Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
Its just weird because I feel so drawn to this path. Its like I'm just waiting for something to happen, and I don't know what to do in the meantime.

So do nothing... just let go of your expectations. Can I ask were you raised in a Christian background? The way you talk about faith and God makes me wonder..
Old 20-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Your missing the obvious in that fact that it might not be true.

Unfortunately, I find myself stuck in a position where I feel I kind of need it to be true. I'm not satisfied with the world I'm in. I see so many terrible things happen to good people, and without the supernatural existing, I have no way to explain that. The world just feels empty and meaningless then.
Old 20-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus
So do nothing... just let go of your expectations. Can I ask were you raised in a Christian background? The way you talk about faith and God makes me wonder..

I try. Its hard to do when its been like this for several years, but I try. And yes, I was. Part of a cookie-cutter Christian family that went to church on sundays. It was easy to not think about God and just assume everything was good until it wasn't and I was just left with silence and questions.
Old 20-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
I was just left with silence and questions.

I hear you there, I feel it went silent as I became a teenager was it he same for you?

Logic would say that it is essentially growing up - you stop believing in fantasy as biologicaly speaking you'd be on the way to coming of age: in practically every culture.

It concerns me that you maybe taken advantage of by people who "know for sure" therefore follow a certain spiritual belief. When you really think about it it's all just brands - cornflakes or frosties, Christianity or Buddhism little differences but the same overall thing.

Take on the responsibility yourself & be good, help others & set an example!

The world needs doctors & fireman - tangible goodness - ever considered that sort of thing?

Quote:
terrible things happen to good people

Unfortunately yes - watch any nature show & animals struggle to survive everyday, nature doesn't care about individuals it's that simple. A wilderbeast will be eaten alive but hey the rest of the herds grazing again. I worked in animal welfare & still dabble, awful things happen & the only way to make it better is to make it better.

I'd find something meaningful - go be someones hero.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 22-08-2017, 12:44 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I try. Its hard to do when its been like this for several years, but I try. And yes, I was. Part of a cookie-cutter Christian family that went to church on sundays. It was easy to not think about God and just assume everything was good until it wasn't and I was just left with silence and questions.

I could tell because I was raised that way too. I think the existential crisis is really common for people who question or stray from the church's view on spirituality.

You know you don't believe in that but what do you believe in? Christianity is imo centered around fear and guilt.. it can take a long time to dismantle those ideas from your way of thinking. It sounds to me like you feel God might be punishing you in some way for not having enough faith by withholding certain experiences?

I don't have a magical soultion but the antidote to fear is love.. So it might sound ridiculous but try to think of it as god is love, god is nature, god is in all of us.. we create our own realities to an extent, with the help of collective consciousness

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2015...consciousness/
Old 22-08-2017, 02:14 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus
I could tell because I was raised that way too. I think the existential crisis is really common for people who question or stray from the church's view on spirituality.

You know you don't believe in that but what do you believe in? Christianity is imo centered around fear and guilt.. it can take a long time to dismantle those ideas from your way of thinking. It sounds to me like you feel God might be punishing you in some way for not having enough faith by withholding certain experiences?

I don't have a magical soultion but the antidote to fear is love.. So it might sound ridiculous but try to think of it as god is love, god is nature, god is in all of us.. we create our own realities to an extent, with the help of collective consciousness

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2015...consciousness/

Yeah, and a counselor I was seeing also suggested I might be projecting my parents onto God, and the parallels make a lot of sense.

I now have the opportunity to possibly view God in a new light. Its....a strange feeling lol
Old 22-08-2017, 05:56 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Yeah, and a counselor I was seeing also suggested I might be projecting my parents onto God, and the parallels make a lot of sense.

I now have the opportunity to possibly view God in a new light. Its....a strange feeling lol

Yes, the Christian view of God creates power hierarchies. God is more powerful than nature, men have more power than women, and from there it's easy to see how white missionaries colonized "uncivilized" nations and races acting under "divine instruction". Fear and guilt are also great ways of controlling people.

Glad you're working through it.. it's not always easy to make peace with but the world needs more people to wake up from this old spiritual paradigm.