Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 13-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Stillness_Speaks

Question Closing Chakras - why?

I'm trying to get a grip of this... I practice Qigong and the purpose is to open energy channels and get free flowing energies, remove blockages etc. But I sometimes read that people are opening and closing chakras. What is the purpose of closing? Sorry if this is a stupid question but it make no sense to me to close anything?
Old 13-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Serenity Bear

There are two thoughts on closing chakras:

Those that dont and dont know why etc and never have a problem not doing it.

And everyone else.

The chakra is like a tape with energy flow in both in and out directions. It has a back and a front (the crown and base work as each others back and front).

Now if you over stretch or keep your chakras open too long the following can happen:

a) Tremendous pain in that area, and its phsyical pain like migraines, sore throats, stomache ache etc. You know its the chakra as the pain goes suddenly when you close that chakra.

b) If your mediumistic you get spirit contact constantly, they just wont shut up, and they will work you 24/7 (they dont need to sleep like you do), so you will be up all night etc.

Eventually you got so tired and pooped out you suffer from exhaustion and can get very sick.

Now as I said this isnt always the case, but most like to know how to and practice closing and opening chakras to give them more control over when and where they get Spirit contact etc.
Old 13-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Stillness_Speaks

Thanks. I don't have these problems so I will continue to do what I do. I have no spirits that chatter (that I know of...). But now I know better and a little less confused. Still some confusion though, as a headache or any other pain, I would directly think of as unbalance or blockage in the energy system, not an open chakra. Maybe that one chakra is open and the others are almost closed (unbalance) can cause this, I don't know for sure. Cheers
Old 13-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
There are two thoughts on closing chakras:

Those that dont and dont know why etc and never have a problem not doing it.

And everyone else.
Love it I'm one of the 'don't bother them, leave 'em alone' brigade...
Old 14-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Aquarian

I'm not sure opening and closing chakras is even a valid descrption. I've perceived blocked ones, clear ones, exceptionally clear ones but never closed ones.
Old 14-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Sangress

Quote:
What is the purpose of closing? Sorry if this is a stupid question but it make no sense to me to close anything?

Perhaps closing chakras is actually mentally disconnecting from them or partially deactivating them via sheer willpower alone because the person is overstimulated and doesnt like what they are feeling, or because they are overloaded with energy from their chakras due to some imbalance and want to lessen the negative affects rather than fix the underlying issue.

Personally, I don't work with my own chakras (but I do work with other peoples) so I can only theorise since I have no personal experinence on the subject of closing or opening my own chakras for whatever reason.
Old 26-12-2011, 07:06 PM
p & p

it's the epidemic of confusion.

people have 2 experiences, at first:
1 they meditate
2 they freak out

so some seek to "undo" whatever they "did" that made them freak out; i.e./e.g. "close the chakras."

ironically, they're already closed which is the cause of the freak out but go figure?