Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-09-2018, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Easy to understand for many, yes.

Now... imagine years and years of being taught by a religion or cult, that unseen forces -- both good forces and evil forces -- are responsible for many of the events and happenings taking place in both the external and inner world.

I went through that myself. I was indoctrinated into this sort of thinking and mindset, and spent twenty years in it. Extricating one's self from it -- from those beliefs and from that world view -- is as difficult a task as an alcoholic who is trying to go sober.
there's many forces out there that cannot be explained, they just happen. Sort of like emotions, you really can't explain them they just are. Why do humans experience the intense emotions we do compared to the rest of the creatures on Earth? I am going to stop here so I go off in a totally different direction.
Like want was mentioned earlier in this thread it's extremely difficult for some people admit they are at fault so defenses we're created to make them feel better. I work with a client who likes to steal things. As a staff person I can't say he stole something because it's bad. I can only say he took it without asking. There's two ways of saying the same thing. One is taking responsibility, the other is not. Thanks to "politically correct" taking responsibility for something is starting to be a thing of the past.
Old 27-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I think you know yourself Honza but you nit- pick everything that others post who try to help you.
Mybe your bible will give you your answers as it seems nobody elses ideas go down well with you...

You don't exactly accept my ideas.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm not to sure how responsibility is imagined in Eastern philosophy except to say that there's not much said about responsibility in Buddhist philosophy, and I assume the notion of responsibility wasn't as prominent in the East as it is nowdays in the West, though in the Gita, Krishna convinced Arjuna that he had a duty to start a war. A holy war, no less, a moral war, a 'dharma war' so to speak. As with Jihad, the interpretations range from actual blood and guts battle, to the battle people have within themselves, to more general moral dilemma between good and evil. However, doctrines of God, love and peace typically entail the irony of God sanctioned violence, which is somehow morally justifiable, though sometimes on God's mere whim, obedience to which is definitively 'good'. In any case, the concept of responsibility comes with moral implications and philosophical dilemmas concerning degrees of free will or even God's will, all of which influence law and how it is applied. This peculiar mix of some sort of moralism, personal will and social order make responsibility difficult to site in any particular individual, as it is imagined within everyone and pervades the whole of social fabric.

" except to say that there's not much said about responsibility in Buddhist philosophy,"

Read some Buddhist teachings, taking responsibility for one's actions is very important in Buddhism, as in other philosophies/religions...

Last edited by sky : 27-09-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 27-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Easy to understand for many, yes.

Now... imagine years and years of being taught by a religion or cult, that unseen forces -- both good forces and evil forces -- are responsible for many of the events and happenings taking place in both the external and inner world.

I went through that myself. I was indoctrinated into this sort of thinking and mindset, and spent twenty years in it. Extricating one's self from it -- from those beliefs and from that world view -- is as difficult a task as an alcoholic who is trying to go sober.

There are forces at work. I sense and feel them. Not sure what the forces are.

Old 27-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
I think you know yourself Honza but you nit- pick everything that others post who try to help you.
Mybe your bible will give you your answers as it seems nobody elses ideas go down well with you...

I do not know what 100% responsibility means. Hence I asked.

Old 27-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I do not know what 100% responsibility means. Hence I asked.

I've lost track of the whole thread but I think Baile explained it very well, mybe go back and check. Baile is very wise
Old 27-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
There are forces at work. I sense and feel them. Not sure what the forces are.

What do you mean by forces? You have lost me....
Old 27-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
I cannot see any connection with the need to ' Blame ' in the research regarding Amygdala.
The yogic literature seems to equate Amygdala with Samskaras – our old scars and habitual unconscious reaction/thinking patterns.

Whom do we generally blame for our scars? Ourselves?

And how does unconscious habitual reaction/thinking patterns perpetuate this old scar reality?

Often with blame. With blame we externalize 100% and forget our own 50% responsibility in the scar making process.

Something like that.
Old 27-09-2018, 11:27 PM
Angel1

Quote:
It is very frightening to point the finger at oneself and admit that somehow one caused all this wrongness.
Ha! I just saw this thread!
I can only say this: There is not one thing that has happened in the
course of my life that was not completely orchestrated by me.

Albeit, most unconsciously, where I hear God dwells...but by ME and only me.
And that is why it is so easy to forgive anything and everything that seems as if it
was done by another...It was not....there is only 'you'...the One,
the Only One.

Hi Honza...made it to page 3...I see you said you are not a superbeing...
Did you know there is a fabulous book by John Randolph Price, 'SuperBeings'....that is
exactly what we are destined to becoming...we are in the process right now

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-09-2018, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
" except to say that there's not much said about responsibility in Buddhist philosophy,"

Read some Buddhist teachings, taking responsibility for one's actions is very important in Buddhism, as in other philosophies/religions...

In what way?