Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 10-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Master
HAVE YOU tried yoga? I do wai lana's dvd's and they help a lot. I am 200 pounds and am 5 /4 and I look like I weight 160. Do you have a big bone structure? Also spirtually are you ready to loose the weight? My thoughts are with you.
Spiritlite.
Old 18-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Master
Interesting thread. I used to stress and lose weight. Then you get a certain age (blah)...and stress and cortisol take a toll. My oldest son is getting married this October and I want to lose the weight for that, but also because I can't stand this heavier version of me.

I quit smoking about 5 years ago and anticipated gaining 'ten' (HA) pounds, so I made sure I changed my eating habits beforehand, took up hiking and trail running. Well, I gained 40 pounds. I was so disgusted. In 2009, one of the worst years of my life, I was in a total body work out class that I loved, but under an enormous amount of stress and grief, lost the weight...last year I gained it back. It's so much harder this time to lose it. I'm going to focus on the water. I was in a zumba class that I loved, but with the divorce, I can't afford anything and once he's out of the house, I will just dance around the house for at least an hour each day...plus I can go to my trails and run ...can't wait!

Spiritlite, I took a yoga class last semester and I loved it. I wish i could afford to go to one...they are expensive. I got to take Yoga for P.E.
Old 18-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Master
I love wai lana.

Old 19-03-2011, 02:21 PM
LightFilledHeart

There is no question but that stress, depression and the accompanying raised cortisol levels (particularly in women!) can prevent you from losing weight or at least substantially slow your progress, even when dieting and exercising. But there are other things that can interfere too, and one of them is improper or inadequate elimination and/or an electrolyte imbalance. The healer I work with pointed out that imbalance to me and recommended pedialyte for a period of time. Since starting on the pedialyte, I have effortlessly dropped two pounds with the same diet and exercise regime I've been on for months but which had begun to be ineffective! I'm a happy camper
Old 21-03-2011, 08:08 PM
CJ82Sky

pedialite is a great idea - i've heard that before now that you mention it. i also think i have some spiritual blockage and am making myself more stuck than i realize that i am. i actually just started a thread in healing about old injuries flaring up as a warning and i think it ties into the weight loss issue.

sooo back to more detox tea and tons and tons of water and i will try the pedialite as well. thanks so much everyone :)

feel free to keep this thread going and we can all share our stories. good news is that despite my back injury and a week of steroids, muscle relaxers and little activity, i managed to stay mostly hydrated and not gain any weight which is good as usually any form of prednisone can cause massive weight gain fast. i think that means i may finally be moving forward. let's see if once i can heal, i can also lose this weight.
Old 22-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Iskandar

When losing weight, diet is far more important than any other factor.
Old 30-03-2011, 06:02 AM
johnnash87

Good to see that you are looking for a natural method of improving your eyesight and getting rid from various eye problems. You can try the more natural method of improving the bad condition of the eyes. It is called the Bates Method which has been in practice for a very long time and today people are increasingly recognizing the benefits of this method.
Old 30-03-2011, 06:53 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar
When losing weight, diet is far more important than any other factor.

Even the world's best diet won't make you lose weight if you are female and have high stress (and therefore high cortisol) levels.
You will also not lose if you have a bad yeast over-growth.
Old 31-03-2011, 12:04 PM
themaster

Sometimes the weight can't come off.. your body needs it.. you won't lose the weight by being in survival mode (starving the body) you need to really probably develop a loving relationship with your body or also called "physical body"

I would suggest the best thing you can do is work on liking you.. that's even with the weight you don't prefer.. and I say again.. it should be "I don't prefer this" not a lack statement of "I don't like this" "this is inappropriate" or maybe even "this is not what I want!"

That kind of energy just creates more.. neutral energy and stating your preference is positive creation in action..
Old 05-04-2011, 08:43 PM
CJ82Sky

themaster - liking myself isn't the issue. it had a lot more to do with other changes necessary in life and a plan to move forward (and MOVE entirely). from jobs to houses and so on. that plan is in place and weight started coming off (surprise! lol) and i'm sure it will progress as i get news about the pieces i need to put the plan in action :)