Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 23-11-2011, 04:21 AM
HaloDior

Need Some Help Understanding Chakra's

Hi I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer about Chakra's. A few years ago I had a life reading done and was told that in this life I was born under the sixth Chakra. The lady doing the reading told me that I have lived many lives and had developed spiritually to a level that I am know operating mainly using the sixth Chakra. For a living she is a healer she performs Reiki as well as Mediumship and Past Life and Current Life Readings. She told me that I could easily be doing the line of work she is doing. This type of work has always greatly interested me but for some reason I feel like I am being blocked somehow from being able to access my abilities. What is the best way for a beginner to open my Chakra's?

I have always had the ability to sense stuff my whole life although for some reason the idea has always frightened me so I often turn away from it but I would like to learn and not be frightened by it anymore.
Old 23-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Tink

Hi HaloDior :)

I'm no expert but the standard answer I'd give you is to ground yourself, meditate and practise. If you want to be a healer, take courses. If you want to heighten your mediumship abilities, join a Development Circle. And then practise what you learn :)

Love and light to you xx
Old 23-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Yamah

as tink said, the first step on most journeys is Meditation. The simplest one is a breathing meditation.

Step 1: get comfortable
Step 2: close your eyes
Step 3: breathe

That's the basics. After that you should start to pay attention to your breathing and try different rhythms. Pay attention to all four sides of breath (inhale, hold full, exhale, hold empty). The 2/2/2/2 pattern is recommended for beginners - meaning a 2 count (of whatever length) for each of the four sides.

If you do ~30 minutes of this daily (or weekly depending on your discipline level) you should soon start to feel more relaxed and refreshed during your entire day and your senses should begin to open.

Once you feel comfortable with that kind of meditation (after doing it for a couple months) you can start to move on to the next steps. Note that you CAN skip ahead but please trust me when I tell you that slow and steady really does win the race. If you build for yourself a solid foundation as you grow then you will avoid the error that goes with trial and find a much smoother transition into enlightenment.
Old 23-11-2011, 12:07 PM
sruthy

Yes...Meditation...guided ones and not the ones that you simply come across in the internet...Maybe you should learn reiki or any other sort of healing technique...Things might start to sort out then in your life....
Old 23-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloDior
What is the best way for a beginner to open my Chakra's?
For what purpose(s) do you want to?
Old 23-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Serenity Bear

The best way to open a chakra, is to first understand what it is and how it works.

What is a chakra?

A chakra is an energy center where meridian (energy) lines cross in the body. You have 7 major and 21 minor. The 7 major are center on the spine.

Now imagine your spine, at certain places along it you have a chakra, which looks like a flower bud when closed and a cone shape when open. Within it they have mini cones of energy called vortexs. Each chakra has a front and back bud attached to the spine, except for the crown and base which act as each others back and front.

The 7 chakras are the following

The base = situated at the base of the spine. This is ALWAYS OPENED FIRST. Its colour is red.

The Sacral Plexus = just below the belly button, is always opened SECOND and its colour is orange.

The Solar Plexus = is situated just above the belly button and is always the THIRD to open and its colour is yellow.

The Heart Chakra = situated at the heart and is always the FOURTH to open and colour is green.

The Throat Chakra = is situated on the adams apple/thyroid gland and is always the FIFTH to open and its colour is blue.

The Brow Chakra also known as the third eye - is situated between the two brows of your eyes. Is always the SIXTH to be opened and its colour is indigo

The Crown Chakra = situated at the center of your head on the top and is the LAST to be opened. Its colour is violet/ultra violet.

To Close you go from the crown downwards. The Chakras are ALWAYS OPENED IN THIS ORDER AND CLOSED IN THE REVERSE ORDER FROM CROWN DOWNARDS.

Now to open a chakra you just think spirit and they open, to close you just imagine the bud closing at the front at back, except the crown and base which you do in the correct order. NB There are numerous ways to open chakras from visualisations to spinning them in certain directions but this is the simpliest to understand.

To do this, as stated above, is to meditate evey day for 10 minutes or so.

Do not open your chakras until you know how to close them. Do not open your chakras until you know how to protect yourself properly through prayer or visualisation.

In total I would say take yourself off to a Spiritualist Church or the like and join their development classes and they will show you how its done properly and guide you in some of the problems that may occur.
Old 23-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Yamah

Quote:
The base = situated at the base of the spine. This is ALWAYS OPENED FIRST. Its colour is red.
Untrue. Starting from the bottom is the most common Yogic method of opening the chakras. Other systems and forms open them in different orders. Though it is recommended for beginners to use that ordering, stating it in such a way that indicates it's the only ordering is misleading.
Old 24-11-2011, 01:05 AM
Master

Hi HaloDior, and welcome, “I have always had the ability to sense stuff my whole life although for some reason the idea has always frightened me so I often turn away from it but I would like to learn and not be frightened by it anymore.”
Maybe you should give a little consideration to why the idea frightens you, before you go searching for experiences which you may not understand. Consider what `sensing` stuff means, do a little research into various forms of intuitive experiences, you may find, mediumship, healing, divination, meditations and most forms of sensing based specialties are many and varied.
So maybe some research to find out more about those variations, to see if you are drawn to any in particular. Consider if your starting point of wishing to access, use and understand the chakra`s, may be best served by doing a little research on chakra`s, because you may also find many differing interpretations regarding all aspects of exactly what they are and how they may be used.

Also consider that you have made reference to a Reiki healer, medium, past life and current life reader, which may have created a bias to your freedom of choice, by suggesting you, may follow a similar path. This is a common misgiving as many (not all) who reflect potential in others, often associate to their own specialty or practice as being a path they may choose. Before you accept advice to practice anything, learn why you may fear it first, and that may be best understood in the level of knowledge you already have, or a lack of it, so a little patient research may help a lot.

I do not wish to dissuade you from self -discovery, only encourage the best starting point, which you will find when well informed about what you choose to aim for, and why. As has been suggested, meditation tends to put you in touch with yourself, if you focus on it, rather than seeking a chakra through it, you may discover relevant information regarding how you feel in personal stillness, since most of the rest tends to flow from that experience, in time. Hope it helps.
Old 24-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Serenity Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Untrue. Starting from the bottom is the most common Yogic method of opening the chakras. Other systems and forms open them in different orders. Though it is recommended for beginners to use that ordering, stating it in such a way that indicates it's the only ordering is misleading.

Really Yamah. Well in 30 years experience including attending college on the subject, Iv never heard of any other way.

My understanding it is to do with the correct flow of energy. If the chakras are opened in the wrong order then it can cause hiccups in the energy flow. You can open certain chakras, like the base, solar pluxas, heart and crown but as far as I know they still have to be in the correct order.

PS Im no beginner.
Old 24-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Yamah

Different people learn different things. I've only been working with energies for ~10 years so I am by far your junior, but what I was taught in energy healing (for the self and to work with clients) is that one should work on the chakra with the most difficulty first. The analogy is that if you have a pipe with several clogs then the flow only moves as fast as the biggest clog allows. So a healer (of the self or others) should work on opening whichever chakra is currently restricting flow.

With most of my clients I still like to work from the base upwards, especially on the first treatment. As you indicated it is far safer to work from the bottom up. After the first treatment I go in a different order for each client based on their needs.

In Jewish Mysticism it is taught to start from the crown and work downwards. This is to follow the flow of divine emanations first. For myself I find that this order works better than the yogic order.

If you feel like experimenting during your next meditation, Serenity, why don't you try it yourself? I would love to hear the results.