Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 28-09-2018, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Baile is very wise

Maybe, but possibly a bit angry. Christianity is not a cult and the fact that so many people are religious just goes to show it is one of the basic human needs to believe in God.

Believing you ARE God is another matter altogether - I'm in two minds about it. I don't think it is wise yet the evidence points that it has truth. It is best approached with respect and caution. I would not want to end up like someone like Sai Baba.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-09-2018, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Maybe, but possibly a bit angry. Christianity is not a cult and the fact that so many people are religious just goes to show it is one of the basic human needs to believe in God.

Believing you ARE God is another matter altogether - I'm in two minds about it. I don't think it is wise yet the evidence points that it has truth. It is best approached with respect and caution. I would not want to end up like someone like Sai Baba.

" Maybe, but possibly a bit angry. "
If you think that then ignore the anger and embrace the wisdom

" Believing you ARE God is another matter altogether - I'm in two minds about it."
That's ok, you have the right to your own opinions.

"Christianity is not a cult"
Any religion has the potential to become a cult, if they take away your freedom to think for yourself by threatening you with hell and eternal damnation then I would call it a cult.
Old 28-09-2018, 08:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In what way?

In every way.
Old 28-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
The yogic literature seems to equate Amygdala with Samskaras – our old scars and habitual unconscious reaction/thinking patterns.

Whom do we generally blame for our scars? Ourselves?

And how does unconscious habitual reaction/thinking patterns perpetuate this old scar reality?

Often with blame. With blame we externalize 100% and forget our own 50% responsibility in the scar making process.

Something like that.

I don't know much about yogic literature so I can't comment.
I see responsibility and blame as being different, to me they are not the same...
Old 28-09-2018, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Christianity is not a cult and the fact that so many people are religious just goes to show it is one of the basic human needs to believe in God.
Google "cult" and notice the description exactly matches religion: unquestioning devotion to one leader, and to that leader's teachings and tenets. An alcholic is the last person to see and admit they're ill. The same applies to people who are under the influence of belief-path tenets. I would go so far as to say that while alcohol mostly just destroys the body, religion is even more dangerous and debilitating in that it inhibits the mind's ability to think and function logically and morally.

The fact that many people are relgious, is in fact a confimation of what I'm saying here. You constantly bemoan the terrible state of the world. Yet here you are, upholding the notion that religion is okay given so many peiple in the world are religious. The world is a mess as you point out, precisely because religious belief has helped create a social-intellectual environment in which most people on this planet are unable think and function logically and morally.

Anyway, what I see here is just one more post on your part deflecting responsibility for the topic at hand. Nine pages of this so far and counting. Admitting responsibility, and taking responsibility, is behaving in a self-responsible moral way. If you are serious about finding answers to the questions you've asked on this thread, start by reading and reflecting upon what I just wrote above.
Old 28-09-2018, 08:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Anyway, what I see here is just one more post on your part deflecting responsibility for the topic at hand. Nine pages of this so far and counting.

I'm deflecting responsibility for what topic at hand?

Old 28-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Pathfinder

Hello Honza,

In my opinion it’s best to find a balance.
Old 28-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm deflecting responsibility for what topic at hand?

Do you mean for my thoughts?

That would be a long process of development. How is it supposed to show in writing?

Old 28-09-2018, 09:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
My observation: to "point the finger at oneself" and see it as having "caused all this wrongness," is a continuation of the unhealthy blame dynamic you are speaking of.

I would say it this way: "Look within, and take loving responsibility for any and all corrective action that is required."

To change the blame dynamic, one starts by reframing things in the most positive and blameless way possible.

This does make sense.

If there is no blame the problems don't go away; but at least one is not blaming anybody or anything.

Old 28-09-2018, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
In every way.

Every way?