Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Master
"Now all I have to figure out is whether the soul is comprised of particles"

Wavicles, wavicles Neville. Do try to keep up !
Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"Now all I have to figure out is whether the soul is comprised of particles"

Wavicles, wavicles Neville. Do try to keep up !

I know, I'm terribly slow at times The Man on the Radio this morning, Some Professor or other is saying that they will be shutting down the Hadron Collider for maintenance and an Upgrade , This in turn , or so the Professor reckoned (Today Programme BBC Radio 4 on 5/7/12 for those with I player). He also, not so tentatively suggested that this discovery might lead to studies and discoveries in String Theory and Multi Dimensions.

If this comes to pass, It will in my scientific speak be too cool for school

Imagine ..all the belief and faith regarding AP, Reincarnitation, Preincarnation, Souls, Spirit , ESP, Telepathy , Remote viewing , NDEs, Temporal anomaly and myriad other phenomena being proven by science...So long as its not abused or perverted by some shady illuminati types, this could be quiet special indeed.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Master
"lead to studies and discoveries in String Theory and Multi Dimensions."

Bigger and better Stratocaster no doubt !
Old 05-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Neville

So still doing my homework I have found;

1. Higgs boson / God particle

The Higgs boson, proposed by Peter Higgs in 1964, is if it exists what gives matter mass. It has also been named the name God particle by American physicist Leon Lederman. "He wanted to refer to it as that 'goddamn particle' and his editor wouldn't let him," Higgs told the Guardian. So "God particle" it was.

2. Quark

A fundamental particle that combines to form a range of other particles, including protons and neutrons, the particles that make up the atomic nucleus.

The term was drawn from James Joyce's Finnegans Wake by American physicist Murray Gell-Mann (born 1929) in 1962. He had already come up with the sound, and was thinking of spelling it "kwork".

"Then, in one of my occasional perusals of Finnegans Wake, by James Joyce, I came across the word 'quark' in the phrase 'Three quarks for Muster Mark'," he explained in his book, the Quark and the Jaguar.

3. Hadron

A particle made of quarks. The name was proposed by the Russian theoretical physicist Lev Okun (born 1929) in 1962. He wrote: "In this report I shall call strongly interacting particles 'hadrons'… the Greek hadros signifies "large", "massive", in contrast to leptos which means "small", "light". I hope that this terminology will prove to be convenient." It is in Cern's Large Hadron Collider, a machine in which hadrons are accelerated to high speeds and smashed together, that footprints of the Higgs boson have been spotted.

4. Boson

A class of particles often associated with forces (as the carriers of the force). They obey Bose-Einstein statistics, named after the Indian physicist, Satyendra Nath Bose (1894-1974). The suffix "-on" is Greek, and became standard for newly discovered particles a century ago.

5. Fermion

A class of particles which, unlike bosons, obey Fermi-Dirac statistics. They are usually associated with matter rather than force. They are named after the Italian-born physicist Enrico Fermi (1901-1954) a naturalised American regarded as one of the fathers of the atomic bomb, along with Robert Oppenheimer.

6. Gluon

A type of boson responsible for the strong force between quarks. The term derives from the English word "glue". It was first proposed in 1962 by Murray Gell-Mann, who suggested the existence of particles composed of a number of gluons, which he called glueballs.

7. Neutrino

Uncharged particles created as a result of certain types of radioactive decay, with a tiny mass even by the standards of subatomic particles. Neutrino means "small neutral one" in Italian. The particle was first proposed by Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958) in 1930, who gave it the name "neutron". Enrico Fermi renamed it three years later, because "neutron" (from the Latin for "neutral") had by then begun to be used to refer to the uncharged particle present in the atomic nucleus.

8. Electron

An indivisible quantity of electric charge, proposed in 1894 by the Irish physicist, George Johnston Stoney (1826-1911). Derived from the word "electric" (or the Latin "electrum") plus the Greek suffix "-on".

9. Meson

A particle made of a quark and an anti-quark. The name comes from the Greek "meso" meaning "mid", because mesons, when first observed, appeared to have a mass somewhere between that of an electron, and nucleons (the particles - protons and neutrons - making up the atomic nucleus).

10. Muon

One of a large number of particles named after letters of the Greek alphabet, in this case "mu". It was originally thought to be a type of meson (the mu meson, as distinct, say, from the pi meson), but was later renamed. Mesons came to be understood as particles made up of quarks, while muons are elementary particles. The scientists at Cern have cornered the Higgs boson (probably) using a detector known as the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS), which measures the energy and momentum of muons, photons, electrons and other particles generated by the colliding hadrons in the LHC.

And another 5 ,,

Lepton - a type of elementary particle (examples include electrons and neutrinos), from the Greek "leptos" meaning "small" or "thin"
Photon - a light quantum, the name derived from the Greek "phos" meaning "light"
Skyrmion - a type of fermion proposed by British physicist Tony Skyrme (1922-1987)
Proton - name given to hydrogen nucleus by Ernest Rutherford in 1920, from the Greek "protos" meaning "first"
WIMP - weakly interactive massive particle

I think I may well have a number of WIMP's in me.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Kepler

Yes! This is a very exciting time. I hope this pans out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondav
Just a thought,but have they really observed it, or is it,s exsistance just been postulated,in order that a nice neat answer,to an awkward question,can be published in scientific journals. I am reminded of the "fact" that other planets have been "discovered" simply by observing that distant stars appear to wobble ,due to the so called gravitational pull of attendant planets, this is all unproven hypothesis

The existence was postulated in the 1960s. The news here is that it may have been experimentally observed for the first time. I'm using *may* lightly because the resulting signal is what's referred to as a "5 sigma bump" (meaning that it's very *very* unlikely to have simply been noise in the experiment).

Quote:
Dont forget that all the questions could be, and probably were, asked about neutrons and sub-atomic particles - the end of that line of theory were nuclear power and weapons. Who knows what will come out of Higgs-Bosun.

Good concern, but very unlikely. Atomic nuclei are very easy to come by, and have properties that can be exploited to produce energy or weapons. Really, the fact that it took *all* of this work to *possibly* have observed some of these particles means that even if you could *in principle* build a weapon out of the stuff, it would be basically impossible to.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Kepler

Here's a great overview of what a higgs boson is:

http://vimeo.com/41038445
Old 05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Kepler

Also, lol @ this.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler
Also, lol @ this.

Hahaha... priceless!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Smile Mesons = Weirido Particles

Actually Neville, it is always best to start at the top of the cosmic heirarchy using and outline/list;

1) fermions = fermionic matter particles = mass

2) bosons = forces exchanged between fermionic matter particles
..{ Higgs boson is alledged give the above matter a mass }...

All other particles fall into these two catagories. Start with the whole and no parts are excluded that way.

ALL physical/energy/spirit falls under these two catagories. There is only one odd bird out and that is the quasi-physical/gravity spacetime membrane/network.

Higgs is a boson.

The only time these two catagories of fermions and bosons get mixed is with mesons.

There heavy fermionic matter particles called hadrons and that basically means particles that are made from quarks.

Hadrons come in two and only two catagories:

1) baryons---i.e. protons, neutrons etc...particles that are composed of three quarks.

2) mesons----these are quark-anti-quark pairs and exchange between the above baryons( protons, neutrons etc ).

So, since quarks are fermionic matter, they become weird because they are in the bosonic force catagory. Mesons are wierd.

Higgs is suppose to be a glue that makes mass = or become a matter.

Specifically a fermionic matter---hadrons/quarks, electrons/leptons, and neutrino's/leptons.

But we have to include those weirdo mesonic bosons, because they are actually two fermionic quarks combined to have whole integer spin of bosonic force particle exchanged between hadrons-- proton neutron etc.. ----.

As of yet, they do not know if the this alledged Higgs, has spin-0 like EMRadiation--- not just light, or visible light, as so many mistaken state ---i.e.EMRadiation is much broader scale of frequencies than light and includes light.

Or it maybe spin-1 ergo the 3-weak forces( W-, W+ and Zo ), or gluons/glue that hold quarks together.

Since the Higgs decays into two Zo particles, some believe it will have spin-q value.

Based on my Rybonic extrapolations of Synergetics, I believe the Higgs is related closely with the VE/cubo-octahedron and the VE/cubo-octahedron's 4 great/equaltorial, circle-like, tubular planes are associated with those weirdo mesonic force particles as two quarks.--- strange is putting in mildly ---.

So, my guess is, that, Higgs are a hybrid that will have spin-o, spin-1 and spin-2 characteristics.

Quasi-physical/gravity spacetime membrane/network, is the essential glue of all fermionic matter and bosonic forces, this places the Higgs in a peculiear position vey much like gavity. imho.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Fish Soul = Biological

Quote:
"Now all I have to figure out is whether the soul is comprised of particles"Wavicles, wavicles Neville. Do try to keep up !

Soul = biological so yes a soul is composed of fermionic matter particles and bosonic force particles.

1) fermions
..} spirit {...

2) bosons
..{ spirit }...

Sou/biological = combination of fermions and bosons collectively as atoms, molecules etc......

Rybo the Rybot from planet Rybon spreading Rybonic Seed