Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-12-2016, 11:24 PM
Knower
Goosebumps and tingles - what say You?

Hello Everyone Here

Have you ever heard an incredibly beautiful song, poem - or seen a painting or bit of a play so unique or utterly touching it gave you chills somewhere in your body? When I was younger I would get that feeling along my outer and inner thighs; thrilling tightening tingles in waves. Whenever it happened, I would think, "Ah! This thing I am hearing/seeing/experiencing is purely Divine - a gift from God; raw Truth. Special - take notice! Appreciate, so lovely!" Not all art produces this sensation for me; just some.

Fast forward a couple of decades. In the last year or so, I have been experiencing a similar sensation - but instead of feeling it in my legs, it is along my outer arms and the base of my skull, and not usually triggered by art. Instead, it comes on suddenly when I am talking to someone, or listening, or thinking a thought; intense chills rolling back and forth - a tingling, tightening sensation. When this happens, I find myself suddenly thinking, "Oh! Whatever I am saying to this person is Truth, Divine - meant to be said. Important! It is good that I am saying it - or listening to it if it is coming from someone else, etc." I find myself, as I am speaking or listening, internally saying, "Thank You! thank You for the hint!" Memorable example, though there have been many: a couple of months ago I was trying to help a close friend of 25 years comprehend the spiritual significance of psychopaths in tangible life (something neither of us knew anything about, but my friend had just had a mind blowing year-long experience with what we determined was probably a psychopath that left him spiritually, physically and mentally terrified, broken); I was merely ruminating out loud what that experience might have meant, without certainty - but started getting the tingles like mad - so much so, that I blurted out, "Oh! Yes! This is it - this is important, I am supposed to tell you this! We are approaching Truth!" I had no direct experience, nor knew what I was talking about in a personally 'knowing' way, but kept rolling with it and feeling it was important that I shared the data. The feeling happened again earlier today when I was alone, and so I wasn't sure what to connect it to, BUT, yesterday I did ask any Spirit Guides that might be near to please teach me to communicate with them better.

So! My questions - put forth to those of you who are mediums and already know how to speak with your Guides; do you think this could be mine, and I have been communing with them all along without really trying to or knowing it? Do you have physical sensations like this? Any similar sensations you might share? Should I trust it, go with it? Whether it was leg tingles and art or head/arm tingles otherwise, I don't believe I 'decided' such was meaningful, it simply felt that way. Know what I mean? I suppose I am seeking validation; is it my imagination and ego run amok (why not? I am human) or potential actual messages from Spirit? What do you sense?

My best to all - and happy holidays, too - I just love this time of year. It vibrates with goodness (mostly! Lol) s.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:05 AM
Master

Yes I get the tingles during certain conversations which are centred around magic and the occult. I also get them when alone sometimes and doing something magical or reading a book and what I'm reading really strikes home
Old 19-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Knower
Thank you for replying Jenny Crow (love your name!)

I have read a bit more about it on the web; it does seem to be a 'thing'.
Old 20-12-2016, 02:34 AM
Guide

I have been getting these lately too, up and down my back and head, to the point where im emotionally overwelmned and in tears, i didn't think it was mediumship.

Delsol you have inspired me to look into this further. Thankyou
Old 20-12-2016, 03:02 AM
Master
chills and tingles can be an affect, or side affect of something happening.

When a change is occurring inside of you, those are typical side effects.

Everybody has guides or whatever term you use. They do and always have communicated with you in very blatant ways. When you are dreaming for one, and through your thoughts and deeds. Other people carry messages for us from our guides all the time without being aware. At the same time, we speak the words of wisdom that someone else might need to hear.

That's how it works. When you are getting prepared for more contact or abilities, then you get side affects. You have been doing your work, so you should be going through the process of transformation. That could be gradual and not everybody does it in the same way, or on the same level.

That is about what I know about that.

Guides (or whatever) are natural, and not supernatural. Is it really mediumship to communicate with yourself? or your higher self? Guidance comes from the same source but it is unique for each of us.

I only talk to guides but I might refer to myself as a medium because I can communicate with another person's guidance as well as my own. No dead people, so that might disqualify me. It depends on who you talk to and how they define terms.
Old 20-12-2016, 03:09 AM
Guide

Think you are correct Rozie.

Just done a little reading and I believe the feelings are coming from higher self for me, telling me im on the right path. Its so emotionally powerful for me.

First time I meditated and gave Thanks towards the East my whole body was tingling for what felt like ages I burst into tears not through sadness but because of the power I was feeling. Was definately a WOW moment!