Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
My wife has been with me for seven incarnations, and she says I've been basically the same person in every Past Life - variations on a theme. She could/can also look in my eyes and although they're a different colour, she can see the same person. Obviously there are variations to the person depending on background, reasons for being here etc. Being born into a rich family produces a different person to being born into a poor family, for instance. But the core is still the same.

I've spoken to a few people whom I remember from Past Lives and little of them has changed. Again different circumstances/backgrounds but I can still see the same 'core person' in there. My sister from Atlantis now lives in Wales, little has changed in her except perhaps for being even more ditzy :-)

Thanks for that post!

I've met many ex partners from my previous lives (all of them are beauties!) they all seem to be rather mumsy kind of girls that have brown or black hair kept in an updo or with a fringe.. a few are completely different but..

The point I'm trying to make here is that I've 'Gone for the same girl' in every lifetime so to speak.. this seems to suggest quite strongly that I was fundamentally the same guy in every lifetime.. going for the same 'signature girl' again and again..

It also strongly suggests that I'm a man that always gets his girl!

Too bloody right I do, I wont be denied that much joy!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Seperate_Reality

I believe, that we are each non-physical, immortal, spiritual beings and are not the mortal, physical, human body we operate and look at in a mirror. You will always be you, an individual, independent, spiritual being, forevermore or through eternity. Operating a human body on the physical world playing field, we each are considered a human-being and Person with a name, Joe or Cathy.
When this human body passes, we each go on and get another baby body, human or animal, with new parents, new name, etc. The problem being, as a rule, we each forget our previous lifetime from one lifetime to the next.
Even though we each have a new human body and maybe a new or different culture and are taught new ideas, we still bring with us certain beliefs, purposes, and goals, we hold dear to us from previous lifetimes. We each don't personally change, we just forget, and, at around 8 years of age or so, we start sensing these things which are dear to us. Some young children start playing a piano or other instrument like a pro with few lessons. Well, this individual had to learn and practice the piano at some point in time to become a pro...
Old 08-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Docha

Hmmmm I don't know an actual answer but I have a now scenario...

I was extremely close with my mothers mother. My grandmother adopted both of her children so there is no 'blood/dna link' that can be attributed.

My grandmother passed away just a few months before my second dsughter was born. As my daughter grew ( grows) very disticnt personality traits of my grandmother show. Favorite things, and abilities...I would be almost certain she carries the same soul. (My oldest knew and remembers great grandma, points out commonalities as well)

But she is not my grandmother. She is uniquely her own person. I couldn't imagine treating her the same. In this life her experiences change and so the new person is created. The soul however is the same. So the closeness and love is constant. We don't butt heads often if at all, both my children have past life connections to me. Our relationship stuns others because we have the uncanny ability to just 'know'. Its a mutual respect as equals and not the typical 'parent/child' roles.

I do have to remind myself daily that they ARE children and I their parent..lol but its different.

I can't dwell on the past life connections in this life or I will create again the past experiences. The purpose is not to repeat, but to grow. :)

In honesty this is where my understanding of the human and the soul separate. When they merge its called life, when they can no longer cohabitate, its called death.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Neville

Ah..Now then..and any other exclamation that describes the pressaging of having something to say.

If ..Oh and it is a big if.. I was a sadist in one life would not the experience karma thing mean I would have to fundamentally alter at some point to get the feel of the victim..

Trust me, I am ancient, I have been the wisest of sages, the wickedest of despots and alas now in this life a blithering idiot who prides himself on his under achievements.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Light
Thanks for that post!

I've met many ex partners from my previous lives (all of them are beauties!) they all seem to be rather mumsy kind of girls that have brown or black hair kept in an updo or with a fringe.. a few are completely different but..

The point I'm trying to make here is that I've 'Gone for the same girl' in every lifetime so to speak.. this seems to suggest quite strongly that I was fundamentally the same guy in every lifetime.. going for the same 'signature girl' again and again..

It also strongly suggests that I'm a man that always gets his girl!

Too bloody right I do, I wont be denied that much joy!

You're very welcome.

Sorry, but I had to laugh - no offence intended here but when I saw what you've written and your avatar..... Parrot fashion? lol. And yes, I'm doing it parrot fashion too.

I believe we are all variations on a theme. I was going to go down the 'linear route' (which suddenly brings karma into question) but decided against it. What I believe in is that our Souls are aspects of our Spirit. Lobsang Rampa describes it as the One self or Overself (easily Googled). As our arms and legs are a part of the 'greater whole', so our Souls would have the basic traits of that Spirit - like genetics. Same base code, but the right arm is slightly different to the left leg (hopefully).