Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
OCD is a nightmare

It makes me feel good to read that. I've suffered with varying levels of depression, anxiety and OCD for a long time, and at times they've been very severe. OCD, as you said, is a nightmare, and the reason why I said it felt good to read what you wrote is because sometimes I question whether I have OCD or I'm just insane. Most of the people I know who have ever mentioned OCD thought it was just something stupid about needing to hit a switch an even number of times or lock a window twice. That's complete ****. I've had the kind of OCD where my brain has made me believe I'm everything that I'm not, including a complete psycho because of the disturbing thoughts it would put in my mind. I would, as you'd expect, respond to those intrusive thoughts with certain actions. But OCD plagues you, and if you don't perform those actions correctly, the thoughts intensify. I used to get thoughts that would say so-and-so will die if you don't do something in a certain way. The pain and depression it creates is so intense because the thoughts generated by OCD feel well and truly real. You can so easily lose sight of reality and begin to question who you are. To this day, I'm still dealing with varying levels of OCD. It's a hard one to deal with, and it's made me feel suicidal more than enough times.

I don't believe in hell. I don't believe suicide in an attempt to escape illness and suffering would send people to a place of eternal suffering. But I do believe in energies, and if what people say about realities like an astral realm is true, then the next life is heavily based on energy and, in a sense, would have its own heaven and hell. They say if we're full of negative energy, we attract negative energy (hell), and if we surround ourselves with love and positive energy, we attract positive energy (heaven). I don't know if any of this is true, but it might suggest that if someone died full of negative energy, they could (without support or guidance on the other side) manifest in a negative place. It would give some authenticity to heaven and hell in a way, that's for sure. But if there is an afterlife, it goes to show that there is way more to existence than what we know here, and I believe a spirit in need would receive the kind of guidance and support it needs to heal and continue on its path.

That's just me. I know nothing as fact.
Old 17-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Master

Sunset Dragon, you know what is right for you!! I enjoyed reading your thoughts. And thank you for explaining some details of OCD that I was not aware of. By you giving an explanation of what you go through, it takes the fear and stigma away from people: the more they understand the more acceptance they have.

I am glad you don't believe suicide "victims" go to a place of suffering. That is a fear so many have. That said, you seem to have a self awareness that is extremely sharp. Keep doing what you are doing, because it'll get you through a lot of rocky terrain.
Old 17-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Deactivated Account
People don't suffer after entering spirit. Its the living that suffers. The spirit actually has to reflect on the life they left behind and if it was a bad one, then it might be difficult to reflect on, but otherwise there is no suffering.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."

-Anne Frank
Old 18-09-2014, 03:39 AM
Master

Actually, I believe there can be suffering if the person gets "stuck" somewhere because of self judgement. That is why family and friends greet them to help them transition into their new life.
Old 18-09-2014, 05:49 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Sunset Dragon, you know what is right for you!! I enjoyed reading your thoughts. And thank you for explaining some details of OCD that I was not aware of. By you giving an explanation of what you go through, it takes the fear and stigma away from people: the more they understand the more acceptance they have.

I am glad you don't believe suicide "victims" go to a place of suffering. That is a fear so many have. That said, you seem to have a self awareness that is extremely sharp. Keep doing what you are doing, because it'll get you through a lot of rocky terrain.

Thank you, Linen.
Old 18-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Master

Yes, people with mental illness have this 'taken into consideration' regarding their actions.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. He will be receiving healing and loving care on the Other Side.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Experiencer
Hi MichaelCheech,

It might interest you to know their is a video series on you tube called Channeling Erik that discusses this very topic in several videos. Erik lived a life struggling with depression, bipolar, ADHD and anxiety. When Erik was in his early twenties, he committed suicide. Jamie Butler is a spirit medium who channels Erik who together with Erik's mom have been routinely posting a lot of compelling videos on these sessions.

Spiritual Basis for Bipolar Disease
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYFYYgDTOc0

Spiritual Basis For Depression
http://www.channelingerik.com/the-sp...or-depression/

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 25-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Knower

Negative emotions can affect the spirit after death, holding it back, but there will always be a way out of the darkness. Some say suicides are condemned to hell for eternity but nothing is ever absolute. Everyone can find their way forwards. It may be much more difficult, the lessons they failed to grasp will have to be repeated, but guidance is there if they can take it
Old 26-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCheech
Hi guys. I'm very curious about the spiritual afterlife and I'm starting to develop a real interest for it.

Just recently a friend of mine committed suicide. I have heard people who commit suicide are not totally free of their burdens in the afterlife. I have heard they must try and help their loved ones cope with the pain of their sudden death, among other things.

However my friend had very serious mental illness. He had depression, OCD, and anxiety disorder. All of which were very severe i might add. I've also heard people with mental disorders, get cut a break when they die, for lack of a better term.

So my question is this - What happens when people with serious mental illness commit suicide? Is he still suffering in the afterlife? What became of him?

I believe every individual is unique. The only way to find out about your friend is find a way to connect with them. Likely they are in a lower plane, still coping with their depression. But since they were aware and conscious of what they were doing when taking their life, it may not be as confusing as say someone who died suddenly and unexpectedly. They may have to work at seeing those who are there to help them move forward, because the depression could certainly leave them "blind" to those beings and helpers. Really, it's hard to say what his unique situation could be.

You can ask or concentrate on visiting him in your dreams or during meditation, or you could find a legitimate medium to help you connect. There simply isn't a one size fits all situation. The possibilities are as endless as our imaginations. When we are depressed our imagination tends to stick to a specific negative setting, so it is likely your friend has created a negative world for himself, but it is there for his transition, and likely he will work his way through it to reach a higher more creative plane. If you send him your prayers and wishes for him to have a successful journey through these issues, you will be helping him.

I just found out about this guy somewhere on this forum: http://vimeo.com/35972467 and I honestly really resonate with everything he has to say about the afterlife and altered states of consciousness. The video is really worth a watch if you are interested.
Old 27-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Hadit

The same things happen to us all when we die, what matters is if you make peace with it. Most people who commit suicide do.