Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Master
[quote=AHIYAH]G) and I'm not even gnostic, if I agree with something I will say and this part of the Gospel of Thomas I obviously agree with so go back to your indwelling spirit that disagrees with the Kingdom within.
H) or not.[/QUOTE}

Please refer to post#57
Old 09-08-2018, 08:25 AM
Suspended
Master
[quote=django]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
G) and I'm not even gnostic, if I agree with something I will say and this part of the Gospel of Thomas I obviously agree with so go back to your indwelling spirit that disagrees with the Kingdom within.
H) or not.[/QUOTE}

Please refer to post#57
I) I'd rather not, its all questions from the ignorants.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:29 AM
Suspended
Master
[quote=django]
Quote:
G) and I'm not even gnostic, if I agree with something I will say and this part of the Gospel of Thomas I obviously agree with so go back to your indwelling spirit that disagrees with the Kingdom within.
H) or not.[/QUOTE}

Please refer to post#57
Oh sorry jdango with all the muck flying I didn't see you actually make some sense. I'm glad you got that from that bible that has flaws(which one?) you were saying?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:34 AM
Suspended
Master
So how many bibles with differing amount of words and differing amount of sentences and differing amount of chapters and with differing amount of books have 2 Timothy 3:16 in it? Maybe they are all correct. Lol. I mean if they are all correct I think they have the nerve I mean the audacity I mean respect to say that the Gnostics buggered it up. No no no that's not hypocrisy. Lol
Old 09-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
It's a shame you can't respond to my question, I think it deserves a response because it is a genuine conundrum to me.

I have tried to answer you but I don't think you are genuinely interested and would rather find fault with Gnosticism. That's fine because I also find faults in the OT and more contradictions than in in the Gnostic Gospels

To each their own....
Old 09-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Master
[quote=AHIYAH]
Quote:
So here's what instantly attracted my inner voice.

"If those who lead you say to you, 'See the kingdom is in the sky' then the birds of the sky will precede you"

"If they say to you , ' It is in the sea,' then the fish of the sea will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside you and it is outside of you."

When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realise that it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

"But if you will not know yourselves, you will be in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.

If you would like to share what this means to you that would be awesome but lets do it one paragraph at a time and then we will go over its entirety after. Just to get started. You'd notice in this part of the Gospel of Thomas that the four levels of Maori understanding is mentioned. Let your inner voice flow. Btw you're not obligated to say anything if you don't want to.

Hi AHIYAH

Sorry i only reply now but did not see your post cause of all the chaos on the thread.

To me the first paragraph says basically that the kingdom is not a place in the material world that you can see but the kingdom is inside us which is light of consciousness - the holy spirit i believe. Not sure about it's outside of us, what does that mean?

"When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realise that it is you who are the sons of the living Father."

"But if you will not know yourselves, you will be in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.

To me it means that when we realize that we are more than just our body we will realize we are the sons of the father.

What are you thoughts on this?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Scripture contains approximately 170 references to God as the “Father.” By necessity, one cannot be a father unless one is male. If God had chosen to be revealed to man in a female form, then the word “mother” would have occurred in these places, not “father.” In the Old and New Testaments, masculine pronouns are used over and over again in reference to God.

Jesus Christ referred to God as the Father several times and in other cases used masculine pronouns in reference to God. In the Gospels alone, Christ uses the term “Father” in direct reference to God nearly 160 times. Of particular interest is Christ’s statement in John 10:30: “I and the Father are one.” Obviously, Jesus Christ came in the form of a human man to die on the cross as payment for the sins of the world. Like God the Father, Jesus was revealed to humanity in a male form. Scripture records numerous other instances where Christ utilized masculine nouns and pronouns in reference to God.'

Misogyny????

Hi sky

Was wondering also why Jesus call's God the father because his male but Jesus also say that When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realise that it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

Surely he does not mean it can only males can be the son of God. surely females could be to son/daughters of the living father. What's your thoughts on that?
Old 09-08-2018, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I have tried to answer you but I don't think you are genuinely interested and would rather find fault with Gnosticism. That's fine because I also find faults in the OT and more contradictions than in in the Gnostic Gospels

To each their own....

Whatever my reason it is still a genuine question, if the answer requires that a person relinquish critical thinking that would be interesting in general anyway.

I'm not sure why you keep saying 'OT', that's the old testament, I'm more familiar by far with the new testament. I would have no problem whatsoever acknowledging contradictions in the old or new testament, these things are written by people, nothing is actually written by Jesus, some of what he said was remembered but a lot would have been embellished and some maybe even made up completely to consolidate an authors perspective. I think it's better by far to just be upfront about all of these texts.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:37 PM
Suspended
Master
[quote=anthony c]
Quote:

Hi AHIYAH

Sorry i only reply now but did not see your post cause of all the chaos on the thread.

To me the first paragraph says basically that the kingdom is not a place in the material world that you can see but the kingdom is inside us which is light of consciousness - the holy spirit i believe. Not sure about it's outside of us, what does that mean?

"When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realise that it is you who are the sons of the living Father."

To me it means that when we realize that we are more than just our body we will realize we are the sons of the father.

What are you thoughts on this?
No need for apologies because some people observe only to strengthen the kingdom within themselves. So what youve just said is certainly your reality and I am not the one to say you are wrong. i agree with the light of consciousness, so the light of consciusness is a process which matures the more we delve INTO it. it could start with a faint light and grow into a brilliant light which is probably explained in the many religions and cultures. so what I mean is that since we all have a level of this light consciuosness and we meet another person also aware of this inner Kingdom its like being reacquainted with a long lost family(spiritual) member that is also on a similar spiritual journey. To me the Kingdom is everywhere and we must first learn that it is within and the realisation just grows from the inside out. I did a study on the Holy Spirit awhile back and tried to consider all views at the time. So one day I heard a random person refer to it as a she. Jsyk any male can represent her. She is mentioned in the first few verses of Proverbs 3. You'd be looking for the words "she is a tree of life". You'll have to connect the dots within you. Now the word Holy is technical buzz word that is used instead of the words 'set apart' which always prompts me to ask "set apart from what?". You are right in saying that the inner kingdom/light consciousness is the Holy Spirit/Tree of Life. And lastly the Kingdom within must be brought out just as Shevani Devi has said in post #9. The righteousness of the Kingdom of our Father must also materialise in this material world. Although it is called a New Heaven and a New Earth it is really a RENEWED Heaven and a RENEWED Earth. That means the abomination will be dealt with severely as in the next verse.

So here's what a particular person/persons is/are doing.
Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity.
That word angels you can translate as human messengers. The son of man is the same as saying the son of Adam. Yeshua symbolises the second son of Adam and the third son of Adam is already walking the Earth and they be in every nation.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi sky

Was wondering also why Jesus call's God the father because his male but Jesus also say that When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realise that it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

Surely he does not mean it can only males can be the son of God. surely females could be to son/daughters of the living father. What's your thoughts on that?

No Anthony Jesus is not saying only Males are Sons of God, what he is trying to say is that in the Spirit there is no gender.

In Scriptures God is always described as Male, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit but these words are just metaphors.

The mind is always referred to as Female, and the spiritual Self is always referred to as Male in the Gospel of Thomas.