beliefs and the question why does god not show him/her/itself. Lots of answers there even if confusing.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Master
I wonder if God will choose to show himself to somebody who does not have time and patience for him or to somebody who accepts God even though he does not know who God is. Just wondering aloud.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
I wonder if God will choose to show himself to somebody who does not have time and patience for him or to somebody who accepts God even though he does not know who God is. Just wondering aloud.

I am completely open to God. It's just that I see no way I can be convinced. I have done research and I see nothing more than a vast sea of information (debates/arguments) being presented back and forth. I see no conclusion being reached one way or the other. Therefore, it doesn't matter how much I try to seek out the Lord if he is real such as through some bible study program; all the information being presented to me would still yield the same situation I am in now. Think of it as a philosophical debate. These types of debates just go back and forth all day long and there is just no way to be convinced one way or the other. I can learn all the information I want from some bible study program, but all of this information would be debated and that would just leave all of that information as being nothing more than something subjected to philosophical debate.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Suspended
Quote:
I am completely open to God. It's just that I see no way I can be convinced. I have done research and I see nothing more than a vast sea of information (debates/arguments) being presented back and forth. I see no conclusion being reached one way or the other. Therefore, it doesn't matter how much I try to seek out the Lord if he is real such as through some bible study program; all the information being presented to me would still yield the same situation I am in now. Think of it as a philosophical debate. These types of debates just go back and forth all day long and there is just no way to be convinced one way or the other. I can learn all the information I want from some bible study program, but all of this information would be debated and that would just leave all of that information as being nothing more than something subjected to philosophical debate.

You want to see or meet God? It's the same as you love a girl and you don't know whether she accept and love you or not. This type of meeting only can happen when God wants to meet you? That's you choose her at the same time she has to choose you. Isn't only one side longing to love her.

I never asked to meet Lord or God or Buddha ....... and I saw them before they all integrated with me and transferred their dharma energy to me. I never hope or ask anything from them but they gave all they have to me. So I thanks them .

If one day God is floating in front of you, do you have your third eye to see him? If you can't see ghost or any spirit then how can you see him? Even he gives you the chance for you to see him if your naked eyes can't see him, then nothing you can do.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

Perhaps the search for God is not a philosophical debate. Also, you keep referring bible, and "Lord" and everyone has its own right to believe what they want to, and I respect that. But maybe the problems you are facing stem from they way you approach God. If you keep realising that no philosophical or bible study will help you really reach or understand God, then perhaps you should "veer" out of this way. I was baptised as christian and followed christian religion as a young boy. I went to class every weekend that taught me about God, and yet I realised growing up, I know absolutely nothing about who or what God is. All I had were stories and some cloudy unrealistic perception of a God, that helplessly tried to picture him as an old man with grey beard sitting somewhere on the clouds in the heavens. Before the baptism of the Holy spirit I already veered out of this way of knowing God, and found a more suitable, intimate and personal way that suit me. I never looked back and even though I received the baptism of the holy spirit as is a tradition, I was already far away from really accepting this as may way of knowing my creator. I am happy I went this way. Questions such as why does God allow suffering to continue if he loves us, became completely irrelevant and nonsensical to me. Also the thought that if God exist he/her/it should make his/hers/its presence known to us, went away like last years snow. Completely irrelevant. The God is not the only important being in this universe. The God is the creator, but we are the will, we are the tool, the essence and purpose of it all. Knowing oneself therefore is as close as knowing the Creator. I feel myself much more comfortable using the word Creator than God.

You my friend stand at the precipice. I sense that your resolution of knowing God, originates from your own troubled acceptance of yourself. You talk about yourself being a sinner, and you think God can resolve you of that. God gave you the all possibility to be whatever you wish to be, so be sinner if you so desire. If you believe that you are a sinner just because you were born to this world, like the Bible teaches, than so be. In my opinion God is so great, he doesn't even remember putting Earth where it is. Its like my mother that would sometime mix the names of me and my brother. Stop trying to force God to reveal its presence to you. Try revealing yourself to the God you believe to exist.