Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Pathfinder

My little boy.

Hi I'm new to the forum and have been looking around for some time now. This is my first post.
I have something I would like to share with you. Sadly my little boy who is now seven. Has had to face the realities of death. As his grandfather passed on just three months ago. This has been a difficult time for us all.
Just three weeks before his grandad died we had to attend a funeral of the little ones fathers cousin. I was not happy about this one little bit as I feel that a funeral is not for young children. To help him understand I explained that when someone dies they are just shedding there body in the same way as a bearded dragon sheds it's skin. What is left is like the skin. And the body going into the ground is just the shell that's left behind and that the shell is no longer the person and that the persons spirit passes into another world that is known as heaven. That person is given a new and better body just like Draco his pet bearded dragon. After he has shed his skin. When Draco has what is like a new skin all fresh and clean. Unfortunately the vicar overheard this conversation and by the look I was getting she didn't like it very much. Lol.
Anyway my little boys grandad passed away in his sleep and my little man has taken it all quite well. He asked not to go to the funeral as he didn't need to say goodbye. As he can say goodbye to his grandad with his mind. We respected this and know that it was the right decision for him. So the funeral. He attended with us was even though I didn't want him to go. Turned out to be a good thing, it helped my little one to understand.
A couple of nights ago my little one was talking to me and brought up the subject of death. He in particular commented on what happens if we die in our sleep. He told that when we die in our sleep. What happens is we go to sleep and there is just nothing darkness. Unless we have a dream. But if we die in our sleep. We experience the same nothingness and darkness. Then we start to realise that we have died and slowly it becomes lighter and we start to wake up. Into light.
How wonderful is this. It's almost like he knows what his grandad experienced. Children are amazing. Also recently we visited his grand ads grave. He had been there before with his dad. He asked us when we got there. I wonder if that little boy I saw last time is here for me to play with. His dad commented that there was no one else there last time. But I can't help feel that my little boy really did see someone.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Pathfinder
Children's insight about death almost seems more advanced and open than our own sometimes! What a beautiful story, and how wonderful that you're open to the things your son is seeing and feeling during these experiences with death. What strength you must give him to understand and cope!
Old 11-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Master

A very warm welcome to the forum!

What a lovely story. Especially about the other little boy.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Pathfinder

I just felt I needed to share. It is the same for me. I've always believed in an afterlife. Or rather I've always known. I can remember when I was a little girl. Having a feeling of not belonging. Of I'm not supposed to be here. I remember having a yearning to go home. I can even remember spooking out a dinner lady in infants school. By telling her I want to go back home to heaven as I don't belong here. After that she refused to speak to me. Lol.
I guess that was my first lesson in keeping quiet.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Master

Welcome to the forum . It sounds like you gave him your belief system , witch is good . You might let him know others have slightly different beliefs . Some , like me believe in reincarnation . We come come back to a new human life , after death , get to stay on the astral plane , or advance to higher leavels , based on karma , ect.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Pathfinder

Hmm your right maybe I should let him know at some point that not everyone believes. I came across that myself as a child. I think it closed me down untill I grew up. But deep down I have always known. Yes I believe in reincarnation too. But I believe that we go to the spirit world in between lives. Well it's more than just a belief it is a knowing. It is a knowing that I've always had. I can remember a conversation with my mum when I was quite young. She told me that her stepdad told her that when we die our souls are put into little glass bottles and then when god finds us a new body he gets the glass jar down and puts the soul into the new babies body. I could buy the soul into a new body but I didn't believe the glass jar part.
But I just somehow knew that we where back in heaven.then we would be put back into as new body after some time. Which was my understanding at the time. I now under stand that it is the spirit world.
I think I actually had memories of the spirit world. Up untill I learned to keep quiet. After the rejection I experienced as a young child of about five or six.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Children are very open to spirit, some call them invisable friends, what you told your son about the dragon shedding its skin is a way of telling him so he can understand. when we pass in our sleep we just wake up in spirit. it seems your son is sensative to the spirit world but like myself i though everyone could do it when i was younger its a normal progression for myself but i have also been called all names because i could connect to spirit and they couldnt. just be consistant with him tell him that not every one he comes across will believe. welcome to the forums by the way

Namaste
Old 11-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Master

On reincarniton I believe we have some choise in the mater , as to stay on the astral plane or come back in to a new body .Some kids do remember there past life , but forget around 5 . You might let your kid also know there are the people that dont believe we have a soul that lives on after death . I call them the grab for the gusto people , its from an old t.v. beer add .
Old 11-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Pathfinder

Talking about invisible friends. My little boy has had one for about three years now. Lol. He calls him light guy. When I ask him why he calls him light guy. He says because he is surrounded by light. So yes I do think he is sensitive to spirit.
If someone calls light guy imaginary. He goes crazy. It has happened a couple of times. But Arran will explain that light guy is real. Sometimes he will **** his head as if to listen to something and get excited and shout yeh light guy is here. My little ones eyes will actually light up. That is how I know that he really does have a spirit friend.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Pathfinder

Yes I believe we have some choice to come back too. But I don't think I was too happy about it this time around. As I have always felt disconnected with this life. But I have learned to just get on with it and make the most of it and learn the lessons I'm supposed to learn. I guess I've just sort of accepted it.