Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-05-2011, 05:46 AM
MoonDancer

Afraid

Have you ever been afraid of developing you psychic abilities more because of what you may then know? Like, the people/events around you etc.
Sometimes I am afraid that I wil be bale to see something that I was blind to that will be painful. Of course in the end it will probably be good, but if being blind to it wasn't affecting me and won't ever then why do I need to see it?
Old 06-05-2011, 06:03 AM
themaster

Nope, but there are ego fears in everything.. my teacher has taught telepathy classes and been psychic I think since he was born.. he isn't in fear.. so I offer you the idea.. you can go there and not be EGO afraid.. recognize the fear is your mental body's..
Old 06-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Experiencer
I think it's perfectly normal to fear the unknown. It would be more peculiar if you weren't apprehensive about something which requires you to substantially alter your view and experience of the world.

I have had fears about developing my abilities too, and though they are slightly different fears to yours (in my case, a part of me really struggles to trust that my spiritual experiences are real or release my old view that the physical world is all there is) I do understand how you feel.

The good news is that this development is slow and gradual and you have plenty of time to adjust and explore new things as they come to you. If anything disturbs you, you then have the opportunity to halt your work in this area until you are able to process it. More than anything, it is about learning to trust in yourself and in the process; you may make mistakes or need to make new adjustments to your life, but that is true of any kind of growth. If there is more to see than you have ever seen before, why wouldn't you want to see it? We all need to be willing to take risks in order to grow.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Knower

Could it be possible to be afraid and not realise it? I guess so... just pondering here...
Old 07-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Experiencer

Themaster is correct: Fear is ego's speciality. Ego fears his demise, which appears to him as everything non-physical, since ego is a physical being.
Westliegh is correct, it's natural.
That being said, I offer this: I have a place in the back right side of my head where thought can instantly become physical reality. If a kid throws a snowball at my vehicle while I'm driving, I can think from that spot and make the snowball fall to the ground without going far. That's scary. To know that a thought in my head can turn into physical reality is scary. BUT, I also know that there are safeguards in place to prevent anything really bad from happening. So I'm not afraid of awareness, and when I developed the ability to see things along with it came the ability to shut it off, quite automatically. And sometimes it's hard to turn it back on, but so be it.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Prokopton

Conquering the fear within yourself and acquiring the psychic abilities go hand in hand.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:52 PM
surrendertotheflow

The only thing to fear is fear itself. Not knowing can be scary, but the rewards of figuring things out sometimes are way more beneficial than the initial plunge. Good luck and have faith
Old 07-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Yes, I was terrified of what I might see. I had horrific nightmares about bad spirits for quite a few nights. I wouldn't go downstairs without a light on which is unheard of for me as I've lived alone for years and have no fear of the dark.

Thankfully none of my fears came to be. I had one rather edgy experience while away in Febuary, but aside from that I have only seen loving spirits and had beautiful psychic experiences.

It is natural to be afraid though. When the fear gets too intense to cope with surround yourself with white light and affirm you are a Divine spark. This will help.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Jules

Prokoptons right. Conquering the fear is a part of your development. At the beginning almost every one I know has been scared but all it is is fear of the unknown. Learn to trust yourself and your guides, state your intention and what you expect from them.. it's a two way streak and you are always in control. Remember, fear breeds fear. This isn't just about developing your psychic intuition, it's also promoting your self awareness.
Namaste
Jue
x
Old 07-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Medium_Laura

Very true. You are afraid to know people's innermost thoughts. Which that fear will actually block you from "hearing" those thoughts. Fear is a negative. As long as you have a fear then you cannot grow; it holds you back.